On the CASE: Rose Wonder
On the CASE: Rose Wonder
Do you ever feel like you’re the last on the bandwagon for a new crafting technique?
That’s me on this week’s CASE. I’ve been eyeballing this particular design for a while now. I kept putting it off because I thought it would take longer than I had to explore and learn how to CASE the project.
Well – I was wrong! And, now, I wish I had done this CASE file a long time ago!
If you are in the market for an absolutely stunning card – perhaps changing up the sentiment for a last-minute Mother’s Day design – today’s CASE is for you!
You will be amazed at how quickly the design comes together, and how fun it is to make!
Registered for Pixel Points? Don't forget to Login/Register, then leave a comment at the end of the post to earn even more!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Rose Wonder
Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock (8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″), Vellum (4 1/4″ x 5″), Whisper White Cardstock (1″ x 3 1/2″)
Inks: Chocolate Chip Classic Ink, Versamark, Stampin’ Write markers: Powder Pink, Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive
Accessories: Linen Thread, Pearls Basic Jewels
Other: Embossing Buddy, White Stampin’ Emboss powder, Heat Tool, Stamparatus, Fine Tip Glue, Stampin’ Dimensionals
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
- Score your card base at 4 1/4″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder.
- Line up the piece of vellum in the Stamparatus. Use the Embossing buddy on the vellum, then stamp the rose image in Versamark.
- Line up the sentiment on the 1″ strip of Whisper White. Stamp image, then flag the left side as desired.
- On the BACK side of the embossed rose, color in the rose starting with Powder Pink.
- Add shading with Blushing Bride and Calypso Coral.
- Color in the leaves with Pear Pizzazz.
- Finish coloring by adding leaf shading with Old Olive.
- Adhere the vellum piece to the card base with the precision glue pen. It can be added to areas where there is embossing powder, or small dots can be put in the corners. It does not show through the vellum very much at all.
- Add sentiment to card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add linen thread to the top of the design.
- Add the three small pearls around the sentiment.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5 – I was pleasantly surprised at how easy this project was! I did have to take a few minutes to re-ink my markers. Seems they haven’t been used in a while… Good thing the reinkers will get them up and running again, quickly! Honestly, the hardest part was figuring out how to adhere the vellum to the card base. Precision glue really did the trick!
The Embossing Buddy is a MUST for this project as vellum is typically static-ey. Also, be sure to use the low setting on your Heat Tool so the vellum doesn’t burn!
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’re “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest) and if we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks!
Are you ready to get wild? For my latest “On the CASE” CASE file I thought I’d go for an outing – an Animal Outing! This fun little design was cracked in no time – perfect for crafters on the go.
July is here and we’re deep into wedding season! I thought that I’d put together a CASE file that would help you create a stunning wedding card.
Get everything you need to make this design!
The supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, every dollar you spend (before tax and shipping) is rewarded with Pixel Points that you can redeem for products and tutorials! The more you order, the more points you earn!
Get 2x Pixel Points when you add the Host Code to your order, or when you go over $150!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: BX3ZCRVB
- In August - All orders receive 2 Pixel Points for every dollar spent with me on stampinup.com (before shipping and tax).
- In August - Go for 4x Pixel Points by adding the current Host Code to your order!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND earn DOUBLE Pixel Points!
- Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials available HERE.
- Learn more about the Pixel Points Program
- BONUS DAYS! For every $50 spent in August, receive a $5 voucher to redeem in September!
- If you have a product wishlist over $99 the Best Deal Ever is for you!
- PAPER PUMPKIN - My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products! Join today and get your first month 1/2 off!! Use code BLOOM0818 at checkout.
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
- Need a 2018-19 Annual Catalog and Holiday Catalog? Request your FREE copies here!