Festive Friday: Easy Blue Floral Hello
Festive Friday: Easy Blue Floral Hello
Welcome back for another Festive Friday!
We’re helping you get ready for yet another holiday that’s right around the corner – Father’s Day! This isn’t just an American holiday. It is celebrated worldwide, though some countries may celebrate on a different day. Many countries celebrate Father’s Day on the 3rd Sunday in June – like here in the US. Of course, if you’re already done with your Father’s Day planning – KUDOS! You can submit your project – we’d love to see it. But if you’d like to link up something different, we have another option for you!
(affiliate links are used in this post. When you click on them and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting my blog!)
Looking for ideas – here’s a few:
- Think ahead and get your Father’s Day projects done now! Wouldn’t it be great to not have to rush a last minute idea?
- Already set for Father’s Day? Blue is an easy option – there’s so many great patterned papers, washi tapes, and inks that will help you bring blue into the forefront of a project! Go for monochromatic, or make it the star color in your design – either works!
- CASE one of the DT projects and add your own twist to our designs. Of course, if you blog about it, we would love for you to mention the Designer as your inspiration for your project. Here’s links to all of the Designers:
Here’s my take:
Don’t forget to leave a comment at the end of the post to qualify for my monthly giveaway!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
(Affiliate shopping links are listed at the end of the post)
Stamps: Floral Shadow (Altenew)
Paper: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ – Solar White 110lb (Neenah), 5 1/2″ x 81 1/2″ Solar White 80lb (Neenah), 4″ x 5 1/4″ Solar White 80lb (Neenah)
Inks: Nocturne Versafine Clair( Tsukineko), Sea Glass Crisp Dye Ink (Altenew)
Accessories: Teal Shadow Washi Tape (Altenew)
Other: Big Shot (Sizzix), Floral Shadow Dies (Altenew), Stamp Positioner (Tonic)
(your step-by-step guide to CASE-ing this design – click the images for a larger slideshow)
- Score the card base at 4 1/4″. Adhere the Robin’s Egg CS and set aside.
- Adhere the washi tape to pieces of 80# Solar White CS.
- Set up the coordinating dies on the washi tape and diecut the flowers.
- Stamp the background on another piece of 80# Solar White CS using Sea Glass ink.
- Adhere the stamped background to the card base.
- Stamp the sentiment in the lower right with Nocturne Versafine Clair.
- Add the diecut washi flowers using foam adhesive. Trim any overhanging florals.
Now it’s your turn to link up!
Now that you’re all inspired, what will you create? The clock is ticking away for #FF0035 and we want to see your design. Link up your project over at Festive Friday and you might just be named a Festive Fave!
Don’t Forget about my monthly GIVEAWAY!
Every month, I give away a sweet surprise to one lucky commenter. So, don’t forget to leave a COMMENT on today’s post to enter!
If you loved today’s project, I’d love to know! The blogosphere can be a lonely place, so please don’t lurk! Leave a quick word or two to tell me you were here!
Get everything you need to make this project!
The supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. The links I'm sharing are Affiliate Links, meaning that I will receive a small commission on your sale, at no additional cost to you.
This helps keep the lights on and the inspiration flowing here at Pixel Maven's Retreat!
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! 2019-20 Coordinators are NOW SHIPPING!
"I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
Here's some other projects you'll like!
Happy Hump Day! Got time for a quick CASE?
Oooh! I’m so in love with my take on today’s Inspiration CASE! I’ve noticed that I’m not so into patterned paper anymore. Actually, I don’t think I ever was.
Welcome to a new feature here at The Retreat – My Favorite Things!
I’m always trying out new products, tools, brands, mediums, etc. and I’m sure it can be hard to keep up with everything that I like. So, I thought I would do an occasional roundup of those items that make it onto my craft desk over and over so you can see what I recommend.