No PINK was used in the making of this card! I know you don't believe me now, but by the time you finish this post and video, you'll see how it happened. I was really looking for an amazing mottled gray background for this project, we took a hard right turn - fast!...
Ever send a card just to say hello?
No? Why not?! Don’t you just love going to the mailbox and finding a surprise other than a credit card bill? I’m sure there’s someone in your life that would love to get a happy mail surprise too! Now that we’re post-holidays, most people don’t think of sending a card unless it’s for a birthday, Mother’s/Father’s day or maybe an anniversary. Let’s take some time to break that trend and fill up people’s mailboxes with sunshine!
Festive Friday has a fun inspiration topic this week – Belly Laugh Day! It’s time to pull out any pun-filled or joke sentiment stamp sets, to create a fun card (that you should mail to someone this week!). Of course, if you don’t have any pun or joke stamp sets, you can go for the “or” option with some stitching elements – either real stitching or faux. Don’t forget that we’ve changed up our challenge and all of our DT members provide a tutorial for their project – Instant CASE-worthy projects that you can Pin for reference!
Looking for ideas – here’s a few:
- CASE one of the DT projects and add your own twist to our designs. Of course, if you blog about it, we would love for you to mention the Designer as your inspiration for your project.
- Try your hand at adding stitched elements to your design. Of course, there are stitched dies, but you could also use a paper piercing tool to make your own faux patterns, or even use a sewing machine or needle and thread to add real stitching.
Here’s my take:
I am without any punny or joke style stamp sets at the moment, so I opted for the “or” option, adding in a nice stitched element, and some real stitching for added detail. Let’s get on with the Party Plan!
Don’t forget to leave a comment at the end of the post to qualify for my monthly giveaway!
(affiliate links are used in this post. When you click on them and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting my blog!)
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
(Affiliate shopping links are listed at the end of the post)
Stamps: Mega Greetings (Altenew),
Paper: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ – Solar White 110lb (Neenah), 4 1/2″ x 5 3/4″ remembrance Collection, Memories pattern (Photo Play Paper), 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ – Pink Frosting CS (Bazzill Smoothies), 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ – Gold Glitter CS (Kaisercraft), scrap of white CS
Inks: Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink(Ranger)
Accessories: Autumn Afternoon Sequins (28 Lilac Lane), gold thread (Coates)
Other: Mega Hello die (Altenew), Big Shot (Sizzix), Stamp Positioner (Tonic) and/or acrylic blocks, Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables (Lawn Fawn), adhesive backed foam
(your step-by-step guide to CASE-ing this design)
- Score your card base at 4 1/4″. Set aside.
- Diecut the Memories patterned paper with the largest Stitched Rectangle die. It’s easy to add real stitching now! Just use the diecut stitching as a guide to work in some optional gold thread stitches. I just did the lower left corner, but you could go all the way around if you want!
- DIecut the Mega Hello from gold glitter paper. I used a full 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ piece so I can use the reverse for another card. Don’t forget to save the cutout pieces to add back in later..
- DIecut another sentiment from Pink Frosting cardstock.
- Adhere the glitter hello offset from the pink one to make a shadow.
- Adhere the finished diecut element to the patterned paper element. Adhere the panel to the card base.
- Stamp the sentiment on some scrap white CS using Cracked Sapphire Distress Ink.
- Snip the words “My” and “Friend” from the stamped sentiment.
- Adhere the snipped words to the card base. “Friend” was adhered to the base and “My” was popped up with some adhesive backed foam.
- Add a few sequins and mail off your card!
Now it’s your turn to link up!
Now that you’re all inspired, what will you create? The clock is ticking away for #FF0025 and we want to see your design. Link up your project over at Festive Friday and you might just be named a Festive Fave!
Don’t Forget about the GIVEAWAY!
Every month, I give away a sweet surprise to one lucky commenter. So, don’t forget to leave a COMMENT on today’s post to enter!
If you loved today’s project, I’d love to know! The blogosphere can be a lonely place, so please don’t lurk! Leave a quick word or two to tell me you were here!
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
Get everything you need to make this project!
The supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. The links I'm sharing are Affiliate Links, meaning that I will receive a small commission on your sale, at no additional cost to you.
This helps keep the lights on and the inspiration flowing here at Pixel Maven's Retreat!
Here's some other projects you'll like!
What can you do with embossing powder?
I think our craft supplies are only limited by our imagination. All it takes is the willingness to try something that comes to mind in order to discover a really cool technique or effect
It’s time to take CASE-ing to the next level!
I shared last time that CASE-ing a design doesn’t always mean that it needs to be copied exactly. Sometimes you just want to try your hand at recreating something, and sometimes you’re just inspired