On the CASE: Merry Café
On the CASE: Merry Café
Ann and I spent the weekend together at the Stampin’ Up! OnStage Live event in Salt Lake City. So, we thought we’d spend a few minutes coordinating our CASE files. It was so fun to have my CASE partner live and in-person to decide which CASEs we’d take on for this week!
As we were paging through the Holiday Catalog, we discovered a “sleeper” design that became my CASE for this week. I really thought the Merry Café samples were relegated to fall and Halloween – but, if you look on the next page, there’s a holiday design too! Yippee!!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Merry Café
Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock (8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″), Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper (5″ x 3 3/4″), Quilted Christmas DSP (4 3/4″ x 3 1/2″), Whisper White CS (4″ x 4″), small pieces of Basic Black, Real Red & Lemon Lime Twist
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Real Red, Lemon Lime Twist
Accessories: Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Quilted Christmas Ribbon
Other: Big Shot, Coffee Cup Framelits Dies
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
- Score your card base at 4 1/4″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder.
- After cutting the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper to size, use your Stampin’ Trimmer to cut the inside out (no use wasting all that great paper!)
- Adhere the DSP to the Glimmer Paper with Tear & Tape
- Add the ribbon and tie in a bow with long tails. I prefer to use two pieces so I don’t use more ribbon than I need!
- Stamp two coffee cup images in Memento Tuxedo Black. Use the center cup ring framelit to measure and mark the outline with a pencil.
- Stamp the cup embellishments as shown, using the pencil lines as a guide.
- Mark the cup rings on the Real Red and Lemon Lime Twist CS to help stamp the sentiment images.
- I tried stamping the whole sentiment at once, but they ended up too far apart. Instead, stamp the sentiment components separately, starting with the bottom. Use the pencil marks to align the curves.
- Diecut all of the coffee cup pieces.
- Assemble the coffee cups. Affix them to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals!
- Add rhinestones to the bottom of the Cup of Cheer cup.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5 – The most difficult part was determining the size of the Glimmer Paper and DSP – perhaps I still could have gone a bit smaller… Overall, this was a quick card with not a lot of surprises. It would be easy to batch up a few, or a few dozen of these in no time!
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’re “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest) and if we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks!
Friends – Our Chosen Family… Over at Festive Friday We’re getting ready to celebrate Friendship Day (it’s on July 30th). A “friendship” card is a pretty broad subject and can really span the gamut of sentiments.
July is here and we’re deep into wedding season! I thought that I’d put together a CASE file that would help you create a stunning wedding card.
Put an X through it, June is D-O-N-E! Hello HOT!!
We’re all ready for those hot Summer nights over at Festive Friday where we’re celebrating Ice Cream Day (it’s on July 15th).
Did this CASE fill you with cheer?
If you LOVED today’s project, and you want to make this card yourself, the supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, order a minimum of $25 (can be multiple orders) start receiving extra benefits from me! The more you order, the more you’ll get! You MUST use the Host Code to get your extras!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: BUS2F3F3
- All orders receive 1 Pixel Point for every dollar spent with me on stampinup.com (before shipping and tax).
- Go for DOUBLE Pixel Points by adding the current Host Code to your order!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND earn DOUBLE Pixel Points!
- Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials available HERE.
- Learn more about the Pixel Points Program
- Get 10 Ink Pads FREE! - If you have a product wishlist over $99 the Best Deal Ever is for you!
- PAPER PUMPKIN - My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products! Join today and get your first month 1/2 off!! Use code BLOOM0818 at checkout.
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
- Need a 2018-19 Annual Catalog? Request your FREE copy here!