On the CASE: Santa’s Sleigh
On the CASE: Santa’s Sleigh
I headed to a carryover from last year’s Holiday catalog – Santa’s Sleigh, because I was so glad to see this set for another year. There’s so many fun ways to use it, and isn’t that little teddy bear just so cute? He doesn’t make an appearance in this week’s CASE, but he’ll be in some other projects I have planned for the next few weeks. Ann is investigating a vintage design with some modern twists. Be sure to check it out after you read through my CASE file!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Santa’s Sleigh
Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock (8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″), Cherry Cobbler Cardstock (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″), Be Merry DSP (1 3/4″ x 5 1/2″), Window Sheet (3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″), scraps of Cherry Cobbler, Smoky Slate & Whisper White
Inks: Cherry Cobbler, Basic Gray
Accessories: Metallics Sequin Assortment, 3/8″ Metallic Edge Ribbon, Rhinestone Basics Jewels
Other: Big Shot, Santa’s Sleigh Thinlits, Circle Collection Framelits
Adhesives: Foam Strips, Tear & Tape
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
I created this week’s CASE in two parts. The background, then the sentiment and deer.
- Score your card base at 4 1/4″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder.
- Stamp three trees on the card base. I used Basic Gray, stamped off once to get a lighter color.
- Adhere the DSP strip to the bottom of the Cherry Cobbler panel. Diecut a circle using the largest circle from the Layered Circle Framelits.
- Stamp stars randomly on the Cherry Cobbler portion of the panel, using Cherry Cobbler ink.
- On the reverse side, adhere the Window Sheet over the hole. Border the window with Foam Adhesive Strips. Use extra strips, or Stampin’ Dimensionals elsewhere on the back.
- Adhere Tear & Tape across the front of the panel where the DSP meets the Cherry Cobbler.
- Adhere one piece of ribbon on each side of the window opening. Once adhered, use the two ends to tie a bow!
- Add a generous pile of Metallics Sequin Assortment to the card base – in the center where the window will end up.
- Remove all the backing from the prepared window panel and carefully line it up to the card base and adhere. The shaker part is done!
- Stamp the following images:
– Deer in Basic Gray on Smoky Slate cardstock
– Sentiment in Basic Gray on Whisper White cardstock
– Bow in Cherry Cobbler on Cherry Cobbler cardstock
- DIecut the bow and deer. Cut the sentiment down to 1/4″ tall. Freehand cut the flag ends with paper snips.
- Affix bow to deer, add a rhinestone! Affix the final deer and sentiment to card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5 – This card is a cutie-patootie! And, though it looks totally impressive, it can be completed relatively quickly. Break it down into steps and get it done in assembly-line fashion. What will take the longest is the bow – so, skip it and make a knot instead. Or, do a strip of ribbon all the way across, and add a separate bow with a glue dot. Either way would make that part easier!
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’re “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest) and if we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks!
Have you sleuthed through the catalog lately? Perhaps to recreate a project you just love? I felt like a real detective for this week’s On the CASE – I’ll tell you why… I stared, and stared, and compared cardstock for my CASE file this week. I was truly perplexed!! It was clear to me that the base card color was not the same as the cardstock used for the sentiment. What shade of brown could that be?
Looking for quick inspiration to get your creativity started? Welcome to a new series – Quickspiration!
I’m excited to start this new blog series – Quickspiration – because I craft a lot more than I share on my blog. I know that you’d love to see what I’m working on, but I don’t always have time to go in-depth with tips and tricks, videos, etc…. So, these posts will be short on words, but have more images so you can see exactly what went down.
We’re in full-on holiday mode! Can you believe that Thanksgiving is next week? Ann and I have two more CASEes for you today, just in time for your last minute holiday card needs. Ann and I spent the weekend together at the Stampin’ Up! OnStage Live event in Salt Lake City. So, we thought we’d spend a few minutes coordinating our CASE files. It was so fun to have my CASE partner live and in-person to decide which CASEs we’d take on for this week!
Does today’s CASE have you shaking with excitement?
If you LOVED today’s project, and you want to make this card yourself, the supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, order a minimum of $25 (can be multiple orders) start receiving extra benefits from me! The more you order, the more you’ll get! You MUST use the Host Code to get your extras!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: RCWTPZYD. This month's Product Rewards Club members will receive:
- Orders between $25-$74.99: A 6x6 Paper Sampler - Tutti-fruitti (New in the Occasions Catalog!)
- Orders over $75: The Paper Sampler AND the Tutti-fruitti self-adhesive sequins (New in the Occasions Catalog!)
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND the free gifts from me!
- The Year-end Sales Event is on through January 2nd. Get retiring holiday items while supplies last!
- STAMPIN' BLENDS! Stampin' Up!'s new alcohol-based markers are now available! Start your collection today and join me at Club Blend
- PAPER PUMPKIN - Outside the Box! My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and exclusive access to a private Facebook group where we share projects and I do giveaways! Join today!
- Product Shares Get a little of everything, and use it all! Product Shares for the Annual Catalog and Occasions Catalog are ordered twice a month. Time to restock!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra