Festive Friday: Easy Blue Floral Hello
Festive Friday: Easy Blue Floral Hello
Welcome back for another Festive Friday!
We’re helping you get ready for yet another holiday that’s right around the corner – Father’s Day! This isn’t just an American holiday. It is celebrated worldwide, though some countries may celebrate on a different day. Many countries celebrate Father’s Day on the 3rd Sunday in June – like here in the US. Of course, if you’re already done with your Father’s Day planning – KUDOS! You can submit your project – we’d love to see it. But if you’d like to link up something different, we have another option for you!
(affiliate links are used in this post. When you click on them and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting my blog!)
Looking for ideas – here’s a few:
- Think ahead and get your Father’s Day projects done now! Wouldn’t it be great to not have to rush a last minute idea?
- Already set for Father’s Day? Blue is an easy option – there’s so many great patterned papers, washi tapes, and inks that will help you bring blue into the forefront of a project! Go for monochromatic, or make it the star color in your design – either works!
- CASE one of the DT projects and add your own twist to our designs. Of course, if you blog about it, we would love for you to mention the Designer as your inspiration for your project. Here’s links to all of the Designers:
Here’s my take:
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
(Affiliate shopping links are listed at the end of the post)
Stamps: Floral Shadow (Altenew)
Paper: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ – Solar White 110lb (Neenah), 5 1/2″ x 81 1/2″ Solar White 80lb (Neenah), 4″ x 5 1/4″ Solar White 80lb (Neenah)
Inks: Nocturne Versafine Clair( Tsukineko), Sea Glass Crisp Dye Ink (Altenew)
Accessories: Teal Shadow Washi Tape (Altenew)
Other: Big Shot (Sizzix), Floral Shadow Dies (Altenew), Stamp Positioner (Tonic)
(your step-by-step guide to CASE-ing this design – click the images for a larger slideshow)
- Score the card base at 4 1/4″. Adhere the Robin’s Egg CS and set aside.
- Adhere the washi tape to pieces of 80# Solar White CS.
- Set up the coordinating dies on the washi tape and diecut the flowers.
- Stamp the background on another piece of 80# Solar White CS using Sea Glass ink.
- Adhere the stamped background to the card base.
- Stamp the sentiment in the lower right with Nocturne Versafine Clair.
- Add the diecut washi flowers using foam adhesive. Trim any overhanging florals.
Now it’s your turn to link up!
Now that you’re all inspired, what will you create? The clock is ticking away for #FF0035 and we want to see your design. Link up your project over at Festive Friday and you might just be named a Festive Fave!
Don’t Forget about my monthly GIVEAWAY!
Every month, I give away a sweet surprise to one lucky commenter. So, don’t forget to leave a COMMENT on today’s post to enter!
If you loved today’s project, I’d love to know! The blogosphere can be a lonely place, so please don’t lurk! Leave a quick word or two to tell me you were here!
Inspired by the products I used?
The supply list is right here! Just click a product to start shopping.
The links I'm sharing are Compensated Affiliate Links, meaning that I will receive a small commission on your sale, at no additional cost to you.
Items marked with an asterisk (*) were provided by a store or the manufacturer.
When you shop with these links, you help keep the lights on and the inspiration flowing here at Pixel Maven's Retreat! Thank You!
Don't miss these hot deals - click the picture to shop!
Here's some other projects you'll like!
The Altenew Certified Educators are back on the scene with tons of inspiration to “Style It With Stencils”!
How about some slimline designs featuring NEW Picket Fence stamps? Yup – I got em! Don’t forget to stop by my YouTube channel today for a Release Day LIVE!
It’s a holiday release from Altenew! And what would the holidays be without a surprise or two? You’re gonna want to see this!