On the CASE: Ribbon of Courage
On the CASE: Ribbon of Courage
My partner in design details, Ann Schach, and I are on our bi-monthly quest to work through current Stampin’ Up! catalogs to break down gorgeous samples, step-by-step – for you!
October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, so I thought it was the perfect time to tackle the sample on page 97 of the 2017-18 Annual Catalog. It features the Ribbon of Courage bundle, designed by Million Dollar Achiever – Patty Bennett!
I love that we have this stamp set and coordinating framelits in the catalog – it’s about time! I hope that it sticks around for a while as it’s just the right set for any support ribbon cause. There are two different ribbon stamps – one patterned, one not. And, there’s the ribbon die, and even a miniature ribbon die. It will be easy to come up with dozens of different designs, perfect for any occasion to support someone you know!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Ribbon of Courage
Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock (8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″), Blushing Bride Cardstock ( 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″), Fancy Foil Designer Acetate (3 3/4″ x 5″), Whisper White Cardstock (2″ x 3 1/2″), Pink Pirouette Cardstock (2″ x 3 1/2″)
Inks: Versamark, Pink Pirouette Stampin’ Write Marker, Calypso Coral Stampin’ Write Marker
Accessories: Silver Mini Sequins Trim
Other: Heat Tool, Silver Embossing Powder, White Embossing Powder, Big Shot, Support Ribbon Framelits, Magnetic Platform (optional), Tear & Tape, Stampin’ Dimensionals
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
- Score your card base at 4 1/4″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder.
- Adhere the Blushing Bride cardstock onto the card base.
- Apply a few strips of Tear & Tape to the center of the Fabulous Foil Designer Acetate. Affix to the card base. Any Tear & Tape you might see will get covered by the sentiment layer later on.
Embossing & Coloring
- Wipe the Pink Pirouette piece with the Stampin’ Buddy. Stamp the ribbon image using Versamark.
- Apply Whisper White embossing Powder to the stamped ribbon image. Heat until melted.
- Color in parts of the pattern with Calypso Coral and Pink Pirouette Stampin’ Write Markers.
- Diecut the ribbon. Using the Magnetic Platform will help ensure the die cuts exactly where you want.
SENTIMENT & ASSEMBLE
- Wipe the Whisper White piece with the Stampin’ Buddy. Stamp the sentiment towards the right edge using Versamark.
- Apply Silver embossing Powder to the stamped sentiment. Heat until melted.
- Add the Mini Sequins Trim to the back with glue dots, as shown.
- Affix the sentiment to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Affix the ribbon to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 1.5 out of 5 – I wanted to call this one a 1 out of 5, but I just couldn’t because of the embossing, and I guess the coloring takes some time. But, really, take out the coloring, and this is a quick class card. Change the embossing to stamping, and it’s even easier! For once, I picked a deceivingly easy card!
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’re “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest) and if we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks!
It’s time again for another Tic Tac Toe Challenge! It never ceases to amaze me how diverse the Design Team projects end up, and how diverse the entries are. If you’re looking for a great source of inspiration, this challenge is it for sure! This time, I’m continuing to explore the Merry Little Christmas Memories & More card pack, and I have a 2 Minutes to Finish video too!
Yippee!! We’re back! Ann and I are On the CASE with two new projects from Stampin’ Up! catalogs. We’re feelin’ kinda festive, so join us as we dive into the mystery. I’ve had the Merry Little Christmas Memories & More cards for a few weeks now, and they’ve just been calling my name! There’s a reason we call them Memories & More. You can do more than pocket scrapbook with these beauties! It’s my goal to work through the entire pack and make oodles of holiday cards for this year!
I am soooo under the weather right now! I very rarely get sick, but it hit me over the weekend and I think I’m at the peak right now. Ugh! But, I did put together my project for this week’s Tic Tac Toe challenge. This week we’re featuring a board that I put together, so, I knew I had to “bring it”. 😉
Ready to CASE for a cause?
If you LOVED today’s project, and you want to make this card yourself, the supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, order a minimum of $25 (can be multiple orders) start receiving extra benefits from me! The more you order, the more you’ll get! You MUST use the Host Code to get your extras!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: H3BU9RHT. This month's Product Rewards Club members will receive:
- Orders between $25-$74.99: A 6x6 Paper Sampler - Christmas Around the World
- Orders over $75: The Paper Sampler AND Foil Snowflakes!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND the free gifts from me!
- STAMPIN' BLENDS! Stampin' Up!'s new alcohol-based markers are now available! Start your collection today and join me at Club Blend
- PAPER PUMPKIN - Outside the Box! My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and exclusive access to a private Facebook group where we share projects and I do giveaways! Join today!
- Product Shares Get a little of everything, and use it all! Product Shares for the Annual Catalog and Holiday Catalog are ordered twice a month. Time to restock!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra