On the CASE: Rose Wonder
On the CASE: Rose Wonder
Do you ever feel like you’re the last on the bandwagon for a new crafting technique?
That’s me on this week’s CASE. I’ve been eyeballing this particular design for a while now. I kept putting it off because I thought it would take longer than I had to explore and learn how to CASE the project.
Well – I was wrong! And, now, I wish I had done this CASE file a long time ago!
If you are in the market for an absolutely stunning card – perhaps changing up the sentiment for a last-minute Mother’s Day design – today’s CASE is for you!
You will be amazed at how quickly the design comes together, and how fun it is to make!
Don’t forget to leave a comment at the end of the post to qualify for my monthly giveaway!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Rose Wonder
Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock (8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″), Vellum (4 1/4″ x 5″), Whisper White Cardstock (1″ x 3 1/2″)
Inks: Chocolate Chip Classic Ink, Versamark, Stampin’ Write markers: Powder Pink, Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive
Accessories: Linen Thread, Pearls Basic Jewels
Other: Embossing Buddy, White Stampin’ Emboss powder, Heat Tool, Stamparatus, Fine Tip Glue, Stampin’ Dimensionals
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
- Score your card base at 4 1/4″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder.
- Line up the piece of vellum in the Stamparatus. Use the Embossing buddy on the vellum, then stamp the rose image in Versamark.
- Line up the sentiment on the 1″ strip of Whisper White. Stamp image, then flag the left side as desired.
- On the BACK side of the embossed rose, color in the rose starting with Powder Pink.
- Add shading with Blushing Bride and Calypso Coral.
- Color in the leaves with Pear Pizzazz.
- Finish coloring by adding leaf shading with Old Olive.
- Adhere the vellum piece to the card base with the precision glue pen. It can be added to areas where there is embossing powder, or small dots can be put in the corners. It does not show through the vellum very much at all.
- Add sentiment to card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add linen thread to the top of the design.
- Add the three small pearls around the sentiment.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5 – I was pleasantly surprised at how easy this project was! I did have to take a few minutes to re-ink my markers. Seems they haven’t been used in a while… Good thing the reinkers will get them up and running again, quickly! Honestly, the hardest part was figuring out how to adhere the vellum to the card base. Precision glue really did the trick!
The Embossing Buddy is a MUST for this project as vellum is typically static-ey. Also, be sure to use the low setting on your Heat Tool so the vellum doesn’t burn!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks! Until then…
It’s a new year, with new adventures!
Happy 2019! Ann and I are back with another On the CASE. Last year, Ann and I worked our way through Stampin’ Up!® catalogs, breaking down samples step-by-step, providing you with free tutorials so you could CASE your own. This year, Ann is still working on unsolved Stampin’ Up! CASEs, but I’ve been “reassigned” to a new unit!
It’s time to celebrate!
This is the last CASE file for Ann and I this year! Wow! How time flies 😀 I thought I’d revisit a past suite and share another quick and simple design.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra