On the CASE: Country Home
On the CASE: Country Home
Do you have the #1 on-trend stamp set from the Holiday Catalog?
If you have the Country Home photopolymer set, you sure do! I’m really excited to share the coloring technique for today’s On the CASE. I’m sure it’s one of the samples that really got you hooked on this amazing stamp set and spectacular coordinating Suite products. I haven’t splurged much on purchases from the Holiday catalog. I just don’t have time to make a billion different holiday cards — but, this stamp set seemed like a real winner to me. I’m hoping to see it carry over into the Spring, and maybe even into the next Annual Catalog.
Registered for Pixel Points? Don't forget to Login/Register, then leave a comment at the end of the post to earn even more!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Paper: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ – Whisper White Thick Cardstock , 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ – Gray Granite Cardstock , 4″ x 5 1/4″ – Country Lane Designer Series Paper , 3 3/4″ x 4 3/4″ , 3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″ – Crumb Cake Card Stock , 1″ x 4 1/2″ – Granny Apple Green Cardstock , 5/8″ x 4 1/2″ – Whisper White Card Stock 
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
- Score your card base at 4 1/4″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder. Set aside.
- Stamp the sentiment in Blackberry Bliss on the 5/8″ strip of Whisper White.
- Adhere sentiment to Granny Apple Green CS. Trim excess Whisper White. Leave a small overhang on the right side.
- Attach Galvanized Clip to the left side of the sentiment. Adhere a twine bow using glue dots.
- Adhere the strip of DSP to the bottom of the sentiment panel. Set aside.
- Make a mark on the smaller Crumb Cake panel – 1 1/2″ from the bottom. Stamp the cotton image at the mark. Stamp a second image on the right side, just below the mark. If you used Staz-on, clean your stamp right away!
- Color the cotton using a white watercolor pencil.
- Color in the rest of the flowers and leaves with watercolor pencils.
- Smooth out the colors (except the white) with a Blender Pen.
- DIstress the colored panel using the edge of your paper snips.
- Adhere the Gray Granite, Country Lane DSP and larger Crumb Cake layers to the card base.
- Adhere the stamped Crumb Cake layer to the assembled card base.
- Adhere sentiment panel to card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5 – There were a few different paper sizes that I had a bit of trouble deciphering, but I figured it out, and the measurements provided in the post are accurate (not necessarily my pictures…). So, I basically did the hard part for you! I really love the idea of using watercolor pencils and blender pens for this project as it’s a nice introduction to that kind of “watercoloring”. Since you’re not using the Blender Pen to blend, but to smooth out the pencil lines, it’s easy to get the hang of how a blender pen works, without ending up scrubbing the paper off into little pills. There’s the added bonus of white-on-crumb cake which is a stunning look no matter what, so, for the beginner stamper, this project is a huge boost to confidence. A “wow” look, with a “wow, that was easy!” feeling.
PS: After closer inspection, there is a swipe of the Light Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blend across the sentiment in the Stampin’ Up! sample. I did not do this step in my version. It’s totally optional…
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’re “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest) and if we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks!
Kick-start Your Creativity
Subscribe for for exclusive specials, updates and free tutorials & sketches
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: N6T7CMQT
- All orders receive 1 Pixel Point for every dollar spent with me on stampinup.com (before shipping and tax).
- Go for 2x Pixel Points by adding the current Host Code to your order!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND earn DOUBLE Pixel Points!
- Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials available HERE.
- Learn more about the Pixel Points Program
- If you have a product wishlist over $99 the Best Deal Ever is for you!
- PAPER PUMPKIN - My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
- Need a 2018-19 Annual Catalog and Holiday Catalog? Request your FREE copies here!
Get everything you need to make this design!
The supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, every dollar you spend (before tax and shipping) is rewarded with Pixel Points that you can redeem for products and tutorials! The more you order, the more points you earn!
Get 2x Pixel Points when you add the Host Code to your order, or when you go over $150!
Here's some other projects you'll like!
Looking for a versatile set for any season? Look no further! For today’s On the CASE, I dove back into the Annual Catalog to revive a fan favorite from last year – Colorful Seasons!
It’s time to explore another CASE file! So put on your super sleuth hats!
I thought I’d pull out a huge favorite from last year’s catalog to show you how this year’s new colors really take the set to a new level.