VIDEO: How to Wow – Distressed Wood
VIDEO: How to Wow – Distressed Wood
Today’s the last day for Tic Tac Toe Challenge #7. If you haven’t played, you have until 12 Central to link up! There are some amazing projects from the Design Team, AND in the gallery from fellow players. If you don’t have time to play, at least do stop by and see all the amazing projects!
In a way, I was glad that this was DT X’s challenge, as I really had a hard time putting together a project. I think I just didn’t want to do another flower card. I thought about acetate, but just didn’t have a creative idea…. so, in the end, I decided on the right diagonal – diecut, distress ink, embossing folder.
Let’s take a closer look at the showstopper technique – the distressed wood background. In just a few easy steps, you’ll have the same results!
How about that? Here’s some more tips to make this card a success!
- Don’t go overboard with the sentiment element – let the distressed wood shine as the focal point!
- To soften the banner sentiment, use a Blender Pen to add some shadowing to the edges of the banner stamp.
- Don’t be afraid to cut open your copper trim. I like to loosen an end then stick my finger all the way through to get a large opening that can be cut completely so you end up with a flat piece of copper mesh.
- Always apply embellishments in odd numbers. Today, I used 5 pearls!
Time to earn some Pixel Points
Pixel Points are my way of rewarding this community for sharing, commenting, visiting and purchasing. And, it's not hard to do! Just Login/Register and you'll start to collect points!
Here’s how you can earn Pixel Points:
- Visit the site (Subscribe to get emails about new posts)
- Leave a COMMENT below!
- Place an order on Stampin' Up!, using this month's Host Code (or placing an order over $150).
Here’s how you can share with others:
- Use those big ‘ol SHARE buttons below and post today’s creative inspiration for others to find
- Earn more points by referring friends! Once you register, you'll get a custom URL that you can share.
When your friends use your link, you'll get more Pixel Points!
Need more info? Check out all the details...
Ready to de-stress with some distressing?
If you LOVED today’s project, and you want to make this card yourself, the supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, order a minimum of $25 (can be multiple orders) start receiving extra benefits from me! The more you order, the more you’ll get! You MUST use the Host Code to get your extras!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: ZGCXD7PU
- Product Reward Club members receive 2 Pixel Points for every dollar they spend (before shipping and tax). Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials availalable HERE.
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND earn Pixel Points!
- STAMPIN' BLENDS! Stampin' Up!'s new alcohol-based markers are now available! Start your collection today and join me at Club Blend
- PAPER PUMPKIN - Outside the Box! My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products! Join today!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra