This Paper Party Just Got Sticky!
This Paper Party Just Got Sticky!
Do you get in a sticky situation trying to adhere detailed diecuts to your designs? Not after today’s Paper Party! These Sizzix Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets are the total answer! You’ll have them in your shopping cart before this post is over – guaranteed!
It’s another Thursday and we’re back with another Tic Tac Toe Challenge. (Boy, do these new challenges just make the weeks fly by!). I had some of my Maker Mavens community, and other Pretty Pals over for an event on Saturday, and I taught the technique I shared last week – using gesso for watercoloring on any paper. It was a hit, and I ended up with a few extra samples for my leftovers box. There was one in particular that I knew I wanted to use for this week’s challenge. Let’s take a look at the board:
Like a few of the other designers, I headed to the left column – Love, Gold & Die-cut. But, I added in a few other elements that I thought would work together nicely – Pink, Sentiment and Bling.
Gotta have it – am I right? Here’s some more tips on today’s design:
- DO NOT – I repeat, DO NOT try to put just an intricate diecut (already cut out) on the sheet and rub the back and hope for the adhesive to stick. I had a MESS when I tried this. The adhesive didn’t cut off around the diecut, so the center pulled out and then got on the front too! On the cardstock pieces I was able to use my adhesive remover to get it off, but the foil pieces were ruined. This might work ok with larger shapes – but try it at your own risk! 😉
- Sunshine Sayings and the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits were meant for each other! (Literally!) Even though they’re not bundled anymore, if you get one, you’ll want the other to make lots of versatile sentiments. I find that I’m using the cutout words technique a lot with this one. The words are large enough to cut each out separately and place in a haphazard way on the card. It’s so cute and carefree!
- Love the watercoloring? I did a video on it last week – so, be sure to check that out! You’ll be seeing a lot more of this design element from me because I am in love with the saturated colors! Word of warning – you’ll want all of the ink refills once you start watercoloring this way… Don’t say I didn’t warn you…
Wrap-up & Chat
If you’re in love with this project please share!
Because creatives crave inspiration! By sharing each other’s work, not only will we get better, and craft more often, but we help inspire others too. Creativity is a team sport, so get out there and share.
Here’s how you can share with me:
- Leave a COMMENT below!
- Post a project inspired by today’s post on my Facebook page OR
- Post it on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook or Google+ and use the hashtag #PMRcraftmaven
When I find your creations, I’ll comment and I’ll share them right here, AND, you'll receive a surprise in the mail from me!
Here’s how you can share with others:
- Use those big ‘ol SHARE buttons below and post today’s creative inspiration for others to find
- If you’re on a mobile device, you can share images by pressing and holding on the picture and selecting “Share Image”. You should get a whole bunch of options depending on what apps you have installed on your device.
Love it & gotta make it?
If you LOVED today’s project, and you want to make this card yourself, the supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, order a minimum of $25 (can be multiple orders) start receiving extra benefits from me! The more you order, the more you’ll get! You MUST use the Host Code to get your extras!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: 2BHXRXH2. This month's Product Rewards Club members will receive:
- Orders between $25-$74.99: A 6x6 Paper Sampler - Quilted Christmas
- Orders over $75: The Paper Sampler AND Jute Twine!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND the free gifts from me!
FREEBIES!!! There's no catch - check out my Freebies Page for all sorts of downloadable resources to help take your crafting up a notch!
- Product Shares Get a little of everything, and use it all! Product Shares for the Annual Catalog and Holiday Catalog are ordered twice a month. Time to restock!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra