On the CASE: Fruit Basket
On the CASE: Fruit Basket
Looking for a versatile card design that just needs a sentiment swap to make it perfect for any occasion?
My CASE file for this week’s On the CASE was a fun little design that could truly be for any sort of fun occasion. It also works as a “masculine” design since fruit is a pretty gender-neutral kind of thing!
I knew that I wanted to dive into the Tutti Fruitti product suite for my CASE project this week, but I was really up in the air about which card design I would choose. I went for the birthday design with lemons. I picked it mainly because it looked like it was the only A2-sized card on the page. But, when you look at the other samples and try to compare them to scale, I’m not quite sold that the design was actually A2 (4 1/4 x 5 1/2). But, if it’s not, then I don’t know what size it is! It’s not the new long notecard size – perhaps it was just a regular notecard (3 1/2 x 5)? Now that I’m looking at it – I bet it was!!
Oh well – you’re getting a modified CASE file – sized for A2. But, guess what?! That just shows that you can take almost any design and make it whatever size you want! LOL!! Not crazy about the 3×3 samples? You can just extend the DSP, or add an additional cardstock panel behind it to make a different size!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Fruit Basket (bundle)
Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock (8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″), Daffodil Delight Cardstock (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″) Whisper White Cardstock (5″ x 3 1/4″), Whisper White Cardstock strip (3/4″ x 4″)
Inks: Daffodil Delight, Lemon Lime Twist
Accessories: Tutti-fruitti Adhesive Backed Sequins, Lemon Lime Twist 3/8″ Mini Striped Ribbon, Tutti-fruitti Washi Tape
Other: Itty Bitty Fruit Punch Pack, Tear & Tape, Stampin’ Dimensionals
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
This card’s pretty easy-peasy! Let’s get to it!
- Score your card base at 4 1/4″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder.
- Adhere the 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ Daffodil Delight Cardstock panel to the card base.
- Randomly stamp the lemon rind image in Daffodil Delight on the 5″ x 3 1/4″ Whisper White Cardstock. Stamp two extra lemons on a scrap of Whisper White Cardstock.
- Stamp the lemon centers – stamp off once in Daffodil Delight to get a lighter shade of yellow.
- Punch out the two lemons from the scrap piece.
- Stamp the sentiment in Lemon Lime Twist ink on the strip of Whisper White Cardstock. Use the Stamp-a-ma-Jig for precision alignment.
- Adhere ribbon to the lemons panel using Tear & Tape. Adhere the tape to the ribbon, then adhere ribbon to cardstock.
- Adhere the sentiment to the card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Use the lemons panel and a pencil to draw in some light lines so you know where to put the washi tape.
- Adhere the washi tape to the card base.
- Adhere three sequins and the punched lemon wedges (popped up on Mini Dimensionals).
- Adhere finished lemon panel to card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 1 out of 5 – This is such a cute card with a lot of WOW – without all the fuss! It’s totally straight-forward (except that maybe it should have been notecard sized). Having the coordinating punch and self adhesive sequins made this card super easy! I also love that you could easily swap out the sentiment and use the card for all sorts of occasions.
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks, so until then…
Let’s CASE this card… It’ll be easy!
Yup – that’s what I thought when I was researching designs to CASE this week. I found this lovely design by Jen Rzasa over at Altenew and thought that it would be pretty simple to recreate.
I’m excited to share that I’ve been PUBLISHED on Scrapbook.com!
I hope to be invited to do more of these posts as I truly enjoyed putting these projects together. 😀 My creative brief was Father’s Day Cards.
I wonder…. will it…?
Ever hold a craft supply in your hand wondering if it will take on a certain technique or medium? That’s how I come up with all of my crazy, innovative ideas!
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! 2019-20 Coordinators are NOW SHIPPING!
"I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra