VIDEO: Adding Patina to Foil Sheets
Welcome to the Techniques & Textures Pals Blog Hop for May 2017. We are thankful you stopped by to take in all of our projects! Today, I’ll be adding patina to foil sheets and showing you how to do it.
This month we are featuring projects that are “stepped up” by using textures or fun techniques. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
Over the top? Naw…
I loooovvee our foil sheets. Really, how could they get any better than they already are? Metallic pieces add such an amazing, elegant touch to any project. But I think today, I’ve gone over the top! I figured that adding patina to foil sheets would take them from perfectly shiny to perfectly antiqued and aged and I just had to figure out how to do it and share it with you.
I consider this a bit of an “advanced” technique – only because it takes some time to apply the finish, so patience is important. Go slow and add just a little bit at a time. Here’s some key products:
- Sponge Daubers – to daub on ink
- Paper Towel – to wipe and blot
- Heat Gun – to dry the ink between applications
- Fine Grit Sandpaper – to rough the foil for additional texture
- Stampin’ Mist – to apply a water-spotted look
Check out my video that walks you through the whole patina process…
Wrap-up & Chat
If all of today’s hop techniques and tips are this great – you’re really going to build up your technique toolbox today! I hope you use my video and tips to try adding patina to foil sheets – and share your results!
Because creatives crave inspiration! By sharing your work, not only will you get better, and craft more often, but you’ll be helping inspire others too. Creativity is a team sport, so get out there and share.
Here’s how you can share with me:
- Leave a COMMENT below!
- Post a project inspired by today’s post on my Facebook page OR
- Post it Pinterest and use the hashtag #PMRInspired2017 OR
- Post it to Instagram and use the hashtag #PMRInspired2017
When I find your creations, I’ll comment and I’ll share them right here!
Here’s how you can share with others:
- Use those big ‘ol SHARE buttons below and post today’s creative inspiration for others to find
- If you’re on a mobile device, you can share images by pressing and holding on the picture and selecting “Share Image”. You should get a whole bunch of options depending on what apps you have installed on your device.
Time to Hop Along!
To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Karen Gooch at Inker’s Workshop
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps.com
Don't miss these hot deals - click the picture to shop!
Supplies list for adding patina to foil sheets
If you LOVED today’s project, and you want to try this technique too, here’s a list of supplies that I used. Click on the links below to order, and don’t forget the host code for an extra free gift from me! Orders over $25 qualify for a free gift!