On the CASE: Coffee Café
On the CASE: Coffee Café
Have you sleuthed through the catalog lately? Perhaps to recreate a project you just love? I felt like a real detective for this week’s On the CASE – I’ll tell you why…
I stared, and stared, and compared cardstock for my CASE file this week. I was truly perplexed!! It was clear to me that the base card color was not the same as the cardstock used for the sentiment. What shade of brown could that be? Soft Suede? Too dark. Sahara Sand? Too gray. There was also a mysterious texture/pattern to the paper. What could it be?! At that moment, I was hoping that Ann was having an easier time with her CASE file!
Then – I saw it! Look close at the picture below and check out the crease at the top of the card. It’s not perfectly scored! There’s some cracking going on there. Something you would never see in a Stampin’ Up! catalog sample! Then, it dawned on me!! It was CARDBOARD!! No matter how you might try to score it, cardboard generally cracks like that. So, I hauled out my stash of cardboard to find just the right piece. (I have a LOT of cardboard!)
I did use a Thick Whisper White card base as I like to have a nice, smooth surface for writing on – but, the cardboard worked great! So, let’s put this CASE together!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Coffee Café
Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock (8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″), Cardboard (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″), Crumb Cake Cardstock (2″ x 3″), Coffee Break DSP: Coffee pot/cup pattern (3″ x 4 1/2″), cup ring pattern (2 1/4″ x 3 1/2″), bean tree pattern (1 1/2″ x 3 3/4″), heart pattern (1 x 3 1/2), and 2 coffee cups.
Inks: Early Espresso
Accessories: Whisper White Classic Weave Ribbon, Linen Thread, Corrugated Elements
Other: Big Shot, Coffee Cups Framelits Dies
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
- Score your card base at 4 1/4″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder.
- Stamp the sentiment on the 2″ piece of Crumb Cake. Make a small mark at the bottom center. Then cut from either side to create the flag end. (I tried the Triple Banner Punch, but it was too severe of an angle).
- Use two small pieces (approx 3 inches each) of the Whisper White Classic Weave Ribbon and create two zig-zags as shown. Placing a glue dot at each bend will keep the zig-zag shape. (I didn’t have the Classic Weave Ribbon, so I used Powder Pink Shimmer Ribbon)
- Adhere the ribbon pieces to the back of the coffee cup/pot DSP panel as shown.
- Assemble the card base:
- Adhere the piece of cardboard to the card base.
- Crinkle the edges of the coffee cup/pot DSP panel. Adhere.
- Crinkle the coffee ring DSP panel. Adhere
- Cut a shallow flag end on the coffee plant DSP. Adhere.
- Tear the ends off the heart DSP. Adhere.
- Adhere the sentiment!
- Fussy cut or use the Coffee Cups Framelits to cut out two coffee cups.
- Create a bow with two 10″ pieces of Linen Twine.
- Adhere the bow with a glue dot.
- Adhere the corrugated heart.
- Adhere the coffee cups, popping the top one up with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5 – Once I figured out the cardboard trick, the rest was just about eyeballing the measurements, 2 seconds of stamping and some quick die-cutting. Layers always make for a lush-looking design, but really, with our coordinating DSP – it couldn’t be easier! This card can be whipped up faster than a Pumpkin Spice Latte at your favorite coffee bar!
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’re “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest) and if we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks!
Friends – Our Chosen Family… Over at Festive Friday We’re getting ready to celebrate Friendship Day (it’s on July 30th). A “friendship” card is a pretty broad subject and can really span the gamut of sentiments.
July is here and we’re deep into wedding season! I thought that I’d put together a CASE file that would help you create a stunning wedding card.
Put an X through it, June is D-O-N-E! Hello HOT!!
We’re all ready for those hot Summer nights over at Festive Friday where we’re celebrating Ice Cream Day (it’s on July 15th).
Like this CASE more than a Pumpkin Spice Latte?
If you LOVED today’s project, and you want to make this card yourself, the supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, order a minimum of $25 to start receiving extra benefits from me! The more you order, the more you’ll get! You MUST use the Host Code to get your extras!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: BUS2F3F3
- All orders receive 1 Pixel Point for every dollar spent with me on stampinup.com (before shipping and tax).
- Go for DOUBLE Pixel Points by adding the current Host Code to your order!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND earn DOUBLE Pixel Points!
- Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials available HERE.
- Learn more about the Pixel Points Program
- Get 10 Ink Pads FREE! - If you have a product wishlist over $99 the Best Deal Ever is for you!
- PAPER PUMPKIN - My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products! Join today and get your first month 1/2 off!! Use code BLOOM0818 at checkout.
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
- Need a 2018-19 Annual Catalog? Request your FREE copy here!