This Paper Party Just Got Sticky!
This Paper Party Just Got Sticky!
Do you get in a sticky situation trying to adhere detailed diecuts to your designs? Not after today’s Paper Party! These Sizzix Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets are the total answer! You’ll have them in your shopping cart before this post is over – guaranteed!
It’s another Thursday and we’re back with another Tic Tac Toe Challenge. (Boy, do these new challenges just make the weeks fly by!). I had some of my Maker Mavens community, and other Pretty Pals over for an event on Saturday, and I taught the technique I shared last week – using gesso for watercoloring on any paper. It was a hit, and I ended up with a few extra samples for my leftovers box. There was one in particular that I knew I wanted to use for this week’s challenge. Let’s take a look at the board:
Like a few of the other designers, I headed to the left column – Love, Gold & Die-cut. But, I added in a few other elements that I thought would work together nicely – Pink, Sentiment and Bling.
Gotta have it – am I right? Here’s some more tips on today’s design:
- DO NOT – I repeat, DO NOT try to put just an intricate diecut (already cut out) on the sheet and rub the back and hope for the adhesive to stick. I had a MESS when I tried this. The adhesive didn’t cut off around the diecut, so the center pulled out and then got on the front too! On the cardstock pieces I was able to use my adhesive remover to get it off, but the foil pieces were ruined. This might work ok with larger shapes – but try it at your own risk! 😉
- Sunshine Sayings and the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits were meant for each other! (Literally!) Even though they’re not bundled anymore, if you get one, you’ll want the other to make lots of versatile sentiments. I find that I’m using the cutout words technique a lot with this one. The words are large enough to cut each out separately and place in a haphazard way on the card. It’s so cute and carefree!
- Love the watercoloring? I did a video on it last week – so, be sure to check that out! You’ll be seeing a lot more of this design element from me because I am in love with the saturated colors! Word of warning – you’ll want all of the ink refills once you start watercoloring this way… Don’t say I didn’t warn you…
Time to earn some Pixel Points
Pixel Points are my way of rewarding this community for sharing, commenting, visiting and purchasing. And, it's not hard to do! Just Login/Register and you'll start to collect points!
Here’s how you can earn Pixel Points:
- Visit the site (Subscribe to get emails about new posts)
- Leave a COMMENT below!
- Place an order on Stampin' Up!, using this month's Host Code (or placing an order over $150).
Here’s how you can share with others:
Love it & gotta make it?
If you LOVED today’s project, and you want to make this card yourself, the supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, order a minimum of $25 (can be multiple orders) start receiving extra benefits from me! The more you order, the more you’ll get! You MUST use the Host Code to get your extras!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: UUHBKRUT.
- Product Reward Club members receive 2 Pixel Points for every dollar they spend (before shipping and tax). Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials availalable HERE.
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND the free gifts from me!
- STAMPIN' BLENDS! Stampin' Up!'s new alcohol-based markers are now available! Start your collection today and join me at Club Blend
- PAPER PUMPKIN - Outside the Box! My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products! Join today!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra