On the CASE: Colorful Seasons
On the CASE: Colorful Seasons
Looking for a versatile set for any season?
Look no further! For today’s On the CASE, I dove back into the Annual Catalog to revive a fan favorite from last year – Colorful Seasons! True, we don’t have the coordinating Color Theory products anymore, but that doesn’t leave this set crippled! In fact, I think it sets it free, allowing the maker to explore all sorts of fun color combinations and techniques!
Registered for Pixel Points? Don't forget to Login/Register, then leave a comment at the end of the post to earn even more!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Card Stock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ Whisper White Thick Cardstock , 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ Crumb Cake Card Stock , 3/4″ x 5 1/2″ Soft Suede Card Stock , 3 3/4″ x 5″ Watercolor Paper , scraps Whisper White Card Stock , 2″ x 2″ x 3 1/2″ Vellum Card Stock 
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
- Score your card base at 4 1/4″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder. Adhere Crumb Cake layer. Set aside
- Apply a watercolor wash to the watercolor paper panel using Balmy Blue ink and an Aquapainter. Set aside to dry.
- Add two turns of linen thread to the Soft Suede cs. Add a third piece and tie a bow.
- Adhere the finished Soft Suede element to the card base.
- Stamp the flowers (Flirty Flamingo) and stamens (Soft Suede) on a scrap of whisper white. *TIP: Each flower and stamen stamp has an “arrow” to indicate how they match up. Always stamp the arrows in the same direction. To see them more easily, add a dot of color with a Sharpie marker (see picture).
- Diecut the flowers. *TIP: Mark the dies with a dot to match up with the “arrows” from the stamps. Then you won’t have to guess if your dies are going the right way! (see picture).
- Stamp the branches (Soft Suede) and flowers (Flirty Flamingo) on the watercolor panel. *TIP: A Stamparatus is key here! You can re-stamp as many times as you need to get a clear, rich image. That can be difficult to do on Watercolor Paper, so it might take 3-4 re-stamps. Make sure your stamp pad is juicy!
- Stamp the sentiment on vellum. Allow drying time. *TIP: Use a heat tool on the low setting to speed up drying, otherwise it could take a while!
- Trim sentiment to the proper height (2″). Rip off the right edge to create the torn look. Adhere to the watercolor panel. Trim the excess from the left edge. *TIP: Use Tombow Multipurpose Adhesive on the left and right of the sentiment. Once adhered, rub over the adhesive with your fingertips to help blend in the adhesive. Once dry it will be invisible!
- Adhere the watercolor panel to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere the diecut flowers using Mini Glue Dots.
- Adhere three Artisan Pearls.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5 – Though stunning, this card is not HARD! The key word is patience! Take time with the watercolor wash. Take time to stamp on the watercolor paper. Take time to stamp on the vellum and let it all dry! This card could seriously be a swap card where making multiples is easy breezy. Give it a try!
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’re “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest) and if we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: N6T7CMQT
- All orders receive 1 Pixel Point for every dollar spent with me on stampinup.com (before shipping and tax).
- Go for 2x Pixel Points by adding the current Host Code to your order!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND earn DOUBLE Pixel Points!
- Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials available HERE.
- Learn more about the Pixel Points Program
- If you have a product wishlist over $99 the Best Deal Ever is for you!
- PAPER PUMPKIN - My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
- Need a 2018-19 Annual Catalog and Holiday Catalog? Request your FREE copies here!
Get everything you need to make this design!
The supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, every dollar you spend (before tax and shipping) is rewarded with Pixel Points that you can redeem for products and tutorials! The more you order, the more points you earn!
Get 2x Pixel Points when you add the Host Code to your order, or when you go over $150!
Here's some other projects you'll like!
It’s time to explore another CASE file! So put on your super sleuth hats!
I thought I’d pull out a huge favorite from last year’s catalog to show you how this year’s new colors really take the set to a new level.
Are you ready to get wild? For my latest “On the CASE” CASE file I thought I’d go for an outing – an Animal Outing! This fun little design was cracked in no time – perfect for crafters on the go.