Do you have the #1 on-trend stamp set from the Holiday Catalog? If you have the Country Home photopolymer set, you sure do! I’m really excited to share the coloring technique for today’s On the CASE.
Yippee Skippee!! Are you ready for a new Papercrafting Challenge? Say HELLO to Festive Friday!
A few months ago, fellow Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators, Ann Schach and Beth McCullough and I started brainstorming on a new, innovative papercrafting challenge. We didn’t want it to be just like all the others. What could get people really interested in playing along week after week?
We knew it depended on two things. First, a unique challenge; Not just colors, or inspiration photos, or sketches — there’s plenty of those kinds of challenges. Second, a unique rewards system; Not just weekly picks and guest designers, but a way for everyone who participates to qualify for “something”.
A Unique Challenge:
Festive Friday is built around festivities and holiday and “days”. Basically, any “special” event. It could be traditional “holidays” like Valentine’s Day, or a festivity like birthdays or a fun “Day” like National Ice Cream Day. To make sure everyone can participate, there’s a second component of a design element (sequins, glitter, ribbon, specific shapes, etc). The challenge is an “And/Or” challenge, so participants can use the festivity and the element, OR just one of the two (the festivity, or the element). Don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day? Just use the sequins part…. make sense?
Not only does Festive Friday have challenge picks (Festive Friday Faves), but all participants can earn Fest Points which can be redeemed for PDF tutorials and other great prizes – including Guest Designer. That’s right – play enough, and anyone can be a guest designer!
Festive Friday challenges go live the 2nd and 4th Friday of the month, and run for 11 days! I hope to see you play along!
Our first challenge is Valentine’s Day and/or Sequins
My project is a simple heart treat holder! I was able to put 20 of these together in less than an hour! I opted for both of the elements – Valentine’s Day and Sequins, using both the new DTIEF Sequins folder, and mini sequins trim.
You can roll over the numbers on the image below to see and link to products used. A full product listing is available at the end of the post.
As I was putting this project together, and realized how easy it is, it dawned on me that it’s a great treat holder for lots of different events – especially baby showers and weddings! Just change up the colors to match your event and voila!
This project is available as a tutorial over at Festive Friday Challenge. If you’re participating in the challenge and register for an account, you can use your Fest Points towards the “purchase” of this tutorial! I hope to see you play along!
Kick-start Your Creativity
Subscribe for for exclusive specials, updates and free tutorials & sketches
Time to earn some Pixel Points
Pixel Points are my way of rewarding this community for sharing, commenting, visiting and purchasing. And, it's not hard to do! Just Login/Register and you'll start to collect points!
Here’s how you can earn Pixel Points:
- Visit the site (Subscribe to get emails about new posts)
- Leave a COMMENT below!
- Place an order on Stampin' Up!, using this month's Host Code (or placing an order over $150).
Here’s how you can share with others:
- Use those big ‘ol SHARE buttons below and post today’s creative inspiration for others to find
- Earn more points by referring friends! Once you register, you'll get a custom URL that you can share.
When your friends use your link, you'll get more Pixel Points!
Need more info? Check out all the details...
Sweetest Day? Never heard of it!! According to Hallmark.com, “Sweetest Day is an original American holiday not based on any group’s religious tradition. It’s simply a reminder that a thoughtful word, deed or small gift enriches the life of the recipient as well as the person giving it.”
Looking for simple & easy for the holidays and beyond? Look no further! For today’s On the CASE, I dove into a stamp set who’s samples caught my eye on my first flip through the Holiday Catalog. Did you know that the Holiday Catalog has more than just holiday-themed stamps? It’s true…
Get everything you need to make this design!
The supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, every dollar you spend (before tax and shipping) is rewarded with Pixel Points that you can redeem for products and tutorials! The more you order, the more points you earn!
You MUST use the Host Code to get your Pixel Points!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: N6T7CMQT
- All orders receive 1 Pixel Point for every dollar spent with me on stampinup.com (before shipping and tax).
- Go for 2x Pixel Points by adding the current Host Code to your order!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND earn DOUBLE Pixel Points!
- Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials available HERE.
- Learn more about the Pixel Points Program
- If you have a product wishlist over $99 the Best Deal Ever is for you!
- PAPER PUMPKIN - My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
- Need a 2018-19 Annual Catalog and Holiday Catalog? Request your FREE copies here!