On the CASE: Colorful Seasons
On the CASE: Colorful Seasons
Looking for a versatile set for any season?
Look no further! For today’s On the CASE, I dove back into the Annual Catalog to revive a fan favorite from last year – Colorful Seasons! True, we don’t have the coordinating Color Theory products anymore, but that doesn’t leave this set crippled! In fact, I think it sets it free, allowing the maker to explore all sorts of fun color combinations and techniques!
Don’t forget to leave a comment at the end of the post to qualify for my monthly giveaway!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Card Stock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ Whisper White Thick Cardstock , 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ Crumb Cake Card Stock , 3/4″ x 5 1/2″ Soft Suede Card Stock , 3 3/4″ x 5″ Watercolor Paper , scraps Whisper White Card Stock , 2″ x 2″ x 3 1/2″ Vellum Card Stock 
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
- Score your card base at 4 1/4″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder. Adhere Crumb Cake layer. Set aside
- Apply a watercolor wash to the watercolor paper panel using Balmy Blue ink and an Aquapainter. Set aside to dry.
- Add two turns of linen thread to the Soft Suede cs. Add a third piece and tie a bow.
- Adhere the finished Soft Suede element to the card base.
- Stamp the flowers (Flirty Flamingo) and stamens (Soft Suede) on a scrap of whisper white. *TIP: Each flower and stamen stamp has an “arrow” to indicate how they match up. Always stamp the arrows in the same direction. To see them more easily, add a dot of color with a Sharpie marker (see picture).
- Diecut the flowers. *TIP: Mark the dies with a dot to match up with the “arrows” from the stamps. Then you won’t have to guess if your dies are going the right way! (see picture).
- Stamp the branches (Soft Suede) and flowers (Flirty Flamingo) on the watercolor panel. *TIP: A Stamparatus is key here! You can re-stamp as many times as you need to get a clear, rich image. That can be difficult to do on Watercolor Paper, so it might take 3-4 re-stamps. Make sure your stamp pad is juicy!
- Stamp the sentiment on vellum. Allow drying time. *TIP: Use a heat tool on the low setting to speed up drying, otherwise it could take a while!
- Trim sentiment to the proper height (2″). Rip off the right edge to create the torn look. Adhere to the watercolor panel. Trim the excess from the left edge. *TIP: Use Tombow Multipurpose Adhesive on the left and right of the sentiment. Once adhered, rub over the adhesive with your fingertips to help blend in the adhesive. Once dry it will be invisible!
- Adhere the watercolor panel to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere the diecut flowers using Mini Glue Dots.
- Adhere three Artisan Pearls.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5 – Though stunning, this card is not HARD! The key word is patience! Take time with the watercolor wash. Take time to stamp on the watercolor paper. Take time to stamp on the vellum and let it all dry! This card could seriously be a swap card where making multiples is easy breezy. Give it a try!
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’re “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest) and if we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks!
- SHOP NOW
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
Get everything you need to make this design!
The supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. The links I'm sharing are Affiliate Links, meaning that I will receive a small commission on your sale, at no additional cost to you. This helps keep the lights on and the inspiration flowing here at Pixel Maven's Retreat!
Here's some other projects you'll like!
This is seriously the perfect thank you for anyone! For today’s CASE, I dove back into the Annual Catalog to find the perfect all-purpose thank you design. And I found it…
Do you have the #1 on-trend stamp set from the Holiday Catalog? If you have the Country Home photopolymer set, you sure do! I’m really excited to share the coloring technique for today’s On the CASE.