Are you ready to get wild? For my latest “On the CASE” CASE file I thought I’d go for an outing – an Animal Outing! This fun little design was cracked in no time – perfect for crafters on the go.
It’s time to explore another CASE file! So put on your super sleuth hats!
I thought I’d pull out a huge favorite from last year’s catalog to show you how this year’s new colors really take the set to a new level. If you weren’t crazy about all of the Regal tones of last year’s Eastern Beauty, look again at this year’s catalog samples (pg. 139 in the Annual catalog) because fresh fun colors breathe new life into this set!
Registered for Pixel Points? Don't forget to Login/Register, then leave a comment at the end of the post to earn even more!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Eastern Beauty
Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock (8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″), Coastal Cabana Cardstock (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ and 4 1/4″ x 4 3/4″), Sparkle Glimmer Paper (3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″), scraps of Pumpkin Pie Cardstock, Poppy Parade Cardstock, Granny Apple Green Cardstock & Whisper White Cardstock
Inks: Pumpkin Pie, Poppy Parade, Coastal Cabana
Accessories: Silver Metallic Thread, Clear Faceted Gems
Other: Big Shot, Eastern Medallion Thinlits Dies, Paper Snips, Classic Label Punch
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide – click on the images to enlarge)
- Score your card base at 4 1/4″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder.
- Stamp edge of Coastal Cabana base layer with the spray pattern. Adhere to card base.
- Diecut the eastern medallion on the smaller Coastal Cabana layer. Stamp the patterns as shown.
- Stamp the spray pattern in Pumpkin Pie on Pumpkin Pie cardstock. Stamp the star image too. Diecut both.
- Snip out the large flower.
- Repeat the stamp, diecut, snip process with Poppy Parade ink on Poppy Parade cardstock.
- Stamp and diecut the flower line image on Granny Apple Green using Granny Apple Green ink. Diecut.
- Assemble the flower pieces, offsetting the bottom layer. Add a faceted gem in the middle.
- Snip out two of the green flower petals to make leaves. Adhere to flower.
- Add Metallic thread loops to the flower.
- Straighten out the sentiment on an acrylic block. Stamp in Pumpkin Pie on Whisper White.
- Punch out the sentiment with the Classic Label Punch.
- Adhere the Glimmer Paper to the card base – leaving about 3/4″ on the left.
- Adhere the finished flower element to the diecut Coastal Cabana layer. Add the sentiment.
- Adhere the finished Coastal Cabana layer to the base layer with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5 – The individual stamping around the medallion takes an extra minute, as does the stamp texture on the flowers. Looking for a shortcut? Skip the stamping on the flowers. Don’t skip the medallion as it would look pretty plain otherwise. Other than that, this card is a breeze to put together! It would be fun to make a series of this design using different colors, so, give it a try!
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’re “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest) and if we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: BX3ZCRVB
- In August - All orders receive 2 Pixel Points for every dollar spent with me on stampinup.com (before shipping and tax).
- In August - Go for 4x Pixel Points by adding the current Host Code to your order!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND earn DOUBLE Pixel Points!
- Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials available HERE.
- Learn more about the Pixel Points Program
- BONUS DAYS! For every $50 spent in August, receive a $5 voucher to redeem in September!
- If you have a product wishlist over $99 the Best Deal Ever is for you!
- PAPER PUMPKIN - My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products! Join today and get your first month 1/2 off!! Use code BLOOM0818 at checkout.
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
- Need a 2018-19 Annual Catalog and Holiday Catalog? Request your FREE copies here!
Get everything you need to make this design!
The supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, every dollar you spend (before tax and shipping) is rewarded with Pixel Points that you can redeem for products and tutorials! The more you order, the more points you earn!
Get 2x Pixel Points when you add the Host Code to your order, or when you go over $150!