On the CASE: One Big Meaning
On the CASE: One Big Meaning
About a year ago, Ann and I had this great idea…
We thought it would be fun to take you on a journey through current Stampin’ Up! catalogs where we CASE the projects and give you all the details to recreate them.
It is truly amazing that we’ve been at this for a YEAR already!
I thought that in celebration, it would be fitting to share a thank you card design as a way to say “thanks” for going on this journey with us.
We are both excited to continue to bring you this featured segment on both of our blogs – hopefully for years to come!
Registered for Pixel Points? Don't forget to Login/Register, then leave a comment at the end of the post to earn even more!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: One Big Meaning
Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock (8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″), Naturally Eclectic DSP (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″), Soft Sky Cardstock (3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″), Naturally Eclectic DSP (4″ x 1″), Whisper White Cardstock (1 1/2″ x 4″)
Inks: Emerald Envy
Accessories: Linen Thread
Other: Big Shot, Pinewood Planks Dimensional TIEF
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
- Score your card base at 4 1/4″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder.
- Adhere the large Naturally Eclectic DSP panel to the card base.
- Stamp the sentiment in Emerald Envy on the Whisper White strip. Using your Stamparatus will help ensure a perfect impression!
- Emboss the Soft SKy panel with the Pinewood Planks DTIEF
- Adhere the DSP strip to the embossed Soft Sky cardstock panel.
- Adhere the large wood heart to the Soft Sky panel.
- Add Linen Thread and tie in a bow off to the left.
- Adhere finished panel to the card base, at an angle.
- Adhere sentiment using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere final small woodcut hearts.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 1 out of 5 – Whew! I needed a quick and simple design this week – and this One Big Meaning card delivered! This was a very straightforward design – perfect to use as a demonstration card, or even as a make-and-take. The little bit of embossing, and the use of the woodcut hearts make the card look much more difficult than you’d think!
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’re “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest) and if we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks!
Kick-start Your Creativity
Subscribe for for exclusive specials, updates and free tutorials & sketches
I found a chameleon in today’s CASE! Today’s CASE file caught my eye almost instantly. I was so glad that the Perennial Birthday stamp set carried over as I’d only used it with the kit (retired) that accompanied it last year.
Looking for a versatile set for any season? Look no further! For today’s On the CASE, I dove back into the Annual Catalog to revive a fan favorite from last year – Colorful Seasons!
It’s time to explore another CASE file! So put on your super sleuth hats!
I thought I’d pull out a huge favorite from last year’s catalog to show you how this year’s new colors really take the set to a new level.
Get everything you need to make this design!
The supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, every dollar you spend (before tax and shipping) is rewarded with Pixel Points that you can redeem for products and tutorials! The more you order, the more points you earn!
Get 2x Pixel Points when you add the Host Code to your order, or when you go over $150!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: N6T7CMQT
- All orders receive 1 Pixel Point for every dollar spent with me on stampinup.com (before shipping and tax).
- Go for 2x Pixel Points by adding the current Host Code to your order!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND earn DOUBLE Pixel Points!
- Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials available HERE.
- Learn more about the Pixel Points Program
- If you have a product wishlist over $99 the Best Deal Ever is for you!
- PAPER PUMPKIN - My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
- Need a 2018-19 Annual Catalog and Holiday Catalog? Request your FREE copies here!