VIDEO: How to Wow – Metallic Ink
VIDEO: How to Wow – Metallic Ink
Tick-Tock, it’s time to play! Design team O is on the scene with a new Tic Tac Toe board and some amazing inspiration!
You might wonder what it’s like to be a part of an online design challenge team. Is it a huge commitment? Are the designers nice? Is it a lot of pressure? Well, we’re looking for a new designer to fill a position starting in late October, so, maybe you should apply! Click here for details. Here’s a little more about TTTC:
- We all blog so we can post our projects for the challenge. Some of us post projects more than others – it all depends on our business needs.
- We have a private Facebook group where we coordinate our challenge submissions and create the challenge cards.
- Challenge cards are submitted and created in advance so we can work on our inspiration projects ahead of time and work out any issues or questions with elements.
- We’re all super nice and supportive. There’s quite a few first-time design team members, so there’s lots of support to get questions answered and people going in the right direction.
- Felicita manages all of the blog posts, and I manage all of the social media posting. DT members are expected to post comments on the entries. Other design challenges sometimes divvy up the work further, but we find that this works for us so far!
- We represent lots of different styles and products (not just Stampin’ Up!). We love that we can reach crafters with different styles.
My design for today follows the first row across: Metallic, Glow, Autumn Colors:
Originally, the upper left corner was “Metallic Ink”, so I took the challenge and figured out how to make metallic ink with Stampin’ Up! reinkers! This is the creativity that ensued:
The technique is more than adding Wink of Stella on top of the ink. In this way, the metallic effect pools along with the ink color. It is stunning and a TON of fun! Here’s how I did it:
I’m betting you’ll be making metallic ink combos for weeks! It’s so much fun!! Here’s some other details that make today’s card a success:
- Use Tear & Tape for no-fuss application of foil sheet strips. First I cut the strip to the correct width (1/4″ in this case), and then I add the Tear & Tape to the back. Affix the element to the watercolor layer, then snip the edges to fit. Perfecto, with no adhesive mess!
- The Embossing Buddy is a MUST for perfect embossing without any strays. Once the embossing cools, you can wipe off any extra powder from the Buddy. You’ll be soooo happy you took the time for this step.
- Keep it simple! Let that amazing background shine by not adding a whole lot else! Your recipient will be stunned enough, there’s no need to add anything else!!
Time to earn some Pixel Points
Pixel Points are my way of rewarding this community for sharing, commenting, visiting and purchasing. And, it's not hard to do! Just Login/Register and you'll start to collect points!
Here’s how you can earn Pixel Points:
- Visit the site (Subscribe to get emails about new posts)
- Leave a COMMENT below!
- Place an order on Stampin' Up!, using this month's Host Code (or placing an order over $150).
Here’s how you can share with others:
- Use those big ‘ol SHARE buttons below and post today’s creative inspiration for others to find
- Earn more points by referring friends! Once you register, you'll get a custom URL that you can share.
When your friends use your link, you'll get more Pixel Points!
Need more info? Check out all the details...
Friends – Our Chosen Family… Over at Festive Friday We’re getting ready to celebrate Friendship Day (it’s on July 30th). A “friendship” card is a pretty broad subject and can really span the gamut of sentiments.
July is here and we’re deep into wedding season! I thought that I’d put together a CASE file that would help you create a stunning wedding card.
Put an X through it, June is D-O-N-E! Hello HOT!!
We’re all ready for those hot Summer nights over at Festive Friday where we’re celebrating Ice Cream Day (it’s on July 15th).
Ready to make everything metallic?
If you LOVED today’s project, and you want to make this card yourself, the supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, order a minimum of $25 (can be multiple orders) start receiving extra benefits from me! The more you order, the more you’ll get! You MUST use the Host Code to get your extras!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: BUS2F3F3
- All orders receive 1 Pixel Point for every dollar spent with me on stampinup.com (before shipping and tax).
- Go for DOUBLE Pixel Points by adding the current Host Code to your order!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND earn DOUBLE Pixel Points!
- Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials available HERE.
- Learn more about the Pixel Points Program
- Get 10 Ink Pads FREE! - If you have a product wishlist over $99 the Best Deal Ever is for you!
- PAPER PUMPKIN - My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products! Join today and get your first month 1/2 off!! Use code BLOOM0818 at checkout.
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
- Need a 2018-19 Annual Catalog? Request your FREE copy here!