On the CASE: Eastern Beauty
On the CASE: Eastern Beauty
It’s time to explore another CASE file! So put on your super sleuth hats!
I thought I’d pull out a huge favorite from last year’s catalog to show you how this year’s new colors really take the set to a new level. If you weren’t crazy about all of the Regal tones of last year’s Eastern Beauty, look again at this year’s catalog samples (pg. 139 in the Annual catalog) because fresh fun colors breathe new life into this set!
Don’t forget to leave a comment at the end of the post to qualify for my monthly giveaway!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Eastern Beauty
Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock (8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″), Coastal Cabana Cardstock (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ and 4 1/4″ x 4 3/4″), Sparkle Glimmer Paper (3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″), scraps of Pumpkin Pie Cardstock, Poppy Parade Cardstock, Granny Apple Green Cardstock & Whisper White Cardstock
Inks: Pumpkin Pie, Poppy Parade, Coastal Cabana
Accessories: Silver Metallic Thread, Clear Faceted Gems
Other: Big Shot, Eastern Medallion Thinlits Dies, Paper Snips, Classic Label Punch
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide – click on the images to enlarge)
- Score your card base at 4 1/4″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder.
- Stamp edge of Coastal Cabana base layer with the spray pattern. Adhere to card base.
- Diecut the eastern medallion on the smaller Coastal Cabana layer. Stamp the patterns as shown.
- Stamp the spray pattern in Pumpkin Pie on Pumpkin Pie cardstock. Stamp the star image too. Diecut both.
- Snip out the large flower.
- Repeat the stamp, diecut, snip process with Poppy Parade ink on Poppy Parade cardstock.
- Stamp and diecut the flower line image on Granny Apple Green using Granny Apple Green ink. Diecut.
- Assemble the flower pieces, offsetting the bottom layer. Add a faceted gem in the middle.
- Snip out two of the green flower petals to make leaves. Adhere to flower.
- Add Metallic thread loops to the flower.
- Straighten out the sentiment on an acrylic block. Stamp in Pumpkin Pie on Whisper White.
- Punch out the sentiment with the Classic Label Punch.
- Adhere the Glimmer Paper to the card base – leaving about 3/4″ on the left.
- Adhere the finished flower element to the diecut Coastal Cabana layer. Add the sentiment.
- Adhere the finished Coastal Cabana layer to the base layer with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5 – The individual stamping around the medallion takes an extra minute, as does the stamp texture on the flowers. Looking for a shortcut? Skip the stamping on the flowers. Don’t skip the medallion as it would look pretty plain otherwise. Other than that, this card is a breeze to put together! It would be fun to make a series of this design using different colors, so, give it a try!
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’re “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest) and if we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks!
- SHOP NOW
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
Get everything you need to make this design!
The supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. The links I'm sharing are Affiliate Links, meaning that I will receive a small commission on your sale, at no additional cost to you. This helps keep the lights on and the inspiration flowing here at Pixel Maven's Retreat!
Here's some other projects you'll like!
This is seriously the perfect thank you for anyone! For today’s CASE, I dove back into the Annual Catalog to find the perfect all-purpose thank you design. And I found it…
Do you have the #1 on-trend stamp set from the Holiday Catalog? If you have the Country Home photopolymer set, you sure do! I’m really excited to share the coloring technique for today’s On the CASE.