VIDEO: How to Wow – Warp-free Watercolor (TTTC003)
This week’s Featured designer is Shannon Jaramillo (shannonkaypaperie.com) . I’ve been a long-time admirer of her work – and I know you will be too, so, I’m super excited to see what she has in store for us, along with the rest of Team X. As for me, I thought I’d go with some fun textures to make a mostly monochrome design really pop.
There’s watercoloring, embossing paste, sewing, linen thread, a “wink” of Stella…. texture is what really makes a monochromatic design stand out. Anyone that sees the card just wants to touch all the different parts to explore the texture and how it all comes together.
Today’s “wow” technique is a supporting player, but, trust me, without it, the card would look pretty blah. There are some key steps to the perfect watercolor wash background. If you’ve struggled with this technique, today’s How to Wow video will show you how to perfect it! If you’ve never tried it before, my tips should give you the confidence to be successful the first time!
One thing I forgot to note in the video is that you don’t need a hardboard or piece of MDF to do this technique. A piece of thick cardboard will work in a pinch. The glimmer paper and foil sheets both have a nice thick piece from the packaging that will work just perfect.
Wrap-up & Chat
If you’re in love with this project and my new How to Wow Series, please do share!
Because creatives crave inspiration! By sharing each other’s work, not only will we get better, and craft more often, but we help inspire others too. Creativity is a team sport, so get out there and share.
Here’s how you can share with me:
- Leave a COMMENT below!
- Post a project inspired by today’s post on my Facebook page OR
- Post it Pinterest and use the hashtag #PMRInspired2017 OR
- Post it to Instagram and use the hashtag #PMRInspired2017
When I find your creations, I’ll comment and I’ll share them right here!
Here’s how you can share with others:
- Use those big ‘ol SHARE buttons below and post today’s creative inspiration for others to find
- If you’re on a mobile device, you can share images by pressing and holding on the picture and selecting “Share Image”. You should get a whole bunch of options depending on what apps you have installed on your device.
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: UUHBKRUT.
- Product Reward Club members receive 2 Pixel Points for every dollar they spend (before shipping and tax). Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials availalable HERE.
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND the free gifts from me!
- STAMPIN' BLENDS! Stampin' Up!'s new alcohol-based markers are now available! Start your collection today and join me at Club Blend
- PAPER PUMPKIN - Outside the Box! My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products! Join today!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
All you need for Watercolor Wash!
If you LOVED today’s project, and you want to try making the card yourself, the supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, orders of $25 start receiving extra benefits from me! The more you order, the more you’ll get! Be sure to use the Host Code to get your extras!