On the CASE: Perennial Birthday
On the CASE: Perennial Birthday
I found a chameleon in today’s CASE!
Today’s CASE file caught my eye almost instantly. I was so glad that the Perennial Birthday stamp set carried over as I’d only used it with the kit (retired) that accompanied it last year. As I started working the project, I realized that you could pair this with the Color Coordinator and come up with just about any color combination to change it up how you like! Pair it with a different piece of vellum, ink the ribbon to match and, voilá, you have a design customized to its recipient! Let’s take a quick look at my finished project and the SU sample, then dive into the details.
Registered for Pixel Points? Don't forget to Login/Register, then leave a comment at the end of the post to earn even more!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps : Perennial Birthday Clear-Mount Stamp Set 
Ink : Bermuda Bay Classic Stampin’ Pad , Flirty Flamingo Classic Stampin’ Pad  , Mango Melody Classic Stampin’ Pad  , Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad  , Versamark Pad 
Card Stock : 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ Whisper White Thick Cardstock  , 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ Bermuda Bay Card Stock , 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ Graceful Glass Designer Vellum , 3″ x 4 3/4″ & scrap Whisper White Card Stock  , 7/8″ x 3 3/4″ Basic Black Card Stock 
Accessories : White Stampin’ Emboss Powder , Whisper White 1/8″ Sheer Ribbon 
Tools : Sponge Daubers  , Heat Tool  , Embossing Buddy  , Paper Snips Scissors 
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
- Score your card base at 4 1/4″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder.
- Start by adding Flirty Flamingo ink to the sheer Whisper White ribbon. Add ink to create desired depth of color. Set aside to dry. You may want to do this step the night before so the ribbon can dry, or use the Heat Tool to carefully dry the ribbon.
- Adhere the Coastal Cabana and Graceful Glass panels to the card base. When adhering the vellum, only add SNAIL or Tombow Multi to the center – leave approx 1/2″ – 3/4″ from each edge.
- Stamp the birthday sentiment in Versamark on Basic Black CS. Emboss with Whisper White embossing powder. Don’t forget to use your Embossing Buddy to keep stray powder from sticking!
- Stamp the “wishing you” sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black on Whisper White CS. Cut out the words Wishing and You. Discard the rest.
- Stamp the background in stages. I followed the sample image exactly, but you can stamp however you want to create a unique background! This sample uses Bermuda Bay, Mango Melody and Flirty Flamingo inks.
- Add a strip of the dyed ribbon across – about 1/3 of the way up from the bottom.
- Adhere the floral panel to the card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add the Happy Birthday and Wishing You sentiments as shown.
- Add a bow to the left using a Mini Glue Dot to affix.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 3 out of 5 – I thoroughly enjoyed creating this card! Why the Level 3 rating? There’s lots of intermediate crafting going on – embossing, creating your own background, dyeing ribbon and working with vellum. Any one of those steps might leave a novice scratching their head in confusion, or redoing a step a few times to get it just right. This is the perfect step-up project for someone looking to move on from their basic stamping skills! So, don’t be scared – give it a try! For an even more advanced project, use this sample as a guide and come up with your own color combinations for a completely unique look!
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’re “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest) and if we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: N6T7CMQT
- All orders receive 1 Pixel Point for every dollar spent with me on stampinup.com (before shipping and tax).
- Go for 2x Pixel Points by adding the current Host Code to your order!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND earn DOUBLE Pixel Points!
- Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials available HERE.
- Learn more about the Pixel Points Program
- If you have a product wishlist over $99 the Best Deal Ever is for you!
- PAPER PUMPKIN - My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
- Need a 2018-19 Annual Catalog and Holiday Catalog? Request your FREE copies here!
Get everything you need to make this design!
The supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, every dollar you spend (before tax and shipping) is rewarded with Pixel Points that you can redeem for products and tutorials! The more you order, the more points you earn!
Get 2x Pixel Points when you add the Host Code to your order, or when you go over $150!
Here's some other projects you'll like!
It’s time to explore another CASE file! So put on your super sleuth hats!
I thought I’d pull out a huge favorite from last year’s catalog to show you how this year’s new colors really take the set to a new level.
Are you ready to get wild? For my latest “On the CASE” CASE file I thought I’d go for an outing – an Animal Outing! This fun little design was cracked in no time – perfect for crafters on the go.