On the CASE: Santa’s Sleigh
On the CASE: Santa’s Sleigh
I headed to a carryover from last year’s Holiday catalog – Santa’s Sleigh, because I was so glad to see this set for another year. There’s so many fun ways to use it, and isn’t that little teddy bear just so cute? He doesn’t make an appearance in this week’s CASE, but he’ll be in some other projects I have planned for the next few weeks. Ann is investigating a vintage design with some modern twists. Be sure to check it out after you read through my CASE file!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Santa’s Sleigh
Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock (8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″), Cherry Cobbler Cardstock (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″), Be Merry DSP (1 3/4″ x 5 1/2″), Window Sheet (3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″), scraps of Cherry Cobbler, Smoky Slate & Whisper White
Inks: Cherry Cobbler, Basic Gray
Accessories: Metallics Sequin Assortment, 3/8″ Metallic Edge Ribbon, Rhinestone Basics Jewels
Other: Big Shot, Santa’s Sleigh Thinlits, Circle Collection Framelits
Adhesives: Foam Strips, Tear & Tape
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
I created this week’s CASE in two parts. The background, then the sentiment and deer.
- Score your card base at 4 1/4″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder.
- Stamp three trees on the card base. I used Basic Gray, stamped off once to get a lighter color.
- Adhere the DSP strip to the bottom of the Cherry Cobbler panel. Diecut a circle using the largest circle from the Layered Circle Framelits.
- Stamp stars randomly on the Cherry Cobbler portion of the panel, using Cherry Cobbler ink.
- On the reverse side, adhere the Window Sheet over the hole. Border the window with Foam Adhesive Strips. Use extra strips, or Stampin’ Dimensionals elsewhere on the back.
- Adhere Tear & Tape across the front of the panel where the DSP meets the Cherry Cobbler.
- Adhere one piece of ribbon on each side of the window opening. Once adhered, use the two ends to tie a bow!
- Add a generous pile of Metallics Sequin Assortment to the card base – in the center where the window will end up.
- Remove all the backing from the prepared window panel and carefully line it up to the card base and adhere. The shaker part is done!
- Stamp the following images:
– Deer in Basic Gray on Smoky Slate cardstock
– Sentiment in Basic Gray on Whisper White cardstock
– Bow in Cherry Cobbler on Cherry Cobbler cardstock
- DIecut the bow and deer. Cut the sentiment down to 1/4″ tall. Freehand cut the flag ends with paper snips.
- Affix bow to deer, add a rhinestone! Affix the final deer and sentiment to card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5 – This card is a cutie-patootie! And, though it looks totally impressive, it can be completed relatively quickly. Break it down into steps and get it done in assembly-line fashion. What will take the longest is the bow – so, skip it and make a knot instead. Or, do a strip of ribbon all the way across, and add a separate bow with a glue dot. Either way would make that part easier!
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’re “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest) and if we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks!
Two Days – Two Ways: Get the most out of your stamp sets! Today and tomorrow, I’m focusing on a set that’s been collecting dust on my shelf – Heartfelt Sympathy.
Take a break today and crack this CASE along with us! Ann and I are back with two new CASE files! I finally did up a tracking list because I couldn’t remember all the great projects we completed. Can you believe we closed 60 CASEs between the two of us? Wow! That’s a lot of step-by-step inspiration!
Let’s get FESTIVE! Did you know that March 16th is National Panda Day?
We warned you that we’d be featuring some not-so-traditional festivities over at Festive Friday. Here’s the first one!
Does today’s CASE have you shaking with excitement?
If you LOVED today’s project, and you want to make this card yourself, the supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, order a minimum of $25 (can be multiple orders) start receiving extra benefits from me! The more you order, the more you’ll get! You MUST use the Host Code to get your extras!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: ZGCXD7PU
- Product Reward Club members receive 2 Pixel Points for every dollar they spend (before shipping and tax). Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials availalable HERE.
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND earn Pixel Points!
- STAMPIN' BLENDS! Stampin' Up!'s new alcohol-based markers are now available! Start your collection today and join me at Club Blend
- PAPER PUMPKIN - Outside the Box! My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products! Join today!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra