On the CASE: Happy Birthday Gorgeous
On the CASE: Happy Birthday Gorgeous
Ready to move on from holiday projects?
I will have a few more to share this week, but for today’s On the CASE, I’m sharing a project from the Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog that is fun all by itself, or could be used as an element in a larger design. That’s the fun thing about the 3×3 format. You can leave the design as a small “love note” for hidden messages left in pockets and lunches, or as a small greeting to accompany a gift. Or, you can add additional background elements and add it to a larger card size. This design comes together in no time, and mixes a great birthday set with the fun Pick A Pattern Washi tape.
Don’t forget to leave a comment at the end of the post to qualify for my monthly giveaway!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Happy Birthday Gorgeous
Paper: Crushed Curry (6″ x 3″), Shimmery White Cardstock (2″ x 4″)
Inks: Crushed Curry, Lovely Lipstick, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Pick a Pattern Washi Tape, Faceted Dots, Glitter Enamel Dots
Other: Paper Snips, sewing machine (optional)
On the CASE Notes
- Score your card base at 3″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder.
- Stamp the flower pieces, and sentiment border in Tuxedo Black. Stamp extras if you’re not sure about your fussy-cutting skills.
- Stamp the large flower and sentiment in Lovely Lipstick.
- Use an Aqua Painter to color in the large flower. It will activate the ink from the stamped image and leave a lighter hue.
- Fussy cut the images.
- Trim the wide washi in half. Adhere it and the arrow pattern to the card base, towards the center line.
- Stamp the flowers and sentiment on the card base in Crushed Curry for a tone-on-tone look.
- Adhere watercolored flower and two leaves to card base.
- Pop up small flower image and sentiment using mini dimensionals.
- Adhere two small black faceted gems on the card base and a small pink glitter dot in the center of the flower.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5 – This was a fun little love note card. It would also be a great element for a larger card. Just use this creation and add a fun pattern to a full sized card base and pop it on top – voila! Using the Shimmery White Cardstock, it’s easy to add watercoloring. This paper doesn’t pill up easily, so you can add water without worry! Today’s technique reminds us that you don’t have to be a whiz with a brush – just stamp an image and use your aqua painter to swish the ink around. Easy peasy! I did skip out on the sewing machine stitching. It’s a lovely little element, but it can be skipped without anyone noticing.
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing a project too. We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks!
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! 2019-20 Coordinators are NOW SHIPPING!
"I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
Here's some other projects you'll like!
This is IT!
Strap in, people! This post is LOOONNGG and filled with lots of pics. We’re taking a look into Friday’s Altenew Educator Level 3 Final Challenge – my live class, and it was a good one!
This is the “best for last”!
I saved this final design from my Altenew Educator Level 3 Final because it is my FA-VO-RITE!
Floral cards are great for any occasion.
I love it when I can craft up a design that will accommodate any sentiment. I find that lots of floral designs fit that category.