On the CASE: Detailed With Love
On the CASE: Detailed With Love
It’s time to celebrate!
This is the last CASE file for Ann and I this year! Wow! How time flies 😀 I thought I’d revisit a past suite and share another quick and simple design. With the holiday hustle and bustle, it can be good to have a few quick cards ready to go.
Don’t forget to leave a comment at the end of the post to qualify for my monthly giveaway!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Detailed with Love
Paper: Delightfully Detailed Notecards & Envelopes, Delightfully Detailed Laser Cut Specialty Paper, Vellum (3″ x 3″), Mint Macaron CS (1″ x 5″)
Inks: Grapefruit Grove, Blackberry Bliss
Accessories: Faceted Dots
Other: 2 1/4″ Circle Punch, Sponge Daubers, Stamparatus
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
- Grab one of the Blackberry Bliss watercolor wash notecards from the Delightfully Detailed Notecards & Envelopes pack.
- Trim out the spiral floral pattern and a bit of the dotted scallop trim from the Delightfully Detailed Laser Cut Specialty Paper.
- Sponge some Grapefruit Grove ink on the white side of the scallop trim using a sponge dauber.
- Stamp the sentiment in Blackberry Bliss. Trim the dots off the bottom of the sentiment.
- Adhere the scallop element to the bottom of the sentiment.
- Thread the sentiment through the laser cut piece.
- Add a 2 1/4″ vellum circle behind the sentiment.
- Adhere the finished sentiment panel to the card base. The laser cut piece should fit exactly. If not, trim the card base or the laser cut to fit.
- Add some Faceted Dots for some extra bling!
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5 – Once I realized that there was no way this card was actually white, but vanilla, the project came together quickly. Sometimes SU has their product samples put together and photographed before they finalize designs and colors. Seems like they originally thought to use Whisper White as the primary neutral for the Delightfully Detailed suite, not Very Vanilla – hence the white looking sample images in the catalog! I really love the detail of weaving the sentiment through the laser cut image. It really makes the whole thing look pretty complex, but really, it’s just about having the patience to weave through and adhere. Give this project a try this weekend and you’ll have lots of nice notecards to use in the coming weeks!
We’ll be back!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks – in 2019!! Be on the lookout for fresh, new projects, and a NEW assignment for ME! But, until then…
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
Here's some other projects you'll like!
It’s a new year, with new adventures!
Happy 2019! Ann and I are back with another On the CASE. Last year, Ann and I worked our way through Stampin’ Up!® catalogs, breaking down samples step-by-step, providing you with free tutorials so you could CASE your own. This year, Ann is still working on unsolved Stampin’ Up! CASEs, but I’ve been “reassigned” to a new unit!
Here's a quick getaway from the holiday hustle & bustle... For today’s On the CASE, I have a fun little 3x3 card that you can make in a few minutes - perfect for a quick getaway from all the extra people and an opportunity to let your mind empty out while you...