Retiring Colors to Welcome Someone New
Tomorrow marks the release of the “retiring list” – when we find out what will not carry over into the new Stampin’ Up! year. Of course we know that the 2015-17 In Colors will be on the short list. These products typically sell out fast, so now’s the time to stock up on all your favorites!
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Remarkable Ink Big Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
Something Old for Someone New
I don’t often need baby cards, but it’s always good to have a few (at least one boy and one girl) hanging around just in case. Of course, the Suite Sayings stamp set has so many different sentiments, this card could easily be for any number of other occasions with the quick change of sentiment.
There’s lots of fun layers, embellishments, and a new-found favorite from an old product – Dazzling Details. I cannot get enough!
I picked up the Cupcakes & Carousels Embellishment Kit a few weeks ago, thinking that the gold foil labels would be an easy way to add a focal point and sentiment to a design. Well – I was right! I’m 99% sure that this embellishment kit will not carry over into the new catalog, as most of these kinds of products don’t usually carry over. So, another one for the short list, huh? Not only are the labels spectacular, but the Calypso Coral Ombre ribbon is just amazing! I hope that’s a preview of something new to come…
Let’s Create, Simply!
If you want to create cards like the ones I share, there is a simple way to do it. All you have to remember is “Let’s Create, Simply!”. Remembering that phrase will help you recall three key points of design: Layout, Color, Style. Don’t overthink it and use these three steps to make great cards every time. Click on the tabs below for today’s tips and Pin-worthy graphics! (Hint: If you’re on a mobile device, you can save images by pressing and holding on the picture and selecting “Share Image”. You should get a whole bunch of options depending on what apps you have installed on your device.) Click on the “+” signs to open the different sections.
Start your project by finding a great layout. Here’s a sketch of today’s design. See how simple it is when you break it down into its parts? Save this sketch to a Pinterest board and use it any time you need design inspiration.
Featured Element: Strips
Center strips take this design from bland to fab. Of course, adding in the see-through acetate element really did help that background shine. Don’t be afraid to go with more layers – you can always pull one out (before adhering them all) if you think it’s too much!
Color doesn’t have to be cosmic! Inspiration is all around, and you can hardly go wrong with any of Stampin’ Up!’s colors. Here’s the primary colors used on today’s creation. You can save this to a Pinterest board to use any time you’re looking for project inspiration.
Featured Coordination: In Colors
Of course, the In Color collections are designed to work with each other. They usually feature a combination of the color groups – Brights, Subtles, Regals & Neutrals. You can’t go wrong picking a few to work together in a single design. I would characterize the 2015-17 In Colors as follows:
- Cucumber Crush – Bright
- Delightful Dijon – Regal
- Mint Macaron – Subtle
- Tip Top Taupe – Neutral
- Watermelon Wonder – Bright
Styling is where it’s easy to go overboard. So, take a deep breath and focus on one key technique to add some flair to your project.
Featured Style: Gold
Touches of gold, or any metallic, will take your design up a notch. But, it’s important to not go too crazy! I think today’s card would have looked great with just a plain Very Vanilla panel in the background, but I chose to take my new favorite embellishment/tool – the Dazzling Details along with a paintbrush to create a gold glittered designer paper. I feel like I’ve rediscovered Dazzling Details all over again!
Wrap-up & Chat
Wow! I hope you’re enjoying this month’s hop. Use my ideas above to help kick-start your creativity for today – and share your results!
Because creatives crave inspiration! By sharing your work, not only will you get better, and craft more often, but you’ll be helping inspire others too. Creativity is a team sport, so get out there and share.
Here’s how you can share with me:
- Leave a COMMENT below!
- Post a project inspired by today’s post on my Facebook page OR
- Post it Pinterest and use the hashtag #PMRInspired2017 OR
- Post it to Instagram and use the hashtag #PMRInspired2017
When I find your creations, I’ll comment and I’ll share them right here!
Here’s how you can share with others:
- Use those big ‘ol SHARE buttons below and post today’s creative inspiration for others to find
- If you’re on a mobile device, you can share images by pressing and holding on the picture and selecting “Share Image”. You should get a whole bunch of options depending on what apps you have installed on your device.
Time to Hop Along!
To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Remarkable Ink Big Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
Don’t Miss Out!
It’s that time of year – the retiring list is due out on Monday, and products will go fast!
Stock up on all your favorites from today’s project!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: 397HQT9G. This month's Product Rewards Club members will receive:
- Orders between $25-$74.99: A 6x6 Paper Sampler - Christmas Around the World
- Orders over $75: The Paper Sampler AND Foil Snowflakes!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND the free gifts from me!
FREEBIES!!! There's no catch - check out my Freebies Page for all sorts of downloadable resources to help take your crafting up a notch!
- Product Shares Get a little of everything, and use it all! Product Shares for the Annual Catalog and Holiday Catalog are ordered twice a month. Time to restock!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra