On the CASE: Sure Do Love You
On the CASE: Sure Do Love You
Welcome to 2018! Valentine’s Day will be here before you know it!
Today’s On the CASE file is all about making a sweet for your sweet! I was instantly drawn to this amazing sample, and was thrilled to discover that it was pretty easy to make too! Honestly, it’s the Painted with Love Specialty DSP that adds all the wow to this lovely design. I love that even though it’s “specialty” it has patterns on the back sides, just like regular DSP. But, really, who wants to cover up all that amazing gold foil?!
Ann is CASE-ing out another Occasions Catalog favorite – Petal Palette. How do we know it’s a favorite? We’ve had the catalog since November! And, we’ve been able to order products since then too!! Can you believe we’ve even been playing with Sale-a-Bration items? If you feel left out, you can fix that – just get the Best Deal Ever and you’ll get to see and purchase products early too!
On to the details for this week’s CASE!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Sure Do Love You (bundle available with dies)
Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock (8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″), Powder Pink Cardstock (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″), Powder Pink Cardstock (3 3/4″ x 5″), Whisper White Cardstock (2 1/2″ x 3″), Painted With Love Specialty DSP
Inks: Powder Pink, Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Painted Love Gold Vinyl Stickers, Love Mini Tinsel Trim Combo
Other: Big Shot, Lots to Love Box Framelits Dies (part of the bundle with the stamp set), Sweet & Sassy Framelits Dies.
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
- Score your card base at 4 1/4″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder.
- Adhere the 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ Powder Pink panel to the card base.
- Stamp the small heart shapes in Powder Pink on the 3 3/4″ x 5″ Powder Pink CS panel.
- Adhere the stamped Powder Pink panel to the card base.
- Stamp the sentiment on Whisper White. Ink just the top of the stamp with Rich Razzleberry. Then, ink the middle (and bottom) with Melon Mambo. Finally, ink the bottom with Rich Razzleberry again. It’s ok that there’s Melon mambo on the bottom of the stamp as it will blend into the Razzleberry ink pad. Huff on the stamp if necessary to reactivate the ink, then stamp! Voila – a 2-tone sentiment!
- Diecut the sentiment with the heart from the Lots to Love Box Framelits, and two hearts in the Specialty DSP with two hearts from the Sweet & Sassy Framelits collection.
- Adhere the DSP hearts to the card base as shown.
- Add a glue dot to the center of the back of the sentiment. Arrange the Tinsel Trim as shown.
- Squinch the tinsel in the center and adhere to the glue dot. No knots or bows necessary!!
- Add Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back of the sentiment. Be sure to add one to the center to help keep the trim adhered.
- Adhere the sentiment to the card base.
- Add small vinyl heart stickers to card base as shown.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5 – Not a lot of nit-picky steps, and lots of WOW from that DSP made this design pretty quick to accomplish! You could even make up a batch of these to hand out to lots of Valentines – or, just one for your special someone!
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’re “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest) and if we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks!
Is your style “quick & easy”, or “relish the process” or both? I started off my CASE quest this week thinking that the design I chose would be mostly quick & easy because it just had some quick watercoloring. Weellll…..
Take a break today and crack this CASE along with us! Ann and I are back with two new CASE files! I finally did up a tracking list because I couldn’t remember all the great projects we completed. Can you believe we closed 60 CASEs between the two of us? Wow! That’s a lot of step-by-step inspiration!
Can you believe that next week is already March? I thought I would On the CASE with a fun, sophisticated floral design to start thinking Spring!
If you “Sure Do Love” this CASE…
If you LOVED today’s project, and you want to make this card yourself, the supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, order a minimum of $25 (can be multiple orders) start receiving extra benefits from me! The more you order, the more you’ll get! You MUST use the Host Code to get your extras!
- GET RETIRING PRODUCTS WHILE SUPPLIES LAST! Ink and Paper will go quickly, so don't delay!!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: R6J2T9R4
- All orders receive 1 Pixel Point for every dollar spent with me on stampinup.com (before shipping and tax).
- Go for DOUBLE Pixel Points by adding the current Host Code to your order!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND earn DOUBLE Pixel Points!
- Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials available HERE.
- Learn more about the Pixel Points Program
- PAPER PUMPKIN - Outside the Box! My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products! Join today!
- New to Paper Pumpkin? Use code SAVEFIFTY0418 when you sign up and get your first two months at 50% off!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra