VIDEO: How to Wow – Simple Stitching
VIDEO: How to Wow – Simple Stitching
I love stitching details on cards, don’t you? If you’re not the sewing type, or can’t be bothered with pulling out a machine, but would like to add a few stitches, today’s How to Wow is for you!
I really do love stitching details on cards. I don’t think it will ever go out of style! But, often, I struggle with the want, and the need to get out my sewing machine to add a few stitches. Ain’t nobody got time for that!
I will confess that I recently invested in one of those mini sewing machines. So, now I have one in my craft room that I can just pull out and stitch a line fairly quickly. But, sometimes you still want a thicker stitch, or a color that maybe you don’t have in thread. So, what’s a craft maven to do? I’ve got a simple approach that you’re going to love!
I was inspired by today’s new Tic Tac Toe Challenge board:
I went for the middle row – Dimension, Embellishment, Die-cut. I thought that I’d do up an adorable 3x3 note (my favorite size) to show off the versatility of a new bundle in the Holiday Catalog – Christmas Quilt.
Hopefully you spied the 3 or 4 little stitches I added to the quilt square. Using the die made it a breeze, but there’s other ways you can quickly add a few stitches, so, let’s take a look at the video to see!
Ready to stitch away? I hope so! Here’s some other tips about this mini beauty:
- I wanted to show off the versatility of this stamp set beyond the holidays, so I reached for my Color Coordinator to come up with a great combo – Rich Razzleberry, Blushing Bride and Sahara Sand
- Don’t be afraid to snip up your sentiments. The one I used was two lines that I broke up so they would look perfect on this little masterpiece
- Add a paper frame – I cut an additional quilt square from Blushing Bride and rotated it a quarter turn so it would peek out behind the main square. It adds the perfect extra sumthin’ sumthin’!
Time to earn some Pixel Points
Pixel Points are my way of rewarding this community for sharing, commenting, visiting and purchasing. And, it's not hard to do! Just Login/Register and you'll start to collect points!
Here’s how you can earn Pixel Points:
- Visit the site (Subscribe to get emails about new posts)
- Leave a COMMENT below!
- Place an order on Stampin' Up!, using this month's Host Code (or placing an order over $150).
Here’s how you can share with others:
Got time for these quick cards? Of course!
If you LOVED today’s project, and you want to make this card yourself, the supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, order a minimum of $25 (can be multiple orders) start receiving extra benefits from me! The more you order, the more you’ll get! You MUST use the Host Code to get your extras!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: UUHBKRUT.
- Product Reward Club members receive 2 Pixel Points for every dollar they spend (before shipping and tax). Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials availalable HERE.
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND the free gifts from me!
- STAMPIN' BLENDS! Stampin' Up!'s new alcohol-based markers are now available! Start your collection today and join me at Club Blend
- PAPER PUMPKIN - Outside the Box! My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products! Join today!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra