On the CASE: Lift Me Up
On the CASE: Lift Me Up
Welcome to this week’s On the CASE with Ann & Nicole!
We’ve reached the end of the Stampin’ Up! year, which means we’re closing the books on the 2017-18 Annual Catalog and the 2018 Occasions Catalog. Though we made it through lots and lots of projects, there’s still many left unsolved. So, don’t be afraid to keep your catalog as a source of inspiration for years to come!
This week, I chose to focus on a stamp and die set that will carry over into the 2018-19 catalog; Lift Me Up and the Up & Away Thinlits. This fun set first caught my eye in the 2017 Occasions Catalog and it’s been popular enough to make it into not one, but now two Annual Catalogs.
The dies are fun, and versatile, and the sentiments are uplifiting, with fabulous fonts. I took the sample on page 58 and changed it from a piece of home decor to a card!
Don’t forget to leave a comment at the end of the post to qualify for my monthly giveaway!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Lift Me Up
Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock (8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″), Birthday Memories DSP (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″), Whisper White Cardstock (3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″), Sahara Sand Cardstock ( 3 pcs, each 2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″), Daffodil Delight Cardstock (2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″), Melon Mambo Cardstock (2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″), Pear Pizzazz Cardstock (2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″), Pool Party Cardstock (2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″), Whisper White Cardstock (2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″)
Inks: Sahara Sand Classic Ink
Other: Big Shot, Precision Base Plate, Big Shot Die Brush, Up & Away Thinlits, Stamparatus
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
- Score your card base at 4 1/4″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder.
- Diecut three balloon shapes from Sahara Sand cardstock. Use the Big Shot Die Brush to remove all the little pieces.
- Diecut clouds from Whisper White cardstock. You will need a total of 6 clouds.
- Diecut balloon color pieces – three of each as shown using Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz and Pool Party cardstock.
- Adhere the colored pieces to the back of each balloon as shown.
- Set up Stamparatus to stamp sentiment on Whisper White panel. Use a finished balloon to gauge where the sentiment should go. Mask off the “congratulations” portion of the stamp so just “You Soar Above the Rest” is stamped in Sahara Sand ink.
- Adhere the finished sentiment panel to the DSP panel. Adhere finished panel to the card base.
- Gently fold each balloon in half up the center.
- Adhere the three balloons together to make one, dimensional balloon.
- Adhere the finished balloon to the card.
- Add clouds to card.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5 – Making the 3-D balloon was the hardest part! You can make it easier by just using one balloon. For a card, that’s a totally acceptable shortcut! With graduation party season in full swing, this card would be a great accompaniment to any gift!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks! Until then…
This is IT!
Strap in, people! This post is LOOONNGG and filled with lots of pics. We’re taking a look into Friday’s Altenew Educator Level 3 Final Challenge – my live class, and it was a good one!
This is the “best for last”!
I saved this final design from my Altenew Educator Level 3 Final because it is my FA-VO-RITE!
Floral cards are great for any occasion.
I love it when I can craft up a design that will accommodate any sentiment. I find that lots of floral designs fit that category.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! 2019-20 Coordinators are NOW SHIPPING!
"I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra