On the CASE: Tabs for Everything
Ann is CASE-ing out an amazing creation on page 93 of the Annual Catalog, and this time, I thought I would sleuth out the sample for a new stamp set and punch bundle – Tabs for Everything. It’s on page 43 of the Annual Catalog, and there’s all sorts of cute samples to dive into! The new circle tab punch is a no-brainer accessory to make super cute pull-tab pocket cards, catalog or planner tabs, or even bookmarks. I decided to hone in on the square card done up in Pool Party. It doesn’t use the coordinating Circle Tab Punch, but it does use another coordinating punch you probably already have!
I was really hoping that it would be a 3x3 size, and after cutting out the circles to give it a whirl, I quickly figured out that it was! Yippee!! I really love the 3x3 size – it’s commonly called a love note size. The sample is also a play on an “inchie” card. Inchie cards are usually made up of 1″ x 1″ squares – sometimes with stamping (like a sampler), sometimes with just different DSP. In this case, we have stamped images like a sampler, but they’re circles, and 3/4″ instead of 1″.
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Tabs for Everything
Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock (3″ x 6″), Whisper White Cardstock (3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″), Pool Party (3″ x 3″)
Inks: Pool Party, Crushed Curry, Flirty Flamingo, Tranquil Tide
Other: 3/4″ Circle Punch, Metallic Enamel Shapes, Iridescent Sequin Assortment, sewing machine (optional)
A note on card size
The 3x3 size can truly be just 3x3 instead of a 3x6 folded base. Doing just a 3x3 “postcard” is a cute option if you want to turn it into a tag – just add a hole in the corner and some twine to attach. Or, if you want a quick card to put in a lunch or pocket, just write on the back and call it good!
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
This cutie will come together quickly – just take it color by color and you’ll be done in no time!
- If you’re using a 3″ x 6″ card base, score at 3″ and burnish the fold with your bone folder. Set aside.
- Take the 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ whisper white, and start creating your “inchies”. If you’re following the CASE, I found it easiest to start with one color and stamp all of the images that use that color, then move on to the next. Here’s some pics:
***Nit-picky details: Note that in step 3, I stamped the small heart, and the stars stamps using stamped-off Pool Party. If you look at the catalog, you’ll see them there, oh, so faintly! Also note the darker hearts are both Tranquil Tide – one stamped off. Same for the stars – they’re stamped-off Tranquil Tide.
- Now that you’re done stamping, punch out each circle using the 3/4″ Circle Punch. There’s only one that’s a little bit different – the 3-heart circle. Here’s some pictures to help you see how to get the shorter “dip” of Flirty Flamingo on the bottom:
Time to assemble!
- Adhere the circles to the Pool Party layer. Be sure to space the images evenly. I just eyeballed this step, but you could get scientific with a ruler and pencil if you want…
- OPTIONAL: Add stitching with a sewing machine and white thread across three of the circles as shown.
- Adhere the Pool Party layer to the card base.
- Add the smallest Metallic Enamel Shapes, and a sequin. I find that the Precision Glue Pen is the best tool for applying sequins. Just a little glue goes a long way!
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 1 out of 5 – For such a cute card, this one came together in just a few minutes. Of course, you could step it up with some colored 1″ circles behind the stamped images, but why? This would be great for a group stamping event like a workshop or class. It teaches some core stamping techniques – stamping off, stamping over other stamped images and punching.
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’re “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest) and if we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks!
Check out the CASE Closed file for other inspiring CASE projects!
Ready to CASE this one too?
If you LOVED today’s project, and you want to make this card yourself, the supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, order a minimum of $25 (can be multiple orders) start receiving extra benefits from me! The more you order, the more you’ll get! You MUST use the Host Code to get your extras!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: 37DDAN93. This month's Product Rewards Club members will receive:
- Orders between $25-$74.99: A 6x6 Paper Sampler - Fresh Florals DSP
- Orders over $75: The Paper Sampler AND 1/8" Fresh Fig Sheer Ribbon!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND the free gifts from me!
- BONUS DAYS - Redeem your coupons this month! Click for more details
FREEBIES!!! There's no catch - check out my Freebies Page for all sorts of downloadable resources to help take your crafting up a notch!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra