VIDEO: How to Wow – Quick Treat Box
It’s Thursday, and lots of you already know it’s time for another Tic Tac Toe Challenge! The “O”s are in the house, and I’ve got a fun little treat box project that you’ll be able to make in just a few minutes with my How to Wow video.
I was intrigued by the box for “gift” (Lower left corner), so, I knew that’s where this week’s project would start. A while back, I saw an ad on Facebook for these cute gift boxes that unfolded into a card, and were big enough to hold a small gift. I watched the video quite a few times, then decided that I could probably make the same thing if I tried. So, with that little idea, and a nudge from TTTC to come up with a “gift”, I started experimenting.
Now, I don’t know about you, but I’m not always successful with an idea on the first try. BUT, this time, I was able to create this box in one go. Woo hoo! That really tells you how easy this little box is. It will be one of those quick projects that you come back to over and over.
Let’s take a few minutes to learn how to make the box itself. Then, I’ll give you some other tips for this specific project.
Are you making these little boxes already?! They can’t be any easier!!
Here’s a few other tips about this specific box
- I stamped the balloons and stars on the tag in a random way – stamping off to get some different shades of Berry Burst. Then, to soften it all, I did a little sponging with a sponge dauber. Remember – not a lot of ink! We want hints of shading, not big swirls.
- Stamp the sentiment on the tag, and inside of the box with Basic Black Archival Ink. It’s a deep black and will give you crisp lines, which is perfect for this graphic stamp set. I do like to set my Archival stamped images aside for an extra minute to make sure they’re completely dry. Or if I’m in a hurry, I’ll use my Heat Tool.
- Have fun with the inside! This would make a great group card as there’s lots of room for people to sign. Add pictures and stamping – anything goes!
Wrap-up & Chat
If you’re in love with this project and my How to Wow Series, please do share!
Because creatives crave inspiration! By sharing each other’s work, not only will we get better, and craft more often, but we help inspire others too. Creativity is a team sport, so get out there and share.
Here’s how you can share with me:
- Leave a COMMENT below!
- Post a project inspired by today’s post on my Facebook page OR
- Post it Pinterest and use the hashtag #PMRInspired2017 OR
- Post it to Instagram and use the hashtag #PMRInspired2017
When I find your creations, I’ll comment and I’ll share them right here!
Here’s how you can share with others:
- Use those big ‘ol SHARE buttons below and post today’s creative inspiration for others to find
- If you’re on a mobile device, you can share images by pressing and holding on the picture and selecting “Share Image”. You should get a whole bunch of options depending on what apps you have installed on your device.
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: 2BHXRXH2. This month's Product Rewards Club members will receive:
- Orders between $25-$74.99: A 6x6 Paper Sampler - Quilted Christmas
- Orders over $75: The Paper Sampler AND Jute Twine!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND the free gifts from me!
FREEBIES!!! There's no catch - check out my Freebies Page for all sorts of downloadable resources to help take your crafting up a notch!
- Product Shares Get a little of everything, and use it all! Product Shares for the Annual Catalog and Holiday Catalog are ordered twice a month. Time to restock!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
Box it Up!
If you LOVED today’s project, and you want to try making the project yourself, the supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, orders of $25 start receiving extra benefits from me! The more you order, the more you’ll get! Be sure to use the Host Code to get your extras!