Welcome Back! It was nice to take a little break, and now that we’re all caught up from Inspire. Create. Share., the PMDC Design Team is energized!
Kris and I are happy to announce that we’ve added another stellar designer to our Design Team – Kerry Willard-Bray from Peonies & Paper Chains!
Kerry’s crazy for home decor and other DIY projects which, as you’ll find out, she likes to use MDS for a lot! She has been one of our most frequent players, and as someone that Kris and I have known for a while, it just made sense to ask her if she wanted to join our team! She’s a Paper and a Pixel Maven too!!!
Soooooo – for all you lurkers out there – please don’t let the DT outnumber you! Jump into the fray and have some fun with our challenges!
Yes, it’s a “digi challenge”, but if you’ve read the rules, you know that you can do hybrid designs (Kerry likes those a lot!), or just play along with all your traditional paper-crafting stuff! To reinforce that flexibility, we’ll always feature a traditional paper design as DT inspiration. Since she’s new, I gave Kerry the honors to pick which she wanted, and she said she’d start off with a traditional design…
This week we’ve got a sketch – it’s fun, and definitely flexible. What will you make with it?
Here’s our inspiration!
- This is primarily a digital design challenge, but we don’t discriminate, so if you’re more comfortable with traditional paper, or a hybrid design, we welcome that too! Design team members use Stampin’ Up! products including My Digital Studio software and Stampin’ Up! digital downloads and other Stampin’ Up! products, but you’re more than welcome to use your choice of design software and papercrafting stamps and elements.
- Use the challenge sketches or color palettes to create your choice of scrapbook pages, cards, tags… then upload them to the list (below).
- Note, that for sketch challenges the sketches will usually be displayed as 4.25×5.5, but you can scale those up to 8.5×11 8×8 or 12×12, etc.
- The only other rule is to have fun and stretch those creative muscles!
- Submissions close at Midnight on the second MONDAY of a challenge period, giving you 11 days to create and submit your entry. This challenge will end at midnight on MONDAY, August 11th.
- Enter as many times as you like. When uploading with the Linky Lists tool, make sure you put your name in the caption/title area (last name not necessary), and provide an email address. Email addresses will not be published, but are sometimes used to notify challenge winners. In order to enter more than once, the URL needs to be unique, so link directly to the individual blog post, or individual picture if you’re using SplitCoast. If you have an open Facebook page (like a business page) you can use that URL, or you can even upload pictures to a PINTEREST board and link to the picture!
- THREE design winners will be selected – all by the Design Team.
- Winners will be notified via blog post the WEDNESDAY after the challenge closes.
- Winners earn the right to display a custom Pixel Maven’s DigiChallenge Badge and their designs will be uploaded to this Pinterest Board!
- Add our players badge to your blog (grab the code over on the right), and don’t forget to tell all your friends to play along!
So, what are you waiting for? Time to Get Your Pixel… and Paper On!