Life’s a Journey (PPA320)
Let’s Create, Simply!
If you want to create cards like the ones I share, there is a simple way to do it. All you have to remember is “Let’s Create, Simply!”. Remembering that phrase will help you recall three key points of design: Layout, Color, Style. Don’t overthink it and use these three steps to make great cards every time. Click on the tabs below for today’s tips and Pin-worthy graphics! (Hint: If you’re on a mobile device, you can save images by pressing and holding on the picture and selecting “Share Image”. You should get a whole bunch of options depending on what apps you have installed on your device.)
Start your project by finding a great layout. Here’s a sketch of today’s design. See how simple it is when you break it down into its parts? Save this sketch to a Pinterest board and use it any time you need design inspiration.
Featured Element: Simple Strips
Dawn has given us a “simple” sketch. Or is it? Look at all that whitespace. What will you do with it? Those thin strips don’t look like much, but pairing them with just the right thing in the background will really make this design shine!
Color doesn’t have to be cosmic! Inspiration is all around, and you can hardly go wrong with any of Stampin’ Up!’s colors. Here’s the primary colors used on today’s creation. You can save this to a Pinterest board to use any time you’re looking for project inspiration.
Featured Coordination: Copper
This fall’s on-trend metallic is COPPER! That’s why I love this Petals & Paisleys specialty designer series paper – it comes with two sheets that have copper embossing done for you. See – it’s easy peasy to add some flair to a projects.
No heat necessary!
Styling is where it’s easy to go overboard. So, take a deep breath and focus on one key technique to add some flair to your project.
Featured Style: Simplicity & Pattern Pairing
I know many demonstrators you see online have treasure troves of goodies! But, don’t let that discourage you – you don’t need much to get started! One, flexible stamp set, a dark ink color, some cardstock and DSP along with adhesive and scissors and you’re on your way.
If you plan on using two patterns in a project, here’s a rule of thumb: Use one big, bold pattern, and one small, accent pattern. Breaking up the two with solids is a good idea too. See how I used some copper foil behind the polka dot strip? It’s the perfect way to separate the two patterns so they can both shine!
Wrap-up & Chat
Wow! I hope you’re inspired to pull out some of your neglected, and shiny papercrafting stash. Use my ideas above to help kick-start your creativity for today – and share your results!
Because creatives crave inspiration! By sharing your work, not only will you get better, and craft more often, but you’ll be helping inspire others too. Creativity is a team sport, so get out there and share.
Here’s how you can share with me:
- Leave a COMMENT below!
- Post a project inspired by today’s post on my Facebook page OR
- Post it Pinterest and use the hashtag #PMRInspired2016 OR
- Post it to Instagram and use the hashtag #PMRInspired2016
When I find your creations, I’ll comment and I’ll share them right here!
Here’s how you can share with others:
- Use those big ‘ol SHARE buttons below and post today’s creative inspiration for others to find
- If you’re on a mobile device, you can share images by pressing and holding on the picture and selecting “Share Image”. You should get a whole bunch of options depending on what apps you have installed on your device.
- The end of the Stampin' Up! year is upon us! Retiring products are only available while supplies last. AND THEY'RE GOING FAST! You won’t want to miss out on ordering your favorites! SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: BJEWSZHE
- This month's Product Rewards Club members will receive:
- Orders between $25-$74.99: A Ribbon Sampler of the new In Color ribbons
- Orders over $75: The Ribbon Sampler AND Watercolor Paper!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND the free gifts from me!
FREEBIES!!! There's no catch - check out my Freebies Page for all sorts of downloadable resources to help take your crafting up a notch!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.