On the CASE: Color Theory (Colorful Seasons)
On the CASE: Color Theory (Colorful Seasons)
Welcome to our last On the CASE file for 2017! This year’s file cabinet is full to bursting, but we have two more files (one each) for this week…
Now that the holidays are in full swing, I think both Ann and I were hoping to get our hands on some simpler projects without any unexpected twists and turns. Fortunately for me, I succeeded in picking just the right CASE file. I hope Ann did too!
We’re both back in the Annual Catalog for this week’s investigations. It’s easy to neglect this epic gem of a resource so we thought it was our duty to point out some great projects there before we dive into the Occasions Catalog in January.
I decided to deconstruct the winter-themed card from the Color Theory (Colorful Seasons stamp set) Suite. I did have to pull out my detective’s magnifying glass to figure out a few details, but I had the CASE cracked in short order. Let’s check it out!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Colorful Seasons
Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock (8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″), Color Theory DSP – Dapper Denim (4″ x 5 1/2″), Dapper Denim CS, (3/4″ x 5 1/2″), Strip of Color Theory DSP, Scraps of Dapper Denim, Marina Mist & Soft Sky cardstocks
Inks: Dapper Denim
Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds Stampin’ Glitter, 3/8″ Metallic Edge Ribbon (silver)
Other: Big Shot, Seasonal Layers Thinlits dies, Triple Banner Punch
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
- Score your card base at 4 1/4″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder.
- Cut a 3/4″ strip from the lightest blue shade on the Color Theory DSP – you can use either pattern shown.
- Stamp snowflakes in Dapper Denim. Stamp off to achieve a lighter color on a few of the snowflakes.
- Punch a flag end and stamp the sentiment on the Color Theory DSP strip.
- Diecut snowflakes as shown in Dapper Denim, Marina Mist and Soft Sky cardstocks.
- Apply some light sponging of Dapper Denim ink to the snowflakes.
- Zig zag some Fine Tip Glue lightly on the snowflakes, then sprinkle with Dazzling Diamonds Stampin’ Glitter.
- Tap off the glitter and allow snowflakes to dry.
- Adhere Dapper Denim CS strip to the bottom of the card base. Trim to length.
- Adhere stamped Color Theory DSP panel to card base. There should be a 1/4″ strip of Dapper Denim CS showing at the bottom.
- Adhere the ribbon to the back of the sentiment banner with Tear & Tape.
- Adhere sentiment to card base with Tear & Tape.
- Adhere snowflakes to card base with Fine Tip Glue or Tombow Multipurpose Glue.
- Add two small blue Glitter Enamel Dots.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 2 (maybe a 1) out of 5 – This design came together really easy! Can I call it a “1”? Probably not because there is die-cutting and some detail with the glitter application and stamping-off of the snowflake stamped images. BUT, with that said, this is about as easy as a “2” can get! I was thrilled to have found a very straight-forward design sample in the catalog that wasn’t a “Quick & Easy” labeled design. The only trick was noticing the Dazzling Diamonds glitter and the sponging on the snowflakes. BUT, you could easily leave both steps out and have an equally beautiful and impressive design.
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’re “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest) and if we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks in January 2018! Happy New Year!!
Welcome to 2018! Valentine’s Day will be here before you know it! Today’s On the CASE file is all about making a sweet for your sweet! I was instantly drawn to this amazing sample, and was thrilled to discover that it was pretty easy to make too!
You can crack this CASE too!
If you LOVED today’s project, and you want to make this card yourself, the supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, order a minimum of $25 and start receiving extra benefits from me! The more you order, the more you’ll get! You MUST use the Host Code to get your extras!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: UUHBKRUT.
- Product Reward Club members receive 2 Pixel Points for every dollar they spend (before shipping and tax). Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials availalable HERE.
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND the free gifts from me!
- STAMPIN' BLENDS! Stampin' Up!'s new alcohol-based markers are now available! Start your collection today and join me at Club Blend
- PAPER PUMPKIN - Outside the Box! My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products! Join today!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra