Welcome to 2018! Valentine’s Day will be here before you know it! Today’s On the CASE file is all about making a sweet for your sweet! I was instantly drawn to this amazing sample, and was thrilled to discover that it was pretty easy to make too!
I knew that I wanted to dive into the Tutti Fruitti product suite for my CASE project this week, but I was really up in the air about which card design I would choose. I went for the birthday design with lemons. I picked it mainly because it looked like it was the only A2-sized card on the page. But, when you look at the other samples and try to compare them to scale, I’m not quite sold that the design was actually A2 (4 1/4 x 5 1/2). But, if it’s not, then I don’t know what size it is! It’s not the new long notecard size – perhaps it was just a regular notecard (3 1/2 x 5)? Now that I’m looking at it – I bet it was!!
Oh well – you’re getting a modified CASE file – sized for A2. But, guess what?! That just shows that you can take almost any design and make it whatever size you want! LOL!! Not crazy about the 3x3 samples? You can just extend the DSP, or add an additional cardstock panel behind it to make a different size!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Fruit Basket (bundle)
Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock (8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″), Daffodil Delight Cardstock (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″) Whisper White Cardstock (5″ x 3 1/4″), Whisper White Cardstock strip (3/4″ x 4″)
Inks: Daffodil Delight, Lemon Lime Twist
Accessories: Tutti-fruitti Adhesive Backed Sequins, Lemon Lime Twist 3/8″ Mini Striped Ribbon, Tutti-fruitti Washi Tape
Other: Itty Bitty Fruit Punch Pack, Tear & Tape, Stampin’ Dimensionals
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
This card’s pretty easy-peasy! Let’s get to it!
- Score your card base at 4 1/4″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder.
- Adhere the 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ Daffodil Delight Cardstock panel to the card base.
- Randomly stamp the lemon rind image in Daffodil Delight on the 5″ x 3 1/4″ Whisper White Cardstock. Stamp two extra lemons on a scrap of Whisper White Cardstock.
- Stamp the lemon centers – stamp off once in Daffodil Delight to get a lighter shade of yellow.
- Punch out the two lemons from the scrap piece.
- Stamp the sentiment in Lemon Lime Twist ink on the strip of Whisper White Cardstock. Use the Stamp-a-ma-Jig for precision alignment.
- Adhere ribbon to the lemons panel using Tear & Tape. Adhere the tape to the ribbon, then adhere ribbon to cardstock.
- Adhere the sentiment to the card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Use the lemons panel and a pencil to draw in some light lines so you know where to put the washi tape.
- Adhere the washi tape to the card base.
- Adhere three sequins and the punched lemon wedges (popped up on Mini Dimensionals).
- Adhere finished lemon panel to card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 1 out of 5 – This is such a cute card with a lot of WOW – without all the fuss! It’s totally straight-forward (except that maybe it should have been notecard sized). Having the coordinating punch and self adhesive sequins made this card super easy! I also love that you could easily swap out the sentiment and use the card for all sorts of occasions.
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’re “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest) and if we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks!
Welcome to our last On the CASE file for 2017! This year’s file cabinet is full to bursting, but we have two more files (one each) for this week… Now that the holidays are in full swing, I think both Ann and I were hoping to get our hands on some simpler projects without any unexpected twists and turns. Fortunately for me, I succeeded in picking just the right CASE file. I hope Ann did too!
Have you sleuthed through the catalog lately? Perhaps to recreate a project you just love? I felt like a real detective for this week’s On the CASE – I’ll tell you why… I stared, and stared, and compared cardstock for my CASE file this week. I was truly perplexed!! It was clear to me that the base card color was not the same as the cardstock used for the sentiment. What shade of brown could that be?
Ready to try your own CASE file?
If you LOVED today’s project, and you want to make this card yourself, the supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, order a minimum of $25 (can be multiple orders) start receiving extra benefits from me! The more you order, the more you’ll get! You MUST use the Host Code to get your extras!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: UUHBKRUT.
- Product Reward Club members receive 2 Pixel Points for every dollar they spend (before shipping and tax). Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials availalable HERE.
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND the free gifts from me!
- STAMPIN' BLENDS! Stampin' Up!'s new alcohol-based markers are now available! Start your collection today and join me at Club Blend
- PAPER PUMPKIN - Outside the Box! My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products! Join today!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra