Festive Friday: Tri-fold Fun
Festive Friday: Tri-fold Fun
Welcome back for another Festive Friday!
It seems like every time I check the calendar, it’s time for another Festive Friday challenge! This time around, it’s an easy one, so no excuses – play along!
Affiliate links are used in this post. When you click on them and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting my blog!
Looking for ideas – here’s a few:
- ANYTHING GOES! Since any kind of crafty project is creative – link up! It’s a free pass, so take it! Make what you like 😀
- Fun folds are a fun opportunity to add an unexpected twist to a card project. There’s lots of different options out there so do a quick Google or Pinterest search to find a fold that fits your fancy!
CASE one of the DT projects and add your own twist to our designs. Of course, if you blog about it, we would love for you to mention the Designer as your inspiration for your project. Here’s links to all of the Designers:
Here’s my take:
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
(Affiliate shopping links are listed at the end of the post)
Stamps: Dearest Friend (Altenew)
Paper: 2: 4 1/4″ x 11″ – Solar White 110lb (Neenah), 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ 110 lb watercolor card (Strathmore)
Inks: Versafine Black ( Tsukineko), Spun Sugar Distress Oxide (Ranger), Dusty Concord Distress Oxide (Ranger), Classic Watercolor (Prima)
Accessories: Superfine Black Embossing Powder (Ranger)
Other: Big Shot (Sizzix), Dearest Friends Dies (Altenew), Blending Brushes (Amazon), Heat Tool (Hero Arts), Anti-static bag (Ranger), watercolor brushes
(your step-by-step guide to CASE-ing this design – click the images for a larger slideshow)
- Score both card bases at 5 1/2″. Trim off 1/8″ from one end on each card. This will help them fit together to create the tri-fold.
- Assemble the card by adhering one of the shortened ends to the inside of a longer end. The second short end will fold inside with the second long end folding to make the front.
- Mask off the edge of one flap and blend in a background using Spun Sugar and Dusty Concord Distress Oxides. Repeat the process for the other flap.
- Sprinkle water on the finished blended panels to create a spattered look.
- Stamp the floral image on the front flap to help align the die. Diecut the outline.
- Fold in the inside flap and use a pencil to trace the diecut outline from the front flap. This way, the diecut is aligned! Match up the die to the outline and diecut the inside flap.
- Add desired sentiment to outside and inside flaps – emboss with black embossing powder.
- Stamp the floral image on watercolor card. Color as desired with watercolors.
- Diecut finished floral image and adhere to the center of the card inside. Fold over the inside flap to help align the floral diecut perfectly!
Now it’s your turn to link up!
Now that you’re all inspired, what will you create? The clock is ticking away for #FF0034 and we want to see your design. Link up your project over at Festive Friday and you might just be named a Festive Fave!
Don’t Forget about my monthly GIVEAWAY!
Every month, I give away a sweet surprise to one lucky commenter. So, don’t forget to leave a COMMENT on today’s post to enter!
If you loved today’s project, I’d love to know! The blogosphere can be a lonely place, so please don’t lurk! Leave a quick word or two to tell me you were here!
Inspired by the products I used?
The supply list is right here! Click a product to start shopping.
These links are Compensated Affiliate Links, meaning that I may receive a small commission on your sale, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Items marked with an asterisk (*) were provided by a store or the manufacturer.
Don't miss these hot deals - click the picture to shop!
Here's some other projects you'll like!
You know it’s fall when the sunflowers are in full bloom and the crops are being harvested! Why not celebrate that with a beautiful new Paint-a-Flower with gorgeous sunflowers?
Holiday and essential dies to add to your toolbox are here! It’s a new standalone die release from Altenew!
Have you played along with the newest Sketch Starter Challenge? The October challenge is live! You could win a $15 Altenew Gift Voucher just for playing! Oh, and I have some inspiration for you too!