Festive Friday: Sweet Summertime
Festive Friday: Sweet Summertime
Welcome back for another Festive Friday!
We’re ready for SUMMER and counting down to the 4th of July for our latest challenge. I wanted to have some fun mixing stamp sets and watercoloring on hot press card – a new love for me! I think you’ll really enjoy this project, so give it a try! You can change up the popsicles to be any “flavor” you want – perhaps you’re more of a fudgesicle type – go for it! Of course, with the Altenew Way Too Sweet stamp set, you could swap out the popsicles for ice cream cones too. This is a classic layout, so dive into your stash and use what you have 😀
(affiliate links are used in this post. When you click on them and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting my blog!)
Looking for ideas – here’s a few:
- Get ready for your patriotic events and create some fun decor – tablescape items, placecards, food markers, patriotic banners or bunting.
- Work up a scrapbook page or other memory-keeping to commemorate a fun summer or Independence Day event.
- Think up a fun, quick and simple project that the kiddos can do with you. Foster their creativity and cut down on screen-time!
CASE one of the DT projects and add your own twist to our designs. Of course, if you blog about it, we would love for you to mention the Designer as your inspiration for your project. Here’s links to all of the Designers:
Here’s my take:
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
(Affiliate shopping links are listed at the end of the post)
Stamps: Way Too Sweet (Altenew), All Lined Up (The Stamp Market)
Paper: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ – Solar White 110lb (Neenah), 4″ x 5 1/4″ Hot Press Watercolor Card 140lb (Arches)
Inks: Hybrid Black (Scrapbook.com), Mowed Lawn, Seedless Preserves, Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Vintage Photo, Black Soot Distress Inks (Ranger/Tim Holtz)
Other: Sticky Sheets (Sizzix), Stamp Positioner (Tonic/Tim Holtz), Big Shot (Sizzix), Way Too Sweet dies (Altenew), Fun Foam Sheets (Creative Hands)
(your step-by-step guide to CASE-ing this design – click the images for a larger slideshow)
- Score your card base at 4 1/4″. Set aside.
- Stamp the sentiment in the lower right corner.
- Make pencil marks (1 5/16″, 2 5/8″, 3 15/16″) on the watercolor panel to mark the center of the treat. Align the right-most treat and stamp.
- Shift the watercolor panel to the right to get the stamp in the right place. Stamp the second treat. It is easier to shift the panel because then you don’t need to worry about aligning the treats all the way across – the stamp positioner does that for you.
- Shift the panel one more time to the right and stamp the final treat.
- Pick out colors.
- Color the sentiment (Mowed Lawn) and the popsicle sticks (Vintage Photo).
- Color the popsicles (Seedless Preserves, Spiced Marmalade, Picked Raspberry). Dry and then add another layer to the left to add in some shadowing.
- Diecut the treats
- Cut out foam sheet and add to the back of the sentiment panel. Adhere to card base.
- Adhere treats into cutouts.
Now it’s your turn to link up!
Now that you’re all inspired, what will you create? The clock is ticking away for #FF0036 and we want to see your design. Link up your project over at Festive Friday and you might just be named a Festive Fave!
Don’t Forget about my monthly GIVEAWAY!
Every month, I give away a sweet surprise to one lucky commenter. So, don’t forget to leave a COMMENT on today’s post to enter!
If you loved today’s project, I’d love to know! The blogosphere can be a lonely place, so please don’t lurk! Leave a quick word or two to tell me you were here!
Inspired by the products I used?
The supply list is right here! Just click a product to start shopping.
The links I'm sharing are Compensated Affiliate Links, meaning that I will receive a small commission on your sale, at no additional cost to you.
Items marked with an asterisk (*) were provided by a store or the manufacturer.
When you shop with these links, you help keep the lights on and the inspiration flowing here at Pixel Maven's Retreat! Thank You!
Don't miss these hot deals - click the picture to shop!
Here's some other projects you'll like!
Are you ready for a new Craft-a-Flower? This month, we’re bringing you the classic Daisy, and I have a fun twist on this set for you!
Kick start your mid-week crafting with a new Sketch Starters Challenge and some more inspiration from my video series in partnership with Altenew!
It’s another Sketch Starter! One is a “scrapbuster” and the other is a “washi-buster”. Both are fun and easy to do!