Welcome to the Families First Pals Blog Hop for April 2017. We are thankful you stopped by to take in all of our projects! Today, I’ll share how to create realistic paper succulents.
This month we are featuring projects that are all about our families. This is a great time of year to think about what to make for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, or upcoming graduations. And, family vacations are just around the corner… how would you want to remember those special family moments? We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
I have to admit, I didn’t think I would get the Vertical Garden kit, but I needed a cute project for an event raffle prize, and thought that I could take this one to the next level with a little creativity…
Can you believe this is the same kit that’s in the Occasions Catalog? Honestly, there wasn’t too much effort involved in stepping this project up to a “WOW”. Here’s some key products:
- Sponge Daubers – to swirl on various colors to the diecuts
- Versamark Reinker – applied to the succulents to give a rich, waxy look. Also painted on to the roses to apply (retired) Real Red Glitter Embossing Powder.
- Stampin’ Dimensionals – on each succulent layer to add depth, space, and allow for the layers to curl properly.
- Bone Folder – to curl the succulent petals the correct way (see the video).
- Calypso Coral Stampin’ Write Marker – to color the edges of the roses so the white core of the paper doesn’t show.
- Hot Glue Gun – necessary for the roses, and best to adhere everything to the tray.
- Reindeer Moss (from the dollar store) – to add more bulk and realism between the flowers.
Check out my video that walks you through the whole stepped-up succulent process…
Wrap-up & Chat
Wow! I don’t usually toot my own horn, but I think I crushed it this time! I hope you use my ideas above to help kick-start your creativity for today – and share your results!
Because creatives crave inspiration! By sharing your work, not only will you get better, and craft more often, but you’ll be helping inspire others too. Creativity is a team sport, so get out there and share.
Here’s how you can share with me:
- Leave a COMMENT below!
- Post a project inspired by today’s post on my Facebook page OR
- Post it Pinterest and use the hashtag #PMRInspired2017 OR
- Post it to Instagram and use the hashtag #PMRInspired2017
When I find your creations, I’ll comment and I’ll share them right here!
Here’s how you can share with others:
- Use those big ‘ol SHARE buttons below and post today’s creative inspiration for others to find
- If you’re on a mobile device, you can share images by pressing and holding on the picture and selecting “Share Image”. You should get a whole bunch of options depending on what apps you have installed on your device.
Time to Hop Along!
To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat << That’s Me!
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Susan Itell at simplestampin.com
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme by Becky Retzer
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps.com
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
Get it Before it’s GONE!
If you LOVED today’s project, and you want to make this beautiful kit for yourself, or maybe for a Mother’s Day gift, you need to order now! It’s retiring and will only be around while supplies last!! Click on the link below to order, and don’t forget the host code for an extra free gift from me!
- The end of the Stampin' Up! year is upon us! Retiring products are only available while supplies last. AND THEY'RE GOING FAST! You won’t want to miss out on ordering your favorites! SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: T7W29MNZ
FREEBIES!!! There's no catch - check out my Freebies Page for all sorts of downloadable resources to help take your crafting up a notch!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.