Welcome back everyone, and welcome to the newly remodeled Digi Challenge! To align with my new blog branding, the challenge is now called Pixel Maven’s DigiChallenge. Don’t forget to grab the updated badge from this page and post it with pride on your blog! We’re looking for as many participants as we can get, so spread the word far and wide that this challenge is a ton of fun and is helping you to stretch your creativity in the digital realm!
On to this week’s challenge. This is a new one for us…. It’s an ELEMENT CHALLENGE. What does that mean? Well, basically, we’ll provide a specific element or group of elements to choose from and that needs to be present in your design. I promise you it’s a pretty simple idea, so don’t sweat it! If you’re a bit confused, just keep reading. I’m sure you’ll have an A-ha moment real quick… Here’s the challenge:
Ok! So, I hope you’re starting to get it. No, this isn’t a layout, and we’re not looking for any specific colors…. You just need to feature a punch or two in your design this week! Of course, what you see above is by no means an exhaustive display of available punches, and we haven’t specified how you need to fill them – solid, DSP, or with a picture, we’re not picky! Just be sure to let us know which punches you used by explaining that in your blog post, or in your image description if you’re posting to SplitCoast…
Here’s our Design Team Inspiration:
Kris used Labels & Tags/Lots of Tags, the 1.25 Circle Punch, Happy Hello and Alphabet Soup to create this beautiful yoga-inspired 8.5×11 printable!
And I used Alphabet Soup and Tasteful Trim punches to make this new Facebook Timeline Cover image! (Who says MDS is just for cards and scrapbooks!)
Let’s review the rules!
- This is a digital design challenge… Design team members use primarily Stampin’ Up! products including My Digital Studio software and Stampin’ Up! digital downloads, but you’re more than welcome to use your choice of design software and elements.
- Use the challenge sketches, color palettes, or required elements to create your choice of scrapbook pages, cards, tags… then upload them to the list (below).
- Note, that for sketch challenges the sketches will usually be displayed as 4.25×5.5, but you can scale those up to 8.5×11 8×8 or 12×12, etc.
- The only other rule is that your creation must be 100% digital!
- Submissions close at Midnight on the second Sunday of a challenge period, giving you 11 days to create and submit your entry. This challenge will end at midnight on Sunday, April 7th.
- Enter as many times as you like. When uploading with the Linky Lists tool, make sure you put your name in the caption/title area (last name not necessary), and provide an email address. Email addresses will not be published, but are used to notify challenge winners. In order to enter more than once, the URL needs to be unique, so link directly to the individual blog post, or individual picture if you’re using SplitCoast.
- TWO design winners will be selected – both by the Design Team.
- Winners will be notified via blog post the Wednesday after the challenge closes.
- Winners earn the right to display a custom IBN DigiChallenge Badge!
- Add our players badge to your blog, and don’t forget to tell all your friends to play along!
So, what are you waiting for? Time to Get Your Pixel On!