VIDEO: How to Wow – Spinner Cards
Ready for more Tic Tac Toe Fun? A new challenge opened this morning, featuring a board designed by Susan Itell. We’ve got lots of amazing inspiration and I’ve got a new How to Wow video to teach you how to make a spinner card!
We’re rapidly approaching the end of our 2nd month over at Tic Tac Toe Challenge, and I can’t be more thrilled with participation! Our Designers are just amazing, and everyone playing along is creating such inspired projects! I’m sure this week will be no different as we have another great challenge board. I noticed that YELLOW likes to pop up a lot – it must be a really popular color right now since it keeps coming to mind for the Designers. So, I thought I would try to avoid it to show the versatility of the Tic Tac Toe style challenges… Let’s take a look at the board:
I really liked the idea of using a doily – as I have them, but I don’t often use them. Do you have that problem too? What products do you buy and then have trouble using? Leave a comment to share!
Anyway, I ultimately went with the middle row: Circle, Linen Thread, Birthday. I saw that combo and instantly thought of a technique that I wanted to share in a How to Wow video. So, that’s what I did – BUT, I also added in a doily, and I guess you could call the design feminine too. So, I guess I got half of the board 😉
Spinner cards aren’t that hard, but they sure do get a WOW from their recipient! It does take a little bit of planning, especially if you’re using a punch to make the cut-out. Today’s video is just a tad longer, but I go through some good tips to keep in mind as you’re making your spinner creation. Let’s watch!
Did you love it? Here’s some more tips to make this card a success!
- Dress up the cutout with a border of some type. If you’re using a layering shape, cut out the next larger size in a complimentary color (or metallic) for some extra pizzazz. OR, use a doily! Wow! What a great use for that element I have such a hard time with 😀
- Not just for babies – The Bundle of Love Specialty DSP is for anything that needs some glitz! Gold patterned on Very Vanilla is about as sophisticated as you can get. On the opposite side, the same patterns in Very Vanilla with either Soft Sky and Blushing Bride might be screaming “baby” to you, but to me, just says “classy”. It’s a must-have for any occasion.
- Linen Thread is a staple item! Use it to make shabby-chic/vintage swirls, and to get your spinner twirling. It’s super easy to use and add to any project.
Wrap-up & Chat
If you’re in love with this project please share!
Because creatives crave inspiration! By sharing each other’s work, not only will we get better, and craft more often, but we help inspire others too. Creativity is a team sport, so get out there and share.
Here’s how you can share with me:
- Leave a COMMENT below!
- Post a project inspired by today’s post on my Facebook page OR
- Post it on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook or Google+ and use the hashtag #PMRcraftmaven
When I find your creations, I’ll comment and I’ll share them right here, AND, you'll receive a surprise in the mail from me!
Here’s how you can share with others:
- Use those big ‘ol SHARE buttons below and post today’s creative inspiration for others to find
- If you’re on a mobile device, you can share images by pressing and holding on the picture and selecting “Share Image”. You should get a whole bunch of options depending on what apps you have installed on your device.
Is your mind spinning with spinner card ideas?
If you LOVED today’s project, and you want to make this card yourself, the supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, order a minimum of $25 (can be multiple orders) start receiving extra benefits from me! The more you order, the more you’ll get! You MUST use the Host Code to get your extras!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: 37DDAN93. This month's Product Rewards Club members will receive:
- Orders between $25-$74.99: A 6x6 Paper Sampler - Fresh Florals DSP
- Orders over $75: The Paper Sampler AND 1/8" Fresh Fig Sheer Ribbon!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND the free gifts from me!
- BONUS DAYS - Redeem your coupons this month! Click for more details
FREEBIES!!! There's no catch - check out my Freebies Page for all sorts of downloadable resources to help take your crafting up a notch!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra