Festive Friday: Panda Party
Festive Friday: Panda Party
Let’s get FESTIVE! Did you know that March 16th is National Panda Day?
We warned you that we’d be featuring some not-so-traditional festivities over at Festive Friday. Here’s the first one!
Do we really expect you to send a card to someone for National Panda Day? Of course not! (Though it would be funny to send one to your local zoo, or maybe to a friend who really, really loves these cuddly creatures!)
BUT, we do think that a lot of inspiration can be taken from the idea of “panda”. Do you have the cutest panda stamp? How about some designer paper? Do you see a pattern or a design that makes you think of pandas? How about a scrapbook page of that time you went to the zoo?
See – It’s easy to get inspired by this challenge’s festivity. Of course, you could just go for Black & White and totally ignore the panda part. Either way, we’re ok with that. That’s the beauty of an “and/or” challenge!
We’d love to have you play along with us, so don’t forget to create something and link up with us.
Registered for Pixel Points? Don't forget to Login/Register, then leave a comment at the end of the post to earn even more!
This time, I decided to use the “and” option, focusing on adding this adorable panda to the design, along with a Black & White color palette.
The only additional color is the teeny tiny heart on the envelope – colored in with a Real Red Stampin’ Write Marker (use the pen end, not the brush end!), and some hints of Smoky Slate from my Light Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blend to give the panda some shading. Those markers are just perfect for adding that kind of dimension, depth and detail to stamped images.
If you love this project, you can earn the PDF tutorial for it over on Festive Friday Challenge. Just play along and earn Fest Points when you register an account on the site. This tutorial is only 5 points!
Time to earn some Pixel Points
Pixel Points are my way of rewarding this community for sharing, commenting, visiting and purchasing. And, it's not hard to do! Just Login/Register and you'll start to collect points!
Here’s how you can earn Pixel Points:
- Visit the site (Subscribe to get emails about new posts)
- Leave a COMMENT below!
- Place an order on Stampin' Up!, using this month's Host Code (or placing an order over $150).
Here’s how you can share with others:
- Use those big ‘ol SHARE buttons below and post today’s creative inspiration for others to find
- Earn more points by referring friends! Once you register, you'll get a custom URL that you can share.
When your friends use your link, you'll get more Pixel Points!
Need more info? Check out all the details...
Two Days – Two Ways: Get the most out of your stamp sets! Today and tomorrow, I’m focusing on a set that’s been collecting dust on my shelf – Heartfelt Sympathy.
Take a break today and crack this CASE along with us! Ann and I are back with two new CASE files! I finally did up a tracking list because I couldn’t remember all the great projects we completed. Can you believe we closed 60 CASEs between the two of us? Wow! That’s a lot of step-by-step inspiration!
Are you a color-phobe? Do you avoid bright, bold colors and patterns?
I certainly do! But, I’m working on introducing more of both into my life – in clothes, home design and in my card-making.
Get everything you need to make this design!
The supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, every dollar you spend (before tax and shipping) is rewarded with Pixel Points that you can redeem for products and tutorials! The more you order, the more points you earn!
You MUST use the Host Code to get your Pixel Points!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: ZGCXD7PU
- Product Reward Club members receive 2 Pixel Points for every dollar they spend (before shipping and tax). Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials availalable HERE.
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND earn Pixel Points!
- STAMPIN' BLENDS! Stampin' Up!'s new alcohol-based markers are now available! Start your collection today and join me at Club Blend
- PAPER PUMPKIN - Outside the Box! My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products! Join today!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra