VIDEO: How to Wow – Metallic Ink
VIDEO: How to Wow – Metallic Ink
Tick-Tock, it’s time to play! Design team O is on the scene with a new Tic Tac Toe board and some amazing inspiration!
You might wonder what it’s like to be a part of an online design challenge team. Is it a huge commitment? Are the designers nice? Is it a lot of pressure? Well, we’re looking for a new designer to fill a position starting in late October, so, maybe you should apply! Click here for details. Here’s a little more about TTTC:
- We all blog so we can post our projects for the challenge. Some of us post projects more than others – it all depends on our business needs.
- We have a private Facebook group where we coordinate our challenge submissions and create the challenge cards.
- Challenge cards are submitted and created in advance so we can work on our inspiration projects ahead of time and work out any issues or questions with elements.
- We’re all super nice and supportive. There’s quite a few first-time design team members, so there’s lots of support to get questions answered and people going in the right direction.
- Felicita manages all of the blog posts, and I manage all of the social media posting. DT members are expected to post comments on the entries. Other design challenges sometimes divvy up the work further, but we find that this works for us so far!
- We represent lots of different styles and products (not just Stampin’ Up!). We love that we can reach crafters with different styles.
My design for today follows the first row across: Metallic, Glow, Autumn Colors:
Originally, the upper left corner was “Metallic Ink”, so I took the challenge and figured out how to make metallic ink with Stampin’ Up! reinkers! This is the creativity that ensued:
The technique is more than adding Wink of Stella on top of the ink. In this way, the metallic effect pools along with the ink color. It is stunning and a TON of fun! Here’s how I did it:
I’m betting you’ll be making metallic ink combos for weeks! It’s so much fun!! Here’s some other details that make today’s card a success:
- Use Tear & Tape for no-fuss application of foil sheet strips. First I cut the strip to the correct width (1/4″ in this case), and then I add the Tear & Tape to the back. Affix the element to the watercolor layer, then snip the edges to fit. Perfecto, with no adhesive mess!
- The Embossing Buddy is a MUST for perfect embossing without any strays. Once the embossing cools, you can wipe off any extra powder from the Buddy. You’ll be soooo happy you took the time for this step.
- Keep it simple! Let that amazing background shine by not adding a whole lot else! Your recipient will be stunned enough, there’s no need to add anything else!!
Don't Forget about my MONTHLY GIVEAWAY!
Every month, I give away a sweet surprise to one lucky commenter. So, don't forget to leave a COMMENT on today's post to enter!
If you loved today's project, I'd love to know! The blogosphere can be a lonely place, so please don't lurk! Leave a quick word or two to tell me you were here!
The latest Craft-a-Flower from Altenew is just in time for Remembrance Day in the UK!
Time to twinkle & shine, crafters! This latest Altenew release will have you starry-eyed in love with unique illustrations and amazing sentiments! Plus, some other fun surprises you won’t want to miss!
Let’s start off this holiday season with some package tag ideas!
Ready to make everything metallic?
If you LOVED today’s project, and you want to make this card yourself, the supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, order a minimum of $25 (can be multiple orders) start receiving extra benefits from me! The more you order, the more you’ll get! You MUST use the Host Code to get your extras!