Did you know that both rubber and photopolymer stamps should be prepared for first use? We call the process of preparing stamps for first use "priming". It is a very easy, but important process! Priming stamps removes all of the oil and residue from stamp...
Heat embossing is a staple technique in papercrafting. Let’s get this one added to your toolkit!
I love teaching heat embossing and seeing the look on someone’s face the first time that powder melts and creates an amazing glossy result. It is just soooo cool! I mean, who would think that stamping, applying a powder and then heating it up would lead to anything so wow?!
When I was growing up, we didn’t have a Heat Gun, so we used a lightbulb, or even a pan on an electric stove! Yikes! Today, we have more appropriate tools. Beware, though – the Heat Gun DOES get very, very hot! Don’t ever point it at anyone, keep your fingers clear, and don’t heat your image on a surface that can be damaged by heat – like wood, paper or even formica. You want a heat-resistant surface, or hold the image up in the air.
Of course, there are some other steps to take to ensure that you have good results. Here’s how you do it!
How to Heat Emboss
- Use an Embossing Buddy (anti-static bag) to remove static from the surface.
- Ink up the image using Versamark embossing ink, and stamp the image on the prepared surface.
- Coat the inked image in the desired embossing powder.
- Tap to remove excess embossing powder. Use a small paintbrush if necessary, to remove any stray powder.
- Heat image with a Heat Gun.
- Once the image starts to melt, move the Heat Gun around until the entire image is complete.
- Let cool for a few seconds.
- Finish your design!
This is a part of my Paper Party video series – an introduction to stamping basics. Enjoy, the video! Supplies used are listed afterwards.
Kick-start Your Creativity
Subscribe for for exclusive specials, updates and free tutorials & sketches
Time to earn some Pixel Points
Pixel Points are my way of rewarding this community for sharing, commenting, visiting and purchasing. And, it's not hard to do! Just Login/Register and you'll start to collect points!
Here’s how you can earn Pixel Points:
- Visit the site (Subscribe to get emails about new posts)
- Leave a COMMENT below!
- Place an order on Stampin' Up!, using this month's Host Code (or placing an order over $150).
Here’s how you can share with others:
- Use those big ‘ol SHARE buttons below and post today’s creative inspiration for others to find
- Earn more points by referring friends! Once you register, you'll get a custom URL that you can share.
When your friends use your link, you'll get more Pixel Points!
Need more info? Check out all the details...
Do you get in a sticky situation trying to adhere detailed diecuts to your designs? Not after today’s Paper Party! These Sizzix Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets are the total answer! You’ll have them in your shopping cart before this post is over – guaranteed!
Welcome to the June 2017 Pals Blog Hop. Thank you so much for joining us today. This month’s theme, Pick a “B”, features projects inspired by Babies, Birthdays and Brides to name few. I went for Bride and decided to have a Paper Party while I was at it. So, bring your snips and let’s learn about fussy-cutting!
Need Supplies for your own Paper Party?
The supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, every dollar you spend (before tax and shipping) is rewarded with Pixel Points that you can redeem for products and tutorials! The more you order, the more points you earn!
You MUST use the Host Code to get your Pixel Points!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: N6T7CMQT
- All orders receive 1 Pixel Point for every dollar spent with me on stampinup.com (before shipping and tax).
- Go for 2x Pixel Points by adding the current Host Code to your order!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND earn DOUBLE Pixel Points!
- Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials available HERE.
- Learn more about the Pixel Points Program
- If you have a product wishlist over $99 the Best Deal Ever is for you!
- PAPER PUMPKIN - My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
- Need a 2018-19 Annual Catalog and Holiday Catalog? Request your FREE copies here!