Festive Friday: Lift Me Up
Festive Friday: Lift Me Up
Off we go, into the wild blue yonder!!
This week at Festive Friday we’re celebrating the 61st birthday of the United States Air Force (it’s on September 18th). We thought it would be fun to pair up the festivity with the option to include clouds in your designs. There’s lots of fun ways to incorporate a cloudy look, so be sure to check out the Design Team’s ideas!
Looking for ideas – here’s a few:
- Go classic Blue & Yellow – typical Air Force colors.
- Add in some airplanes – stamps, diecuts or patterned paper. They can be vintage (for a nice masculine look), or cartoonish (for the kiddos)
- Incorporate some uplifting sentiments – like “you lift me up” or, “reach for the sky”. I think even that flying piggy from Stampin’ Up!’s “this little piggy” set would qualify – don’t you?
- Add in clouds in any sort of way – embossed, watercolored, stamped, diecut, sponged…. there’s lots of ways to achieve a cloud effect!
Don’t forget to leave a comment at the end of the post to qualify for my monthly giveaway!
My inspiration design features Air Force colors – blue & yellow – Blueberry Bushel and Daffodil Delight to be exact. I added in some clouds using the Pattern Party Decorative Masks and some embossing paste. It gives the design a lot of fun texture and is perfect for any thanks you might need to extend.
Today’s project can be completed in just a few short steps.
Don't Forget about my MONTHLY GIVEAWAY!
Every month, I give away a sweet surprise to one lucky commenter. So, don't forget to leave a COMMENT on today's post to enter!
If you loved today's project, I'd love to know! The blogosphere can be a lonely place, so please don't lurk! Leave a quick word or two to tell me you were here!
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
Here's some other projects you'll like!
Today’s technique is going to blow your mind!
I have been a fan of the rotating stamp style, like Concord & 9th’s Turnabout ™ stamps, for a while now. It’s just so cool how you can turn the paper 90-degrees, stamp the same image, and end up with a filled-in design that looks like wallpaper or wrapping paper!
Let’s go next-level with stencils!
Stencils are pretty popular right now, and there’s so many ways you can use them. I was inspired by my latest Altenew Academy class to see what new and innovative way I could use them for my latest project.
Welcome back for another Festive Friday!
It seems like every time I check the calendar, it’s time for another Festive Friday challenge! We’ve got a pretty predictable challenge this round – since Mother’s Day is coming up soon.