Festive Friday: Faux Frosted Acrylic
Festive Friday: Faux Frosted Acrylic
Looking for a way to get that acrylic sign look in your card designs?
It’s a trend that’s heating up this summer, and sure to stick around for at least the next year or two – acrylic, acrylic, acrylic! What does it look like? Here’s a sample from Pinterest:
Registered for Pixel Points? Don't forget to Login/Register, then leave a comment at the end of the post to earn even more!
How can we achieve this look? There’s two choices for base layers in papercrafting – window sheets (acetate, which is like super thin acrylic), or vellum (for a frosted look).
For Festive Friday Challenge #FF0009, I opted for vellum!
Using vellum can be a challenge, but when used strategically, it really adds a punch to a project without much else! Today’s project can be completed in just a few short steps. Earn the PDF tutorial by playing at Festive Friday and earning Fest Points that you can redeem for tutorials and other great prizes!
Of course, this project ticks the “die cut” part of the new Festive Friday challenge, and with the somewhat “generic” sentiment and masculine elements and colors, this card could easily be used for Father’s Day too! Looks like this is another “and” example for you 🙂
If you’re loving this color combo, here’s a Coordination Card for you to pin!
Time to earn some Pixel Points
Pixel Points are my way of rewarding this community for sharing, commenting, visiting and purchasing. And, it's not hard to do! Just Login/Register and you'll start to collect points!
Here’s how you can earn Pixel Points:
- Visit the site (Subscribe to get emails about new posts)
- Leave a COMMENT below!
- Place an order on Stampin' Up!, using this month's Host Code (or placing an order over $150).
Here’s how you can share with others:
- Use those big ‘ol SHARE buttons below and post today’s creative inspiration for others to find
- Earn more points by referring friends! Once you register, you'll get a custom URL that you can share.
When your friends use your link, you'll get more Pixel Points!
Need more info? Check out all the details...
Happy New Catalog Week!! As I’m sure you know, the new Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog was released on Friday. That means that it’s time for new inspiration and lots of fun new products and stamps.
Welcome to this week’s On the CASE with Ann & Nicole! We’ve reached the end of the Stampin’ Up! year, which means we’re closing the books on the 2017-18 Annual Catalog and the 2018 Occasions Catalog.
Do you ever feel like you’re the last on the bandwagon for a new crafting technique? That’s me on this week’s CASE. I’ve been eyeballing this particular design for a while now. I’d been putting it off because I thought I’d need more time…
Get everything you need to make this design!
The supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, every dollar you spend (before tax and shipping) is rewarded with Pixel Points that you can redeem for products and tutorials! The more you order, the more points you earn!
You MUST use the Host Code to get your Pixel Points!
- It's Here!! The NEW 2018-19 Annual Catalog! Don't have one? Request your FREE copy here!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: K2NNX43P
- All orders receive 1 Pixel Point for every dollar spent with me on stampinup.com (before shipping and tax).
- Go for DOUBLE Pixel Points by adding the current Host Code to your order!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND earn DOUBLE Pixel Points!
- Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials available HERE.
- Learn more about the Pixel Points Program
- PAPER PUMPKIN - Outside the Box! My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products! Join today!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra