On the CASE: Sure Do Love You
On the CASE: Sure Do Love You
Welcome to 2018! Valentine’s Day will be here before you know it!
Today’s On the CASE file is all about making a sweet for your sweet! I was instantly drawn to this amazing sample, and was thrilled to discover that it was pretty easy to make too! Honestly, it’s the Painted with Love Specialty DSP that adds all the wow to this lovely design. I love that even though it’s “specialty” it has patterns on the back sides, just like regular DSP. But, really, who wants to cover up all that amazing gold foil?!
Ann is CASE-ing out another Occasions Catalog favorite – Petal Palette. How do we know it’s a favorite? We’ve had the catalog since November! And, we’ve been able to order products since then too!! Can you believe we’ve even been playing with Sale-a-Bration items? If you feel left out, you can fix that – just get the Best Deal Ever and you’ll get to see and purchase products early too!
On to the details for this week’s CASE!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Sure Do Love You (bundle available with dies)
Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock (8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″), Powder Pink Cardstock (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″), Powder Pink Cardstock (3 3/4″ x 5″), Whisper White Cardstock (2 1/2″ x 3″), Painted With Love Specialty DSP
Inks: Powder Pink, Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Painted Love Gold Vinyl Stickers, Love Mini Tinsel Trim Combo
Other: Big Shot, Lots to Love Box Framelits Dies (part of the bundle with the stamp set), Sweet & Sassy Framelits Dies.
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
- Score your card base at 4 1/4″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder.
- Adhere the 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ Powder Pink panel to the card base.
- Stamp the small heart shapes in Powder Pink on the 3 3/4″ x 5″ Powder Pink CS panel.
- Adhere the stamped Powder Pink panel to the card base.
- Stamp the sentiment on Whisper White. Ink just the top of the stamp with Rich Razzleberry. Then, ink the middle (and bottom) with Melon Mambo. Finally, ink the bottom with Rich Razzleberry again. It’s ok that there’s Melon mambo on the bottom of the stamp as it will blend into the Razzleberry ink pad. Huff on the stamp if necessary to reactivate the ink, then stamp! Voila – a 2-tone sentiment!
- Diecut the sentiment with the heart from the Lots to Love Box Framelits, and two hearts in the Specialty DSP with two hearts from the Sweet & Sassy Framelits collection.
- Adhere the DSP hearts to the card base as shown.
- Add a glue dot to the center of the back of the sentiment. Arrange the Tinsel Trim as shown.
- Squinch the tinsel in the center and adhere to the glue dot. No knots or bows necessary!!
- Add Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back of the sentiment. Be sure to add one to the center to help keep the trim adhered.
- Adhere the sentiment to the card base.
- Add small vinyl heart stickers to card base as shown.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5 – Not a lot of nit-picky steps, and lots of WOW from that DSP made this design pretty quick to accomplish! You could even make up a batch of these to hand out to lots of Valentines – or, just one for your special someone!
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’re “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest) and if we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks!
Welcome to our last On the CASE file for 2017! This year’s file cabinet is full to bursting, but we have two more files (one each) for this week… Now that the holidays are in full swing, I think both Ann and I were hoping to get our hands on some simpler projects without any unexpected twists and turns. Fortunately for me, I succeeded in picking just the right CASE file. I hope Ann did too!
Have you sleuthed through the catalog lately? Perhaps to recreate a project you just love? I felt like a real detective for this week’s On the CASE – I’ll tell you why… I stared, and stared, and compared cardstock for my CASE file this week. I was truly perplexed!! It was clear to me that the base card color was not the same as the cardstock used for the sentiment. What shade of brown could that be?
We’re in full-on holiday mode! Can you believe that Thanksgiving is next week? Ann and I have two more CASEes for you today, just in time for your last minute holiday card needs. Ann and I spent the weekend together at the Stampin’ Up! OnStage Live event in Salt Lake City. So, we thought we’d spend a few minutes coordinating our CASE files. It was so fun to have my CASE partner live and in-person to decide which CASEs we’d take on for this week!
If you “Sure Do Love” this CASE…
If you LOVED today’s project, and you want to make this card yourself, the supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, order a minimum of $25 (can be multiple orders) start receiving extra benefits from me! The more you order, the more you’ll get! You MUST use the Host Code to get your extras!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: UUHBKRUT.
- Product Reward Club members receive 2 Pixel Points for every dollar they spend (before shipping and tax). Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials availalable HERE.
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND the free gifts from me!
- STAMPIN' BLENDS! Stampin' Up!'s new alcohol-based markers are now available! Start your collection today and join me at Club Blend
- PAPER PUMPKIN - Outside the Box! My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products! Join today!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra