Forgotten Treasures for the Pals Sparkle and Shine Hop
Forgotten Treasures that Shine
Do you remember back to August when the Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog was all shiny and new? It seems like years have passed since then, and now that we’re into the throes of super cold weather, fall is a distant memory – and so are all those great stamps and dies that we fell in love with… way back when.
Well! It’s time to dust them off because one of our early favorites – the Paisleys and Posies stamp set and coordinating dies will be carrying over into January, and may even make it into next year’s annual catalog!
Paisleys and Posies is a super versatile bundle. Use the sentiments from the set, or pair the images with a sentiment from another stamp set, like I did today with Suite Sayings.
But today’s hop is all about sparkle and shine, so, I would be remiss if I didn’t point out that the Petals & Paisleys Specialty DSP (that comes with those amazing designs with shiny copper foil) is only available until January 3rd – or while supplies last! The Copper Foil Sheets are carrying over into the new year (Yippee!!!).
Let’s Create, Simply!
If you want to create cards like the ones I share, there is a simple way to do it. All you have to remember is “Let’s Create, Simply!”. Remembering that phrase will help you recall three key points of design: Layout, Color, Style. Don’t overthink it and use these three steps to make great cards every time. Click on the tabs below for today’s tips and Pin-worthy graphics! (Hint: If you’re on a mobile device, you can save images by pressing and holding on the picture and selecting “Share Image”. You should get a whole bunch of options depending on what apps you have installed on your device.)
Start your project by finding a great layout. Here’s a sketch of today’s design. See how simple it is when you break it down into its parts? Save this sketch to a Pinterest board and use it any time you need design inspiration.
Featured Element: Medallion
The highlight of this sketch is the oval element – or medallion. Of course, it could be any number of things – a collage, like my design today; or perhaps just a big sentiment cut out in an oval. Perhaps you would rotate the sketch 90-degrees (so section B is on the bottom), and then the oval looks more like a window or a space for a portrait.
Color doesn’t have to be cosmic! Inspiration is all around, and you can hardly go wrong with any of Stampin’ Up!’s colors. Here’s the primary colors used on today’s creation. You can save this to a Pinterest board to use any time you’re looking for project inspiration.
Featured Coordination: Monochromatic
Using shades of the same hue is called monochromatic. The key to monochrome design is to use the colors intentionally. There is a ton of Night of Navy in the DSP strip, so I used Night of Navy ink to stamp on the Island Indigo and Pool Party cardstock pieces. To bring all three shades together, it was important to use multiple pieces of Island Indigo and Pool Party.
Monochrome combos almost always need a neutral to help them pop. In this case, I used both copper and Very Vanilla.
Styling is where it’s easy to go overboard. So, take a deep breath and focus on one key technique to add some flair to your project.
Featured Style: Collage
I stamped and diecut various pieces from the Paisleys & Posies stamp set to collage with the sentiment that was stamped and cut out with a simple 2″ circle punch. I needed something to hold it all together, so I diecut a scalloped oval from the Fabulous Foil Designer Acetate. It was just enough to bring it all together. The sentiment is popped up on Stampin’ Dimensionals to give depth to the design and the collage element.
As you can see, there’s no other embellishments or ribbon on this beauty – it doesn’t need it with the collage and all of stamped and paper patterns.
Wrap-up & Chat
Wow! I hope you’re inspired to pull out some of your neglected, and shiny papercrafting stash. Use my ideas above to help kick-start your creativity for today – and share your results!
Because creatives crave inspiration! By sharing your work, not only will you get better, and craft more often, but you’ll be helping inspire others too. Creativity is a team sport, so get out there and share.
Here’s how you can share with me:
- Leave a COMMENT below!
- Post a project inspired by today’s post on my Facebook page OR
- Post it Pinterest and use the hashtag #PMRInspired2016 OR
- Post it to Instagram and use the hashtag #PMRInspired2016
When I find your creations, I’ll comment and I’ll share them right here!
Here’s how you can share with others:
- Use those big ‘ol SHARE buttons below and post today’s creative inspiration for others to find
- If you’re on a mobile device, you can share images by pressing and holding on the picture and selecting “Share Image”. You should get a whole bunch of options depending on what apps you have installed on your device.
Time to Hop Along!
To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit
- Staci Rivera at Clever Bow Tie Designs
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Karen Zaring Browning at StampWithMeKZB.com
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossomwithBecky
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat <<< That’s me!
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: H7UB3WAU. This month's Product Rewards Club members will receive:
- Orders between $25-$74.99: A 6x6 Paper Sampler - Fresh Florals DSP
- Orders over $75: The Paper Sampler AND 1/8" Fresh Fig Sheer Ribbon! AND a FREE Online Class Coupon
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND the free gifts from me!
FREEBIES!!! There's no catch - check out my Freebies Page for all sorts of downloadable resources to help take your crafting up a notch!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today!
"I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra