On the CASE: Coffee Café
On the CASE: Coffee Café
Have you sleuthed through the catalog lately? Perhaps to recreate a project you just love? I felt like a real detective for this week’s On the CASE – I’ll tell you why…
I stared, and stared, and compared cardstock for my CASE file this week. I was truly perplexed!! It was clear to me that the base card color was not the same as the cardstock used for the sentiment. What shade of brown could that be? Soft Suede? Too dark. Sahara Sand? Too gray. There was also a mysterious texture/pattern to the paper. What could it be?! At that moment, I was hoping that Ann was having an easier time with her CASE file!
Then – I saw it! Look close at the picture below and check out the crease at the top of the card. It’s not perfectly scored! There’s some cracking going on there. Something you would never see in a Stampin’ Up! catalog sample! Then, it dawned on me!! It was CARDBOARD!! No matter how you might try to score it, cardboard generally cracks like that. So, I hauled out my stash of cardboard to find just the right piece. (I have a LOT of cardboard!)
I did use a Thick Whisper White card base as I like to have a nice, smooth surface for writing on – but, the cardboard worked great! So, let’s put this CASE together!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Coffee Café
Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock (8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″), Cardboard (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″), Crumb Cake Cardstock (2″ x 3″), Coffee Break DSP: Coffee pot/cup pattern (3″ x 4 1/2″), cup ring pattern (2 1/4″ x 3 1/2″), bean tree pattern (1 1/2″ x 3 3/4″), heart pattern (1 x 3 1/2), and 2 coffee cups.
Inks: Early Espresso
Accessories: Whisper White Classic Weave Ribbon, Linen Thread, Corrugated Elements
Other: Big Shot, Coffee Cups Framelits Dies
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
- Score your card base at 4 1/4″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder.
- Stamp the sentiment on the 2″ piece of Crumb Cake. Make a small mark at the bottom center. Then cut from either side to create the flag end. (I tried the Triple Banner Punch, but it was too severe of an angle).
- Use two small pieces (approx 3 inches each) of the Whisper White Classic Weave Ribbon and create two zig-zags as shown. Placing a glue dot at each bend will keep the zig-zag shape. (I didn’t have the Classic Weave Ribbon, so I used Powder Pink Shimmer Ribbon)
- Adhere the ribbon pieces to the back of the coffee cup/pot DSP panel as shown.
- Assemble the card base:
- Adhere the piece of cardboard to the card base.
- Crinkle the edges of the coffee cup/pot DSP panel. Adhere.
- Crinkle the coffee ring DSP panel. Adhere
- Cut a shallow flag end on the coffee plant DSP. Adhere.
- Tear the ends off the heart DSP. Adhere.
- Adhere the sentiment!
- Fussy cut or use the Coffee Cups Framelits to cut out two coffee cups.
- Create a bow with two 10″ pieces of Linen Twine.
- Adhere the bow with a glue dot.
- Adhere the corrugated heart.
- Adhere the coffee cups, popping the top one up with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5 – Once I figured out the cardboard trick, the rest was just about eyeballing the measurements, 2 seconds of stamping and some quick die-cutting. Layers always make for a lush-looking design, but really, with our coordinating DSP – it couldn’t be easier! This card can be whipped up faster than a Pumpkin Spice Latte at your favorite coffee bar!
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’re “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest) and if we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks!
Looking for quick inspiration to get your creativity started? Welcome to a new series – Quickspiration!
I’m excited to start this new blog series – Quickspiration – because I craft a lot more than I share on my blog. I know that you’d love to see what I’m working on, but I don’t always have time to go in-depth with tips and tricks, videos, etc…. So, these posts will be short on words, but have more images so you can see exactly what went down.
We’re in full-on holiday mode! Can you believe that Thanksgiving is next week? Ann and I have two more CASEes for you today, just in time for your last minute holiday card needs. Ann and I spent the weekend together at the Stampin’ Up! OnStage Live event in Salt Lake City. So, we thought we’d spend a few minutes coordinating our CASE files. It was so fun to have my CASE partner live and in-person to decide which CASEs we’d take on for this week!
It’s time again for another Tic Tac Toe Challenge! It never ceases to amaze me how diverse the Design Team projects end up, and how diverse the entries are. If you’re looking for a great source of inspiration, this challenge is it for sure! This time, I’m continuing to explore the Merry Little Christmas Memories & More card pack, and I have a 2 Minutes to Finish video too!
Like this CASE more than a Pumpkin Spice Latte?
If you LOVED today’s project, and you want to make this card yourself, the supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, order a minimum of $25 to start receiving extra benefits from me! The more you order, the more you’ll get! You MUST use the Host Code to get your extras!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: RCWTPZYD. This month's Product Rewards Club members will receive:
- Orders between $25-$74.99: A 6x6 Paper Sampler - Tutti-fruitti (New in the Occasions Catalog!)
- Orders over $75: The Paper Sampler AND the Tutti-fruitti self-adhesive sequins (New in the Occasions Catalog!)
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND the free gifts from me!
- The Year-end Sales Event is on through January 2nd. Get retiring holiday items while supplies last!
- STAMPIN' BLENDS! Stampin' Up!'s new alcohol-based markers are now available! Start your collection today and join me at Club Blend
- PAPER PUMPKIN - Outside the Box! My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and exclusive access to a private Facebook group where we share projects and I do giveaways! Join today!
- Product Shares Get a little of everything, and use it all! Product Shares for the Annual Catalog and Occasions Catalog are ordered twice a month. Time to restock!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra