Ready for more Tic Tac Toe Fun? A new challenge opened this morning, featuring a board designed by Susan Itell. We’ve got lots of amazing inspiration and I’ve got a new How to Wow video to teach you how to make a spinner card!
We’re rapidly approaching the end of our 2nd month over at Tic Tac Toe Challenge, and I can’t be more thrilled with participation! Our Designers are just amazing, and everyone playing along is creating such inspired projects! I’m sure this week will be no different as we have another great challenge board. I noticed that YELLOW likes to pop up a lot – it must be a really popular color right now since it keeps coming to mind for the Designers. So, I thought I would try to avoid it to show the versatility of the Tic Tac Toe style challenges… Let’s take a look at the board:
I really liked the idea of using a doily – as I have them, but I don’t often use them. Do you have that problem too? What products do you buy and then have trouble using? Leave a comment to share!
Anyway, I ultimately went with the middle row: Circle, Linen Thread, Birthday. I saw that combo and instantly thought of a technique that I wanted to share in a How to Wow video. So, that’s what I did – BUT, I also added in a doily, and I guess you could call the design feminine too. So, I guess I got half of the board 😉
Spinner cards aren’t that hard, but they sure do get a WOW from their recipient! It does take a little bit of planning, especially if you’re using a punch to make the cut-out. Today’s video is just a tad longer, but I go through some good tips to keep in mind as you’re making your spinner creation. Let’s watch!
Did you love it? Here’s some more tips to make this card a success!
- Dress up the cutout with a border of some type. If you’re using a layering shape, cut out the next larger size in a complimentary color (or metallic) for some extra pizzazz. OR, use a doily! Wow! What a great use for that element I have such a hard time with 😀
- Not just for babies – The Bundle of Love Specialty DSP is for anything that needs some glitz! Gold patterned on Very Vanilla is about as sophisticated as you can get. On the opposite side, the same patterns in Very Vanilla with either Soft Sky and Blushing Bride might be screaming “baby” to you, but to me, just says “classy”. It’s a must-have for any occasion.
- Linen Thread is a staple item! Use it to make shabby-chic/vintage swirls, and to get your spinner twirling. It’s super easy to use and add to any project.
Time to earn some Pixel Points
Pixel Points are my way of rewarding this community for sharing, commenting, visiting and purchasing. And, it's not hard to do! Just Login/Register and you'll start to collect points!
Here’s how you can earn Pixel Points:
- Visit the site (Subscribe to get emails about new posts)
- Leave a COMMENT below!
- Place an order on Stampin' Up!, using this month's Host Code (or placing an order over $150).
Here’s how you can share with others:
- Use those big ‘ol SHARE buttons below and post today’s creative inspiration for others to find
- Earn more points by referring friends! Once you register, you'll get a custom URL that you can share.
When your friends use your link, you'll get more Pixel Points!
Need more info? Check out all the details...
Is your mind spinning with spinner card ideas?
If you LOVED today’s project, and you want to make this card yourself, the supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, order a minimum of $25 (can be multiple orders) start receiving extra benefits from me! The more you order, the more you’ll get! You MUST use the Host Code to get your extras!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: BUS2F3F3
- All orders receive 1 Pixel Point for every dollar spent with me on stampinup.com (before shipping and tax).
- Go for DOUBLE Pixel Points by adding the current Host Code to your order!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND earn DOUBLE Pixel Points!
- Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials available HERE.
- Learn more about the Pixel Points Program
- Get 10 Ink Pads FREE! - If you have a product wishlist over $99 the Best Deal Ever is for you!
- PAPER PUMPKIN - My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products! Join today and get your first month 1/2 off!! Use code BLOOM0818 at checkout.
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
- Need a 2018-19 Annual Catalog? Request your FREE copy here!