VIDEO: How to Wow – Perfect Clear Embossing
What goes around, comes around – yah, Thursdays too! Welcome back for another Tic Tac Toe Challenge! Even for a holiday week last week, we had tons of beautiful entries. Won’t you join us? This week is Team X, but I’m playing along and have some tips for perfect clear embossing you won’t want to miss.
This week’s Featured designer is Roseanne Mulhern (heartfeltstamping.com). She’s set up a lovely board with lots of possibilities. From pearls to pink, you’re covered. Oh, and I used both of those elements! My design covers both the first column (circles, pearls, birthday), and the first row (birthday, pattern paper, pink). See how easy that is? You won’t get painted into a corner with this challenge board, so, pick a row and get started!
The WOW technique featured today might be hard to see. It’s perfect clear embossing that goes right over the sentiment, and the party hat. Now, in the past, I might have stamped in the color, then tried to stamp again with Versamark – but there’s an easier way! So, take a look at the video to add this super simple technique to your toolbox!
Simple – right? I especially like the tip about the Blender Pen. I don’t know about you, but I sure do miss the VersaMarker…
Here’s a few other tips about this card
- Stamp and emboss your sentiment first, then cut it out with your preferred die. It’s easier to make sure the sentiment is lined up perfectly that way.
- Don’t be afraid to pull in a fun, contrasting color when using the party hat. Old Olive is in the DSP, but it’s very light – so I popped that into the hat to call it out as more of an accent.
- Stamp and emboss, then fussy-cut the party hat. (Here’s some tips on fussy-cutting). Once it’s cut, go back with your Stampin’ Write marker along the edges for a more polished look.
Wrap-up & Chat
If you’re in love with this project and my How to Wow Series, please do share!
Because creatives crave inspiration! By sharing each other’s work, not only will we get better, and craft more often, but we help inspire others too. Creativity is a team sport, so get out there and share.
Here’s how you can share with me:
- Leave a COMMENT below!
- Post a project inspired by today’s post on my Facebook page OR
- Post it Pinterest and use the hashtag #PMRInspired2017 OR
- Post it to Instagram and use the hashtag #PMRInspired2017
When I find your creations, I’ll comment and I’ll share them right here!
Here’s how you can share with others:
- Use those big ‘ol SHARE buttons below and post today’s creative inspiration for others to find
- If you’re on a mobile device, you can share images by pressing and holding on the picture and selecting “Share Image”. You should get a whole bunch of options depending on what apps you have installed on your device.
It’s CLEAR, you need this stuff!
If you LOVED today’s project, and you want to make this card yourself, the supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, order a minimum of $25 (can be multiple orders) start receiving extra benefits from me! The more you order, the more you’ll get! You MUST use the Host Code to get your extras!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: UUHBKRUT.
- Product Reward Club members receive 2 Pixel Points for every dollar they spend (before shipping and tax). Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials availalable HERE.
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND the free gifts from me!
- STAMPIN' BLENDS! Stampin' Up!'s new alcohol-based markers are now available! Start your collection today and join me at Club Blend
- PAPER PUMPKIN - Outside the Box! My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products! Join today!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra