On the CASE: Make a Difference
On the CASE: Make a Difference
Here’s a quick getaway from the holiday hustle & bustle…
For today’s On the CASE, I have a fun little 3×3 card that you can make in a few minutes – perfect for a quick getaway from all the extra people and an opportunity to let your mind empty out while you focus on some fun and simple crafting.
I popped back into the Annual Catalog and a suite of products that you probably saw a lot of early on – the Share What You Love suite. There’s lots of fun little projects in the catalog, and that Specialty DSP is just amazing, so, let’s dive in!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps : Make A Difference Photopolymer Stamp Set 
Ink : Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Pad 
Paper : Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series Paper  – 2 3/4″ x 3/4″, fussy cut flowers & leaves, Share What You Love Cardstock Pack  – 3″ x 6″ Mint Macaron,Whisper White Card Stock  – 2″ x 2″
Tools: Big Shot  , Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies 
Accessories : Share What You Love Artisan Pearls  , Share What You Love Embellishment Kit  , Lovely Floral Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder 
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
- Score your card base at 3″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder.
- Emboss one side of the card base with the Lovely Floral DTIEF
- Stamp the word “hello” in Granny Apple Green on Whisper White.
- Diecut sentiment with the smallest circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits
- Fussy cut two large flowers, a small flower and three leaf fronds.
- Arrange the fussy cut images around the diecut sentiment.
- Add two turns of white thread from the Share What You Love Embellishment Kit.
- Adhere the Specialty DSP strip to the card base.
- Adhere the finished sentiment element using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere three Artisan Pearls to the center of the left-most flower.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5 – This was a lovely little card that could be easily stepped-down by omitting the embossing folder and using a 1 1/2″ Circle Punch instead of the die. No Big Shot required! That makes this design a bit more accessible to the beginner stamper. To make it even simpler, the fussy cut pieces could be omitted all together!
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’re “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest) and if we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks!
Here's some other projects you'll like!
You know it’s fall when the sunflowers are in full bloom and the crops are being harvested! Why not celebrate that with a beautiful new Paint-a-Flower with gorgeous sunflowers?
Holiday and essential dies to add to your toolbox are here! It’s a new standalone die release from Altenew!
Have you played along with the newest Sketch Starter Challenge? The October challenge is live! You could win a $15 Altenew Gift Voucher just for playing! Oh, and I have some inspiration for you too!