Festive Friday: Easy Valentine Treat
Festive Friday: Easy Valentine Treat
Yippee Skippee!! Are you ready for a new Papercrafting Challenge? Say HELLO to Festive Friday!
A few months ago, fellow Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators, Ann Schach and Beth McCullough and I started brainstorming on a new, innovative papercrafting challenge. We didn’t want it to be just like all the others. What could get people really interested in playing along week after week?
We knew it depended on two things. First, a unique challenge; Not just colors, or inspiration photos, or sketches — there’s plenty of those kinds of challenges. Second, a unique rewards system; Not just weekly picks and guest designers, but a way for everyone who participates to qualify for “something”.
A Unique Challenge:
Festive Friday is built around festivities and holiday and “days”. Basically, any “special” event. It could be traditional “holidays” like Valentine’s Day, or a festivity like birthdays or a fun “Day” like National Ice Cream Day. To make sure everyone can participate, there’s a second component of a design element (sequins, glitter, ribbon, specific shapes, etc). The challenge is an “And/Or” challenge, so participants can use the festivity and the element, OR just one of the two (the festivity, or the element). Don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day? Just use the sequins part…. make sense?
Not only does Festive Friday have challenge picks (Festive Friday Faves), but all participants can earn Fest Points which can be redeemed for PDF tutorials and other great prizes – including Guest Designer. That’s right – play enough, and anyone can be a guest designer!
Festive Friday challenges go live the 2nd and 4th Friday of the month, and run for 11 days! I hope to see you play along!
Our first challenge is Valentine’s Day and/or Sequins
My project is a simple heart treat holder! I was able to put 20 of these together in less than an hour! I opted for both of the elements – Valentine’s Day and Sequins, using both the new DTIEF Sequins folder, and mini sequins trim.
You can roll over the numbers on the image below to see and link to products used. A full product listing is available at the end of the post.
As I was putting this project together, and realized how easy it is, it dawned on me that it’s a great treat holder for lots of different events – especially baby showers and weddings! Just change up the colors to match your event and voila!
This project is available as a tutorial over at Festive Friday Challenge. If you’re participating in the challenge and register for an account, you can use your Fest Points towards the “purchase” of this tutorial! I hope to see you play along!
Time to earn some Pixel Points
Pixel Points are my way of rewarding this community for sharing, commenting, visiting and purchasing. And, it's not hard to do! Just Login/Register and you'll start to collect points!
Here’s how you can earn Pixel Points:
- Visit the site (Subscribe to get emails about new posts)
- Leave a COMMENT below!
- Place an order on Stampin' Up!, using this month's Host Code (or placing an order over $150).
Here’s how you can share with others:
- Use those big ‘ol SHARE buttons below and post today’s creative inspiration for others to find
- Earn more points by referring friends! Once you register, you'll get a custom URL that you can share.
When your friends use your link, you'll get more Pixel Points!
Need more info? Check out all the details...
It’s here – the Dog Days of Summer! Summer is continuing on hot and heavy over at Festive Friday where we’re celebrating National Dog Day (August 26th)!
All I need is a good time and some fried butter… Oh wait, I meant stamps, paper & ink!
Can you believe that it’s already State Fair season? We’re ready to rock some carnival rides over at Festive Friday where we’re celebrating State Fairs and the color Turquoise.
Get everything you need to make this design!
The supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, every dollar you spend (before tax and shipping) is rewarded with Pixel Points that you can redeem for products and tutorials! The more you order, the more points you earn!
You MUST use the Host Code to get your Pixel Points!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: BX3ZCRVB
- In August - All orders receive 2 Pixel Points for every dollar spent with me on stampinup.com (before shipping and tax).
- In August - Go for 4x Pixel Points by adding the current Host Code to your order!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND earn DOUBLE Pixel Points!
- Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials available HERE.
- Learn more about the Pixel Points Program
- BONUS DAYS! For every $50 spent in August, receive a $5 voucher to redeem in September!
- If you have a product wishlist over $99 the Best Deal Ever is for you!
- PAPER PUMPKIN - My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products! Join today and get your first month 1/2 off!! Use code BLOOM0818 at checkout.
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
- Need a 2018-19 Annual Catalog and Holiday Catalog? Request your FREE copies here!