On the CASE: Merry Memories & More
On the CASE: Merry Memories & More
I’ve had the Merry Little Christmas Memories & More cards for a few weeks now, and they’ve just been calling my name! There’s a reason we call them Memories & More. You can do more than pocket scrapbook with these beauties! It’s my goal to work through the entire pack and make oodles of holiday cards for this year!
Of course, when you don’t know where to start, Stampin’ Up! catalogs are always a great source of inspiration. That’s why Ann and I started this series. The samples are always amazing, but sometimes difficult to figure out. So, we sleuth our way through the design and share the measurements, materials and techniques with you!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Carols of Christmas (bundle)
Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock (8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″), Kraft Cardstock (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″), Whisper White Cardstock (scrap), Merry Music Specialty DSP (2 1/2″ x 5 1/4″), Merry Little Christmas Memories & More 4x6 & 3x4 cards (as shown), Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper (2 1/2″ x 4″)
Inks: Basic Black Archival Ink, Whisper White Craft Ink
Accessories: Whisper White Baker’s Twine, Year of Cheer Embellishments
Other: Big Shot, Card Front Builder Thinlits dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
- Score your card base at 4 1/4″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder.
- Adhere the Kraft panel to the card base.
**NOTE: The Memories & More cards use Kraft, not Crumb Cake. There is a color difference! There is Kraft cardstock in the 12x12 Merry Little Christmas cardstock pack, but if you don’t have it Crumb Cake is an ok substitute.
- Mask off the circle (it’s approximately 2 1/2″) and stamp the snowflake images in Whisper White craft ink. Allow a little time for drying.
- Trim the Memories & More 4x6 card down to 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″. Be sure to trim evenly from all sides so the circle stays centered. Flag the bottom of the panel.
- Trim a flag end on the Merry Music DSP piece. Affix to the card base.
- Add three turns of Whisper White Baker’s Twine to the top of the memory card panel. Add a bow and the Year of Cheer embellishment (use gold or silver!)
- Affix the memory card to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the deer on Whisper White Cardstock.
- Diecut the two trees from the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper. and Diecut the deer.
- Affix the trees as shown. Add the deer using a Mini Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Trim the sentiment from the Memories & More card. Flag the right end. Affix to card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5 – As usual, there’s a number of steps, but this time, none too difficult. It took me longest to figure out the size of the Memories & More card. But, now that I’ve figured that out for you, it’s simple! This is the perfect card to showcase how the Memories & More line coordinates with other products in the catalog, and that they’re more versatile than just memory keeping!
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’re “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest) and if we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks!
Don’t you just love the eclipse technique? How about the faux-clipse?
The eclipse technique is super fun and not too difficult, but I created a riff on the technique, I’m calling a faux-clipse.
Spring is trying so hard to melt all the snow here in East Nebraska – but, it’s coming! Soon, the grass will be growing and little plants will be pushing up from the ground. Why not add to the anticipation with a lovely, but simple, faceted floral design, courtesy of Concord & 9th!
It’s time to chillax with some coloring!
I took my project over the top today with a combination of Copic and Polychromos pencil coloring. I am not embarassed to say that the elements took me about 90 minutes to color.
Go ahead, CASE it too!
If you LOVED today’s project, and you want to make this card yourself, the supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, order a minimum of $25 (can be multiple orders) start receiving extra benefits from me! The more you order, the more you’ll get! You MUST use the Host Code to get your extras!
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra