VIDEO: Come Join the Paper Party – Bring your Snips!
Whether you’re just starting the hop, or have come from a previous Pal’s blog, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
Here Comes the Bride!
But first, a moment of silence….
Are you just drooling over this card? (I know my cousin did!). I know I’ve created a bit of a faux pas by using two retired products (gasp!) – my beloved Crumb Cake Medium Envelopes (I’m still mourning….) and the So In Love DSP. Well – it needs to be used up, and you should use yours too! So, don’t abandon it to the far corners of your craft space – show it some love and create something lovely!
And on to the deets…
Revealing the mysteries….
Just say the word “fussy-cut” and you’ll know what kind of crafter you’re dealing with. They either love the technique, are not a fan, or have never tried it and completely mystified. I guess you could say that about any technique, really, but fussy-cutting is one that comes up a lot. Now that we have dies and punches that coordinate with many sets, and even e-cutters that will cut around shapes, fussy-cutting is a less frequent practice, but still an important one for those times you really want a cut-out, but only have snips.
Are you snipping away yet? Good! Here’s some more details about today’s card if you want to recreate it:
- Basic Black Archival Ink – it’s the perfect ink for stamping on Vellum. You can also use Memento Tuxedo Black, or any other Stampin’ Up! color. You will want to hit those with your heat tool on a low setting to help dry and set the ink. When stamping, be sure not to rock the stamp – go firmly down and up as inked stamps have a tendency to slide on vellum.
- Freeform Embossing is easy to do. Just swipe your Versamark Ink Pad across the area where you want the swipe of embossing powder, and add your powder. If you get strays, or want to refine where the powder ends up, use a paint brush to brush off the excess. Heat. Done. Easy!
- Two Toned Flower – the fussy-cut flower was stamped in Blushing Bride. Then I came back and put some Calypso Coral on an acrylic stamp block (use your Stampin’ Write Marker, or just smoosh the block into your ink pad) and then used a Blender Pen to grab little bits of ink, and added to the inside of each petal – slowly, and just little bits at a time, to make the color darker. Gives it a bit of a 3-D look, don’t’cha think?
That’s about it – so time for you to share!
Wrap-up & Chat
If you’re in love with this project and my new Paper Party Video Series, please do share!
Because creatives crave inspiration! By sharing each other’s work, not only will we get better, and craft more often, but we help inspire others too. Creativity is a team sport, so get out there and share.
Here’s how you can share with me:
- Leave a COMMENT below!
- Post a project inspired by today’s post on my Facebook page OR
- Post it Pinterest and use the hashtag #PMRInspired2017 OR
- Post it to Instagram and use the hashtag #PMRInspired2017
When I find your creations, I’ll comment and I’ll share them right here!
Here’s how you can share with others:
- Use those big ‘ol SHARE buttons below and post today’s creative inspiration for others to find
- If you’re on a mobile device, you can share images by pressing and holding on the picture and selecting “Share Image”. You should get a whole bunch of options depending on what apps you have installed on your device.
Time to Hop Along!
Thanks again for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on July 12th. We’re having a pattern party! Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. See you on July 12th for the next Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat << That’s Me!
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Su Mohr at Aromas and Art
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: 37DDAN93. This month's Product Rewards Club members will receive:
- Orders between $25-$74.99: A 6x6 Paper Sampler - Fresh Florals DSP
- Orders over $75: The Paper Sampler AND 1/8" Fresh Fig Sheer Ribbon!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND the free gifts from me!
- BONUS DAYS - Redeem your coupons this month! Click for more details
FREEBIES!!! There's no catch - check out my Freebies Page for all sorts of downloadable resources to help take your crafting up a notch!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
Get your Snips and other supplies!
If you LOVED today’s project, and you want to try making the card yourslef, the supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, orders of $25 start receiving extra benefits from me! The more you order, the more you’ll get! Be sure to use the Host Code to get your extras!