Is your style “quick & easy”, or “relish the process” or both? I started off my CASE quest this week thinking that the design I chose would be mostly quick & easy because it just had some quick watercoloring. Weellll…..
About a year ago, Ann and I had this great idea…
We thought it would be fun to take you on a journey through current Stampin’ Up! catalogs where we CASE the projects and give you all the details to recreate them.
It is truly amazing that we’ve been at this for a YEAR already!
I thought that in celebration, it would be fitting to share a thank you card design as a way to say “thanks” for going on this journey with us.
We are both excited to continue to bring you this featured segment on both of our blogs – hopefully for years to come!
Registered for Pixel Points? Don't forget to Login/Register, then leave a comment at the end of the post to earn even more!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: One Big Meaning
Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock (8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″), Naturally Eclectic DSP (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″), Soft Sky Cardstock (3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″), Naturally Eclectic DSP (4″ x 1″), Whisper White Cardstock (1 1/2″ x 4″)
Inks: Emerald Envy
Accessories: Linen Thread
Other: Big Shot, Pinewood Planks Dimensional TIEF
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
- Score your card base at 4 1/4″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder.
- Adhere the large Naturally Eclectic DSP panel to the card base.
- Stamp the sentiment in Emerald Envy on the Whisper White strip. Using your Stamparatus will help ensure a perfect impression!
- Emboss the Soft SKy panel with the Pinewood Planks DTIEF
- Adhere the DSP strip to the embossed Soft Sky cardstock panel.
- Adhere the large wood heart to the Soft Sky panel.
- Add Linen Thread and tie in a bow off to the left.
- Adhere finished panel to the card base, at an angle.
- Adhere sentiment using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere final small woodcut hearts.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 1 out of 5 – Whew! I needed a quick and simple design this week – and this One Big Meaning card delivered! This was a very straightforward design – perfect to use as a demonstration card, or even as a make-and-take. The little bit of embossing, and the use of the woodcut hearts make the card look much more difficult than you’d think!
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’re “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest) and if we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks!
Take a break today and crack this CASE along with us! Ann and I are back with two new CASE files! I finally did up a tracking list because I couldn’t remember all the great projects we completed. Can you believe we closed 60 CASEs between the two of us? Wow! That’s a lot of step-by-step inspiration!
Can you believe that next week is already March? I thought I would On the CASE with a fun, sophisticated floral design to start thinking Spring!
Get everything you need to make this design!
The supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, every dollar you spend (before tax and shipping) is rewarded with Pixel Points that you can redeem for products and tutorials! The more you order, the more points you earn!
You MUST use the Host Code to get your Pixel Points!
- GET RETIRING PRODUCTS WHILE SUPPLIES LAST! Ink and Paper will go quickly, so don't delay!!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: R6J2T9R4
- All orders receive 1 Pixel Point for every dollar spent with me on stampinup.com (before shipping and tax).
- Go for DOUBLE Pixel Points by adding the current Host Code to your order!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND earn DOUBLE Pixel Points!
- Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials available HERE.
- Learn more about the Pixel Points Program
- PAPER PUMPKIN - Outside the Box! My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products! Join today!
- New to Paper Pumpkin? Use code SAVEFIFTY0418 when you sign up and get your first two months at 50% off!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra