On the CASE: Sheltering Tree
On the CASE: Sheltering Tree
I’m putting out an A.P.B. on all neglected stamp sets!
Starting with my CASE file for today, I’m working through stamp sets that are collecting dust on my shelf! Overlooked for shiny, new sets from shiny, new catalogs, these stamp sets are still “current” in the Stampin’ Up! inventory for a reason! They’re still en vogue and really can mix and match with new colors, papers and embellishments for fresh new looks!
So, out comes Sheltering Tree! A fan favorite from a few years back, this whimsical set is a bit more lighthearted than Lovely As A Tree, and has some fantastic sentiments for hug-worthy occasions. Not to mention – it hits all the seasons with all sorts of versatile images. Let’s see how it’s showcased in the current catalog:
Registered for Pixel Points? Don't forget to Login/Register, then leave a comment at the end of the post to earn even more!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Sheltering Tree
Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock (8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″), Crumb Cake Cardstock ( 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″), Whisper White Cardstock (4″ x 5 1/4″), Granny Apple Green Cardstock (3″ x 3″), Daffodil Delight Cardstock (3″ x 3″), Call Me Clover Cardstock (3″ x 3″), scraps of Whisper White cardstock
Inks: Soft Suede, Granny Apple Green
Other: Big Shot, Layering Circles Thinlits, Pinewood Plank DTIEF
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
- Score your card base at 4 1/4″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder.
- Stamp the tree image three times. For best results in centering the images, start with the center tree and then add the right and left trees. Don’t align the trunks!
- Emboss the finished tree panel with the Pinewood Plank DTIEF.
- Adhere the completed panel to the Crumb Cake panel. Adhere that to the card base!
- Stamp the tree image on the three squares of cardstock – Call Me Clover, Granny Apple Green & Daffodil Delight.
- Use the Layering Circle Thinlits to cut out spotlights of each tree. Use any size you like!
- Adhere the finished spotlights right over the matching location on the card base. Pop up the Daffodil Delight circle using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Mask off all but the “thanks” from the sentiment and stamp on Whisper White in Soft Suede.
- Stamp the bike body in Granny Apple Green, then stamp the bike pieces in Soft Suede.
- Fussy cut the bike!
- Adhere the sentiment and bike using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5 – Can I give it a 1.5?! This is a fun little card that is super easy to make. The spotlight technique always gets lots of “wow”s with little effort. If you wanted to make it even simpler, skip the embossing and leave the white layer flat. Though, in person, that texture is what really brings it all together!
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’re “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest) and if we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: BX3ZCRVB
- In August - All orders receive 2 Pixel Points for every dollar spent with me on stampinup.com (before shipping and tax).
- In August - Go for 4x Pixel Points by adding the current Host Code to your order!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND earn DOUBLE Pixel Points!
- Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials available HERE.
- Learn more about the Pixel Points Program
- BONUS DAYS! For every $50 spent in August, receive a $5 voucher to redeem in September!
- If you have a product wishlist over $99 the Best Deal Ever is for you!
- PAPER PUMPKIN - My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products! Join today and get your first month 1/2 off!! Use code BLOOM0818 at checkout.
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
- Need a 2018-19 Annual Catalog and Holiday Catalog? Request your FREE copies here!
Get everything you need to make this design!
The supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, every dollar you spend (before tax and shipping) is rewarded with Pixel Points that you can redeem for products and tutorials! The more you order, the more points you earn!
Get 2x Pixel Points when you add the Host Code to your order, or when you go over $150!
Here's some other projects you'll like!
Are you ready to get wild? For my latest “On the CASE” CASE file I thought I’d go for an outing – an Animal Outing! This fun little design was cracked in no time – perfect for crafters on the go.
July is here and we’re deep into wedding season! I thought that I’d put together a CASE file that would help you create a stunning wedding card.
Say Hello to the Graceful Glass Suite! When I saw this suite at OnStage a few months ago, I knew it would be on my short list.