Happy New Catalog Week!! As I’m sure you know, the new Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog was released on Friday. That means that it’s time for new inspiration and lots of fun new products and stamps.
Say Hello to the Graceful Glass Suite!
When I saw this suite at OnStage a few months ago, I knew it would be on my short list. The Gothic Script calligraphy paired with the stained glass images were just spot on and something that I haven’t seen lately. On top of that, creating a DSP paper stack that is vellum was genius! There’s so many cool ways to color the paper, and of course, endless color combinations.
This is probably not the last CASE file you will see from this suite! (Ann mentioned she might do one too.) I wanted to get to this one for sure because it shows off all of the beautiful parts of the suite in one design.
Registered for Pixel Points? Don't forget to Login/Register, then leave a comment at the end of the post to earn even more!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Painted Glass
Paper: Thick Whisper White (5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″) Whisper White (3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″), Gray Granite (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, 2 – 1 1/4″ x 5″), Petal Pink (3/4″ x 3″), Basic, Black Cardstock (5″ x 6″), Graceful Glass Vellum Designer Series Paper (3″ x 3″)
Ink: Lovely Lipstick Classic Ink
Stampin’ Write Markers: Petal Pink, Lovely Lipstick, Calypso Coral, Flirty Flamingo
Accessories: 1/4″ Black Cord, Tinted Vintage Faceted Buttons
Other: Stained Glass Thinlits, Big Shot, Embossing Mat, Triple Banner Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
- Score the card base at 4 1/4″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder. Adhere the Gray Granite panel to the card base. Set aside.
- Color in the 3x3 square of Graceful Glass vellum using Stampin’ Write markers as shown.
- Mount the colored design on the square of Whisper White using glue dots.
***Nit-picky details: I used Stampin’ Write markers instead of Stampin’ Blends (since the new colors aren’t available yet). That means that you should not use too much ink so the paper doesn’t curl up or pill, and use a Heat Tool to set the ink.
- Diecut the leading shape in Basic Black cardstock.
- Emboss two pieces of Gray Granite with the leading shape die and the Embossing Mats.
- Adhere the embossed panels to the card base – leave approx 1/2″ at the top and bottom.
- Add diecut to the center of the card. Adhere using SNAIL just down the center where it will be covered eventually.
- Add two lengths of Black Cord down the center.
- Adhere the stained glass panel using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment in Lovely Lipstick on the Petal Pink strip. Flag the end using the Banner Triple Punch.
- Adhere the sentiment with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere the Tinted Faceted Gem using a Glue Dot.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 3 out of 5 – I was really torn on the difficulty level. The card came together quickly, but I think there are a few “attention to detail” things that take it to a “3”. First, if you’re going to use Stampin’ Write markers to color, do it with a gentle touch. It doesn’t take much ink and its easy to over-color and cause the paper to curl or pill. Take your time, stay in the lines, and use as little ink as possible! DON’T FORGET TO HEAT SET or allow to dry for longer than you think you need to.
If you’re using Stampin’ Blends, they’ll dry super quick so you won’t have any of those problems!
The second moderately advanced technique is using the new Embossing Mat. Follow the instructions! I cut the Gray pieces to the exact finished size (1 1/4″ x 5″). So, when I placed the embossing mat over top, I held the paper to the die and covered the bottom half, then flopped the rest of the mat over top. Once in place it stayed. The effect is stunning!
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’re “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest) and if we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks!
- It's Here!! The NEW 2018-19 Annual Catalog! Don't have one? Request your FREE copy here!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: K2NNX43P
- All orders receive 1 Pixel Point for every dollar spent with me on stampinup.com (before shipping and tax).
- Go for DOUBLE Pixel Points by adding the current Host Code to your order!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND earn DOUBLE Pixel Points!
- Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials available HERE.
- Learn more about the Pixel Points Program
- PAPER PUMPKIN - Outside the Box! My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products! Join today!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
Get everything you need to make this design!
The supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, every dollar you spend (before tax and shipping) is rewarded with Pixel Points that you can redeem for products and tutorials! The more you order, the more points you earn!
You MUST use the Host Code to get your Pixel Points!
Here's some other projects you'll like!
Welcome to this week’s On the CASE with Ann & Nicole! We’ve reached the end of the Stampin’ Up! year, which means we’re closing the books on the 2017-18 Annual Catalog and the 2018 Occasions Catalog.
Do you ever feel like you’re the last on the bandwagon for a new crafting technique? That’s me on this week’s CASE. I’ve been eyeballing this particular design for a while now. I’d been putting it off because I thought I’d need more time…