It’s a new year, with new adventures!
Happy 2019! Ann and I are back with another On the CASE. Last year, Ann and I worked our way through Stampin’ Up!® catalogs, breaking down samples step-by-step, providing you with free tutorials so you could CASE your own. This year, Ann is still working on unsolved Stampin’ Up! CASEs, but I’ve been “reassigned” to a new unit!
Anyone here remember (and miss) their spirograph?
It was seriously one of my favorite toys growing up. This new, Concord & 9th exclusive turnabout set is a total throwback with lots and lots of possibilities! And what better way to get a feel for a new set than by CASEing a project? I decided on the floral looking design since these dreary winter days could really use a pop of color!
This was a fun design to put together! But, be prepared to practice some patience as there’s lots of fussy cutting! Let’s take a look at the results:
(affiliate links are used in this post. When you click on them and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting my blog!)
Don’t forget to leave a comment at the end of the post to qualify for my monthly giveaway!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Mini Spirograph Turnabout (Concord & 9th)
Paper: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ Solar White 110lb CS (Neenah), 4 – 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ Solar White 80lb CS (Neenah), scrap of Black Licorice CS (Lawn Fawn)
Inks: Unicorn White pigment ink (Hero), Altenew crisp ink cubes (or any colors you want)
Accessories: Silver metallic thread (Tacony), Silver Lining Sequins (28 Lilac Lane)
Other: Precision Scissors (EK Success), White Embossing Powder (Ranger), Anti-static bag, Heat Tool, Stamp Positioning Tool, Turnabout template, pop-up dots.
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
- Score the card base at 4 1/4″.
- Pick out ink colors. The colors I used are pictured below, but any combination will work!
- Align the stamp using the included stamp positioner. Since we only need the flower, there’s no need for the 6x6 template. Just use the 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ template and the same size cardstock.
- Stamp the light color, rotate the cardstock 90-degrees, then stamp the dark color. Repeat the rotation and stamp in light, then rotate and dark.
- Stamp the heart images – one each in the darker shades.
- Fussy cut the flowers and hearts.
- Adhere the flowers directly to the card base, then trim the excess around the edges.
- Stamp the sentiment in Unicorn White pigment ink. Then, heat emboss with white superfine embossing powder.
- Add foam pop-ups to the back of the snipped out sentiment, then some circles of silver metallic thread.
- Adhere the finished sentiment to the card and add a few silver sequins.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5 – This is a super fun card to create – and there’s so many possibilities with color variations, and sentiment swaps. It could easily be a go-to staple in your card design file. Of course, I’m new to Turnabouts, so I still need a minute to review the how-to before I get started. Once that’s done, the magic happens!
This stamp set was originally a monthly incentive stamp, but due to its popularity, it’s available for purchase! Get yours today and spin away!!
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing our projects, or another project you’ve been eyeing! We hope to see you again in 2 weeks when we’ll be On the CASE again! In the meantime, please leave a comment about today’s project and then don’t forget to CASE out Ann’s project!
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
Get everything you need to make this project!
The supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. The links I'm sharing are Affiliate Links, meaning that I will receive a small commission on your sale, at no additional cost to you. This helps keep the lights on and the inspiration flowing here at Pixel Maven's Retreat!
Here's some other projects you'll like!
It’s a new year, with new adventures!
It’s time to celebrate!
This is the last CASE file for Ann and I this year! Wow! How time flies 😀 I thought I’d revisit a past suite and share another quick and simple design.