On the CASE: Bubble Over
On the CASE: Bubble Over
Seems like forever, but it was only an extra week… we’re back On the CASE with two new projects, dissected just for you!
Ann and I are working hot and heavy on another joint-venture with a third Demonstrator (Beth McCullough) – so, I feel like we’ve been attached at the virtual hip the last few days as we prepare for the launch (more about that later). Needless to say, Ann got us both turned upside down for a few hours, thinking that our CASE files weren’t due until next week! But, we got it all straightened out, and here we are!
Ann is back in the Annual Catalog this week, while I continue to investigate the Occasions Catalog. This time I’m diving into a super fun card with a super fun bundle – the Bubble Over bundle. It’s a fun “anyone” set – but, I especially like that it will work well for kids and masculine cards too!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Bubble Over Bundle (Bubble Over stamp set, Bottles & Bubbles Framelits)
Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock (3 1/2″ x7″), Basic Black Cardstock (3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″), Whisper White Cardstock (4″ x 1 1/2″), Silver Foil Paper (4″ x 4″), scraps of Tranquil Tide, Calypso Coral & Lemon Lime Twist Cardstocks.
Inks: Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, Calypso Coral, Lemon Lime twist, Tranquil Tide
Accessories: Gold Metallic Thread
Other: Big Shot, Bottles & Bubbles Dies, 3/4″ Circle Punch, Fringe Scissors
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
- Score your card base at 3 1/2″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder.
- Adhere the black (3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″) panel to the card base.
- Diecut nine bottlecaps from the Silver Foil Sheet.
- Start adhering bottlecaps to the card base. Start with the four corners. Then, add in the rest around the edges – equally spaced. Finally, add in the center bottlecap.
- Stamp the bottlecap centers on Whisper White, Tranquil Tide, Calypso Coral and Lemon Lime Twist Cardstocks as shown. Punch out stamped images with the 3/4″ Circle Punch.
- Stamp sentiment on Whisper White cardstock. Diecut sentiment with smaller label die.
- Create your own paper ribbon with a 3/4″ strip of Lemon Lime twist. Score down the center, then use fringe scissors on either side of the score line – being careful not to cut across the score.
- Assemble sentiment with a piece of the paper ribbon and Gold Metallic Thread.
- Adhere bottlecap images, and assembled sentiment to card base.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5 – There’s not a lot of steps – just a lot of stamping, and diecutting! I wish there were two bottlecaps in the die set as that would have made cutting out nine bottlecaps go a lot quicker. But, they’re just so stunning in person! Not only does the die cut, but it embosses leaving a lovely, realistic bottlecap look. You’re going to love it! I was disappointed that it’s not a true 3x3 size, so it doesn’t pair with our 3x3 envelopes. If you wanted an envelope, you’d have to make one with the Envelope Punch Board.
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’re “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest) and if we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks!
Looking for a versatile card design that just needs a sentiment swap to make it perfect for any occasion? My CASE file for this week’s On the CASE was a fun little design that could truly be for any sort of fun occasion. It also works as a “masculine” design since fruit is a pretty gender-neutral kind of thing!
Welcome to 2018! Valentine’s Day will be here before you know it! Today’s On the CASE file is all about making a sweet for your sweet! I was instantly drawn to this amazing sample, and was thrilled to discover that it was pretty easy to make too!
Welcome to our last On the CASE file for 2017! This year’s file cabinet is full to bursting, but we have two more files (one each) for this week… Now that the holidays are in full swing, I think both Ann and I were hoping to get our hands on some simpler projects without any unexpected twists and turns. Fortunately for me, I succeeded in picking just the right CASE file. I hope Ann did too!
Ready to open your own CASE file?
The supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, every dollar you spend (before tax and shipping) is rewarded with Pixel Points that you can redeem for products and tutorials! The more you order, the more points you earn!
You MUST use the Host Code to get your Pixel Points!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: NHJTCTNT.
- Product Reward Club members receive 2 Pixel Points for every dollar they spend (before shipping and tax). Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials availalable HERE.
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND earn Pixel Points!
- STAMPIN' BLENDS! Stampin' Up!'s new alcohol-based markers are now available! Start your collection today and join me at Club Blend
- PAPER PUMPKIN - Outside the Box! My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products! Join today!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra